Hey Xfire People, Check it

This is a discussion on Hey Xfire People, Check it within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Scrounging around on the net- Dont know who viacom is? Huge Network that owns other networks such as Espn, Nickelodeon, ...
Page: 1

HomerSimpson

Default Hey Xfire People, Check it

Scrounging around on the net- Dont know who viacom is? Huge Network that owns other networks such as Espn, Nickelodeon, etc..

In more media merging news, Viacom bought Xfire, an "online gaming and communication community platform", for $102 million, according to press releases issued by both companies yesterday. Xfire, which makes an instant messaging program that allows online gamers to communicate and invite other friends to play, will be brought into the MTV Networks division of the company. Xfire has had past success luring advertisers by offering consumers demo games and game trailers, which Viacom is presumably looking take a slice of. In addition, it more fully connects MTV Networks to the online gaming community, which meshes well with it's highly desirable (at least to advertisers) viewing audience.

A statement by Xfire's VP of engineering Chris Kirmse stated the company's confidence in the future: "[The acquisition] validates the success that we've already had. It also validates the methods by which we've had that success--building a great product, listening to our users, and continually improving the product based on feedback. Keep your eyes and ears peeled to see what the impact at the E3 show next week might be.

xourico

??? xfire?? wats that? <_<

SisterMary

So?

What that mean for us - Xfire users ? :huh:

GS & GL ;]

Smurfy

Originally posted by SisterMary
    So?

What that mean for us - Xfire users ? *:huh: *

GS & GL ;]
    Means nothing.. Will be the same still

Dorn

Originally posted by xourico
    ??? xfire?? wats that? *<_<
    it keeps track of how long you have been playing games, im ppl, etc. see my sig

lol. xfire says I have 3010 hours of KO. I'm not even kidding. afk merch for days on end FTFW! my name is t0t4lpwnage btw if you want proof, or just want to talk. I'm tired of always talking to flayer and danny. XD

pwnt james...just pwnt

Errorist

Xfire is for immigrants.