Help : iPod Video

This is a discussion on Help : iPod Video within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Today I finally came to the sad conclusion that my iPod Mini's battery, acquired in June 2005, died since the ...
Page: 1

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Today I finally came to the sad conclusion that my iPod Mini's battery, acquired in June 2005, died since the play time on it was 6 hours and 36 minutes instead of the supposed 16 or 18 it was. Aren't batteries dramatic? they are the only object out of all objects that dies... either it works or is dead, what a shit life. Eitherway, since I need my music banging on my ears all the time, decided to buy a new iPod.

Now, the 4gbs of the iPod mini didn't fitted me at all, so now going for something that has at least 20 gb and video options so I can get distracted on the road since I hate driving. Shootgun ftw!

So, based on the idea of going for a video iPod, I found that there where two versions that fitted me...

1) 80 gb iPod, comes with 20-21 hours of music playback, and 6.5 for video. ~340$
    2) 30 gb iPod, comes with 16 hours of music playback and ~4 of video. ~240$

My doubt relies in the wondering that if it is worth paying 100-120$ extra for 50gb more aswell as baterry life time. I can afford both, but not sure if ill eventually need all that space. The playback does attracts me, since I don't wanna watch a movie and then run out of battery, and if I wanna watch a movie the extra space comes perfect since a movie is arround 3-5gb.

So, anyone that owns any of this types of iPods can give me any comments on em?

On a side note, anyone tested the nike + iPod stuff and knows if its combinable to the iPod Video too, beside the Nano? I run everyday and hate using a watch so it'd sure help, but sticking to a shitty iPod nano turns me off.

Also, anyone knows if any new version of iPod is coming soon? or if there's any other Mp3 Player, like the one from Microsoft, that matches of beats the 80gb iPod for a less or equivcalent prize?

If anyone gives me a really helpfull answer I'm willing to give my free month of rapidshare premium from the video contest, wich I haven't claimed since can varely get to internet. But in case that noone really helps I'll seek to get the money from it donated to ko4life.

Thanks in advance, hopefully I'll be able to read any comments in a day or two.

Banned Senior Member

I would go with the 80GB ipod Video, more space is always a plus, and it seems to have a great battery between charges. I dont think there will be another version of the Ipod out for a little, since the iPhone will be out somewhat soon . Since when were videos you watch 3-5gb? All the ones I watch are 600-800mb in size.

Will be able to find some other video MP3 players, but it depends if you want it more for videos or a little bit of both. Some of the players have a larger screen or are made horizontal instead of vertical for the video playback.

And the Nike + doesn't work with the iPod Videosm only the Nano

My wife has a 2gig nano and I have a 30gig video. I was going to opt for the 60 gig but then I realized that the 60 and 80 gig ipods are larger, and my music collection was only 20gig and that left me with enough room for about 10 movies and a few family guy episodes so everything worked out fine for me. If space is really an issue then go for the 80 gig but in my oppinion 30 is just fine. I bought this thing that plugs into the ipod and gives you like 3 days of playback and I freakin love it. It can charge my ipod about 4 times with it so battery life isnt an issue for me.

If your going to view movies on the ipod your going to need an external rechargable battery pack anyways because 2hours video playback is bullshit, and it isn't much better with the 80 gig either. Screw what others say your not gunna get 4 hours of video playback lol..

Either way I woulden't recomend anything else. Both the nano 2 gig and my video are superb in every aspect aside from video playback. The size of both units are perfect and the quality is very durable, although it's retarded that apple didn't make the back brushed aluminum because the shiny back makes resale value go down a shitload... way way to easy to scuff or scratch so invest in a good aluminum form fitting cover or possibly the rubber kind.

I have spent over 200$ in accessories alone, it's very addictive unfortunatly. I have a drawer full of ebay cases that I wanted to try out. I have to admit the aluminum case that they are selling on ebay is actually pretty good exept the belt clip isnt removable.

So far I've gotten :

5 cases (about 55$ total)
    3 FM transmitters (belkin freakin' rocks, best transmitters out there) (110$ total)
    wall AC adapter (FU apple for not putting one in the box) (20$)
    Batterygeek external rechargable battery pack (60$)

My point being, a stock ipod isn't a good ipod so always factor in acessories when buying one.

As for a new Ipod, kinda. There is an ipod phone thats coming soon but I'm not sure if it would work in peru.

Dro

Ya, me either, that's why not gonna wait for June to buy it. It looks good and all, but the memory isn't the best, and what's the point if is not gonna work for me. What's the name of that battery device you mentioned?

I'll break it down with what I know

Today I finally came to the sad conclusion that my iPod Mini's battery, acquired in June 2005, died since the play time on it was 6 hours and 36 minutes instead of the supposed 16 or 18 it was. Aren't batteries dramatic? they are the only object out of all objects that dies... either it works or is dead, what a shit life. Eitherway, since I need my music banging on my ears all the time, decided to buy a new iPod.

Now, the 4gbs of the iPod mini didn't fitted me at all, so now going for something that has at least 20 gb and video options so I can get distracted on the road since I hate driving. Shootgun ftw!

So, based on the idea of going for a video iPod, I found that there where two versions that fitted me...

1) 80 gb iPod, comes with 20-21 hours of music playback, and 6.5 for video. ~340$
    2) 30 gb iPod, comes with 16 hours of music playback and ~4 of video. ~240$[/b]
    80gb iPod is the better deal. I'll be getting either a new 80gb or an iPhone, depending on the price. If I were you, the extra space is definitely a plus.

Originally posted by &#39;Dro&#39;+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(&#39;Dro&#39</div>
    My doubt relies in the wondering that if it is worth paying 100-120$ extra for 50gb more aswell as baterry life time. I can afford both, but not sure if ill eventually need all that space. The playback does attracts me, since I don&#39;t wanna watch a movie and then run out of battery, and if I wanna watch a movie the extra space comes perfect since a movie is arround 3-5gb.[/b]
    Movies for iPods have to be in MP4 format, which is a very small file format. Most of the movies you download from Torrents or RS websites will be around 700-900mb MAX. Any more than that and you&#39;re downloading a LOT more than you need to. A typical feature length movie (about an hour and a half to two hours) will be 400-500mb.

Originally posted by &#39;Dro&#39;+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(&#39;Dro&#39</div>
    So, anyone that owns any of this types of iPods can give me any comments on em?[/b]
    I own a 30gb and love it. Use it at school daily to keep me awake, listening to music or comedy shows while the teachers talk about whatever we&#39;re supposed to be learning. Ideally, I&#39;d want the 80gb, but the 30gb works just fine. I have 1250+ songs, as well as 40-50 music videos and 20 full movies on my iPod and have still have around 12-13gb left to fill.

<!--QuoteBegin-&#39;Dro&#39;
    @
    On a side note, anyone tested the nike + iPod stuff and knows if its combinable to the iPod Video too, beside the Nano? I run everyday and hate using a watch so it&#39;d sure help, but sticking to a shitty iPod nano turns me off.
    As far as I know, it does not. I haven&#39;t tested it, but I don&#39;t think it does, I think thats a special Nano thing.

<!--QuoteBegin-&#39;Dro&#39;

Also, anyone knows if any new version of iPod is coming soon? or if there&#39;s any other Mp3 Player, like the one from Microsoft, that matches of beats the 80gb iPod for a less or equivcalent prize?
    In my honest opinion, there is nothing currently on the market that can match an iPod, both in functionality and popularity :P. When you say you have an iPod, people know what that is. When you say you have a Zune, people look at you funny. As for functionality, the iPod is the most user-friendly I&#39;ve had a chance to get my hands on, this includes Microsoft&#39;s Zune. I played with one at a local shop and was disgusted with it, especially since it was supposed to rival the iPod.

Hope that helps

What&#39;s the name of that battery device you mentioned?[/b]
    Its a pity they are so hard to find, they own any other battery option I have tried. It&#39;s called BatteryGeek but like I said its pretty hard to find them, let me get a link.

http://www.batterygeek.net/Batterygeek_100...d_100_black.htm

They arn&#39;t cheap but well worth it in my oppinion, I found mine a little cheaper off ebay.

Dro

Uhm ok, then going for the 80gb ipod video.

Shurt winning so far.

Now, what about accesories? I was searching through the apple website and found that there were a lot of accesories beside that battery one. I saw some and looking for :
    - TV cable, so I can watch the videos in the ipod on it.
    - FM transmitter, to use when going in shootgun.
    - Car and AC charger, since I don&#39;t got a PC available all time.
    - Voice recorder, to record class and blackmail ppl when they tell me secrets... muahaha, but only if it&#39;s cheap.

Anyone knows any of those accesories that have a good brand, are good and easy to use, plus a not retarded price? I found this iSnug Accessory Kit, but didn&#39;t saw where they sold it. Also noticed that the main brands for em where Belkin and Griffin, but I didn&#39;t really liked the prices on em... any comment on them?

Uhm ok, then going for the 80gb ipod video.

Shurt winning so far.

Now, what about accesories? I was searching through the apple website and found that there were a lot of accesories beside that battery one. I saw some and looking for :
    - TV cable, so I can watch the videos in the ipod on it.
    - FM transmitter, to use when going in shootgun.
    - Car and AC charger, since I don&#39;t got a PC available all time.
    - Voice recorder, to record class and blackmail ppl when they tell me secrets... muahaha, but only if it&#39;s cheap.

Anyone knows any of those accesories that have a good brand, are good and easy to use, plus a not retarded price? I found this iSnug Accessory Kit, but didn&#39;t saw where they sold it. Also noticed that the main brands for em where Belkin and Griffin, but I didn&#39;t really liked the prices on em... any comment on them?[/b]
    When dealing with FM transmitters never look at the cheapest. I have tried many of them and the only one that I can recommend is the Belkin Tunebase FM. It picks up reception very well where I live and the music comes in clear. All the others arn&#39;t even worth the time or money. I&#39;ve only tried 1 of the griffin models and didn&#39;t like it but I think they have a new one out that does fairly well also.

As for the other accessories it shoulden&#39;t matter the brand, just get the cheapest you can find. :mellow:

G0D

Hey quick question for Dro ermm what songs did u use in ur Pk vid (btw 10/10) I know that contest was i while ago but I just recently found it lol so could u tell me plx they are realy good ! :P :wub: