Help with WoW

This is a discussion on Help with WoW within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; looking for some one to play with on WoW and teach me some things... btw I dont want money / ...
Page: 1

Matador

Default Help with WoW

looking for some one to play with on WoW and teach me some things... btw I dont want money / items i just want to learn how to play better and maybe some advice on what character I should be.

Aqu

Well play whatever class you most desire....
    I mean, decide if you want to heal, dps or tank.
    Then select whatever race you like the look of/racials of

Yun_Yuuzhan

It plays like KO from levels 1-59 except there is a lot more quests to do. You'll be grinding after 20 or so anyway if you want to level fast.

The problem with WoW is that it is fun until 60, at which point it sucks unless you are the type of person that likes the following things:

[list]
    Instanced PvP
    Large amounts of raiding for gear, which requires 39 other people in a good guild with a ventrilo/teamspeak server and a RPP(DKP) system for assigning drops
    Gear matters so much skill in PvP does not exist
    UI mods often make the difference between the 'skilled' and 'unskilled' (see the above point)
    Endless hours in the same dungeon over and over again
    Continuing the raiding grind once new content comes out, which it always does
    [list]

If the above sounds good to you, you will love WoW. If it does not, save yourself time and money and just stop now, trust me.

Aqu

Sounds far better than dupers/cheaters/turks to me ^_^

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Aqu
    Sounds far better than dupers/cheaters/turks to me *^_^
    Yeah I forgot to mention that cheaters as we know them in KO don't exist. Yet I still came back here, what does that tell you? WoW PK really is that bad

Aqu

Its kinda fun as a shadow priest, totally unbalanced class for the win ^_^

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Aqu
    Its kinda fun as a shadow priest, totally unbalanced class for the win ^_^
    Ha, after 1.10 I refused to even 1v1 them at all it was so bs. Hunters got on my nerves too, that damned feign death icetrap + how they always seemed to have a shot that would slow me down. You should've heard me scream over how stupid it was to have a PK system based on crowd control, most days you get to actually control your character 30% of the time. :lol:

Matador

Is priest fun? I am leveling up an undead priest. I like to heal but with 39 people to support wouldnt it be hard?

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Matador
    Is priest fun? I am leveling up an undead priest. I like to heal but with 39 people to support wouldnt it be hard?
    Because pots are rarer and have a 2min cooldown you will have more mana issues than in KO but there are ways around it. You won't be the only priest in a 40 man raid, most of our raids had 4-5 priests depending on the difficulty we were anticipating. Not to mention the shamans and druids as support (I was horde)

If your guild will let you go shadow, it's absolutely insane how ridiculously overpowered it is atm, a good shadow priest can destroy 2-3 people without getting scratched. 1v1 they are unstoppable even if their gear is worse than their opponent, I saw green geared shadow priests rape BWL geared warriors. :lol:

pallys are the worst.. with their bubble.. omg

it sucks when u got 2 ?? guard on you and a hunter just conc shots you.. frustrating :angry: