Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

How many Push ups can u do?

This is a discussion on How many Push ups can u do? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; probably 50+, havent done them for a while... but yea 50 is easy....
Page: 2

probably 50+, havent done them for a while... but yea 50 is easy.

Banned

haha gotta love the people tryna look g on a gamin forum.

I can do like what....30-35 max before i take break.. lol

haha gotta love the people tryna look g on a gamin forum.

I can do like what....30-35 max before i take break.. lol[/b]
    some of us actually exercise and work out.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

people who go for amount are most often going fast and more often than not sacrificing form for number

by going fast ur using momentum more-so than strength, which really means shit all
    by sacrificing form...well ur sacrificing form...which means u really arent even doing a pushup anymore

back when i did sports in high school i did about 40 proper(back perfectly straight, hands at proper position, going down to a proper level, etc) slow pushups as a warm up never really bothered to see how many i could do total

Banned

In one set I can manage about 75 or so... without rushing

people who go for amount are most often going fast and more often than not sacrificing form for number

by going fast ur using momentum more-so than strength, which really means shit all
    by sacrificing form...well ur sacrificing form...which means u really arent even doing a pushup anymore

back when i did sports in high school i did about 40 proper(back perfectly straight, hands at proper position, going down to a proper level, etc) slow pushups as a warm up never really bothered to see how many i could do total[/b]
    I can do about 50 proper pushups and by then ill be shaking

Banned

some of us actually exercise and work out.[/b]
    not saying i dont train, just saying i would be amazingly surprised if someone could do 105 perfect up and downs in 1 time witout dropping once or stopping...

just my opinion

cock push ups ?

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

uhh 20-50.

im a weak skinny chink.

rawr.[/b]
    i feel your pain bro

If I can do more than 15 then I increase the weights on my back. Kinda stupid to do loads. Army people do it because it's a cheap and simple basic test of strength and fitness however it is pointless to do such high reps since it becomes an aerobic exercise of which there are much better alternatives, and it encourages bad form.

If you actually want to get something out of pressups then try to increase the weight, increase the incline angle, move your hands lower, go slower, pause at the bottom of the motion, use one arm, bounce in the air etc. If you can do more than 20 then you are making them too easy for yourself and not working with enough intensity.

If I can do more than 15 then I increase the weights on my back. Kinda stupid to do loads. Army people do it because it's a cheap and simple basic test of strength and fitness however it is pointless to do such high reps since it becomes an aerobic exercise of which there are much better alternatives, and it encourages bad form.

If you actually want to get something out of pressups then try to increase the weight, increase the incline angle, move your hands lower, go slower, pause at the bottom of the motion, use one arm, bounce in the air etc. If you can do more than 20 then you are making them too easy for yourself and not working with enough intensity.[/b]
    It's usually like that, if you can do over 90 seconds (9 repeatings an exercise, 4-2-4 [4 seconds go down, 2 seconds pause at the buttom, 4 seconds go up]) you should increase the difficulty.
    Applies to pretty much everything you do in workout.

Did it a year and in the end you can see the difference. And the difference to before is really big.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

25-35 is most i ever got

If you actually want to get something out of pressups then try to increase the weight, increase the incline angle, move your hands lower, go slower, pause at the bottom of the motion, use one arm, bounce in the air etc. If you can do more than 20 then you are making them too easy for yourself and not working with enough intensity.[/b]

aerobic exercise of which there are much better alternatives, and it encourages bad form.

Ur kidding right?...There is nothing wrong with aerobic (as in slow jogging/walking etcc..), body builders would decrease their effects of body mass increase capablities since aerobic usual decreases ur body mass. + u r always aerobic when doing push ups slowly

But for who is looking to have endurance coupled with strenght, aerobic is important. I used to train athletics, and best way to get FIT/STRONGER and not MUSCLED UP is to make circuit training. High Intensity work (few reps low weight but fast) with short breaks...ofc you gotta get ur technique right first, you dnt want to get injured

Ofc doing this would be in Anaerobic mode, you probably stop doing push ups and ur breathing fast, the idea is to force ur body to an anaerobic state so it increases ur aerobic threshold and at the same time ur getting pumped up i.e. strenght wise

To muscle up, do like Zero said, maybe do sets of 20,10,8,6 with increasing weight/incline would be good and make sure you feel the burn!

thats my 2cents

It's usually like that, if you can do over 90 seconds (9 repeatings an exercise, 4-2-4 [4 seconds go down, 2 seconds pause at the buttom, 4 seconds go up]) you should increase the difficulty.
    Applies to pretty much everything you do in workout.

Did it a year and in the end you can see the difference. And the difference to before is really big.[/b]
    So why did you write 400+ pushups? Doing that many means you are going fast which means you are using momentum + bad form.

Banned

So why did you write 400+ pushups? Doing that many means you are going fast which means you are using momentum + bad form.[/b]
    Its was sarcasm :P

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast