Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

How to mute a retard spamming my mailbox ? :S

This is a discussion on How to mute a retard spamming my mailbox ? :S within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; My answer to this is, why do you need to believe in a religion? You can't simply brush it off ...
Page: 15

mason_cro

My answer to this is, why do you need to believe in a religion? You can't simply brush it off as an irrational emotion because rational thought can be applied to live without it.
    Sure you can. You and Zero have a problem with perspective, as I said before - you can't or won't even try to see the other side of the medal, not because you cannot, but because you refuse to do so.
    Let me ask you, since you are such a democrat, why SHOULD I reject my religion? Because you think it can be judged rationally? I think it can't be judged rationally, and you didn't succeed in proving me wrong. You have to understand, religion and faith are SUBJECTIVE topics and you can't boss people into ignoring it, they aren't some thesis you can justify or dispute with proof. The only proof is inside our heads.

Quite how someone can decide that some parts of a divine text are worth following and some are a waste of time is hilarious. They are just clueless. At least fundamentalists stick to their book to the letter, as stupid as the book may be.
    Friend...this here is the peek of ignorancy in this topic. Here you are, supporting "rational thought" and using your intellect, and then you say - hey, take what the Holy books and don't think about it - be a "drone". Or don't take it. A bit black and white, like Eric said, don't you think? This is probably my favourite Latin proverb - Aurea mediocritas - The golden middle. You shouldn't push too much on either side, or you'll lose balance and become just like the other guy, only with a different prefix.
    Zero, the Bible is a divine book, but it was written by humans inspired by God himself in a land far far away, in a time period long,long ago, and as I said, it was re-written and God knows what else has been done to it. THAT is why you MUST read it with caution and scepticism as if it were some scientific thesis, BUT you can't judge it with scientific criteria because it isn't science. This may seem weird or contradictory, but this is the "grey" way - not black or white. The Bible uses some ( not all ) imaginary stories to prove a point or emphasize something, and in every story there is something to be learned, but it's not always so obvious, that's why you have to THINK about it and not take every word to be an undisputed fact.

Edit : I agree with Futile, and I think I've said it before - these extremists you keep talking about only use their religion as a deception, a mask to hide their true intentions, which are political. NOT religious. So you should exterminate politics, but unfortunately u can't do that either.

End this stupid arguement for arguements sake I WROTE THE BIBLE

mason_cro

Compared to other arguments here, this one is far from stupid...Why shut down the only "intelligent" topic around?

im not shuttin it down just bored

FatM4n

So this arguements is about wheter religion has proof it's exist or not?
    Or did it take another turn when I left it?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415