Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

this is a hypothetical question

This is a discussion on this is a hypothetical question within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; ok, me and my sister got to arguing the other night over something. It was the AIDS epidemic in Africa, ...
Page: 1

Banned

ok, me and my sister got to arguing the other night over something. It was the AIDS epidemic in Africa, and she was yelling at me cause I told her that in order for there to be a sufficient amount of people that exist in a colony, it can not be overcrowded, because if it is, there is not enough food for everyone and they start to die off. So I told her this, than she said well why cant they just give them food shipments. What good will food shipments do if those people rely on it and stop finding their own way to get other means of food? they will multiply and end up actually dying off even faster than before, now they that depend on the food supply. We can not keep increasing their food shipments because it will end up just having to get increased each month. Some people need to die in order for others to survive. She said to me "thats horrible, why could you say such a thing." well I mean its true, and its human nature to actually help other people. I am not a person that believes in WHITE POWER or any of that shit, if it was happening over here in America, I would believe the same way, that we can not increase food supplements because once those people become dependent on it, its hard for them to figure out where to get food. PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A POLITICAL DEBATE! IF IT IS ILL ASK SOMEONE TO CLOSE IT!

"Ok, ashley, here it is. If you have got a little boy you just met, and he is very nice and all that nice shit, you see him swimming inside a pond. All of a sudden he is attacked by some form of animal you have never seen before. You have seen that animal on the television and they did a documentary that it is the last species of its kind, no one could find it until you just saw it. The animal itself can cure cancer, aids, autism, many special diseases. Now, the little boy is going to die if you dont save him, but the animal could help alot of other peoples diseases, and they need it alive in order to do so. So what do you do? Save the little boy and kill the animal so that people can not be cured with what they have, or do you let it kill the people boy you just met and help those people with diseases."

I actually want you to think about this for a second.

medical sciences may still find a cure for aids, cancer etc....

...... but they will never be able to cure being eaten by a seamonster!!!!!!

save the boy and donate money to cancer research charities, thats my answer

Catch a man a fish he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish he eats for eternity.

Aba

nice analogy :P

Catch a man a fish he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish he eats for eternity.[/b]
    Unless he drowns.. h34r:

Catch a man a fish he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish he eats for eternity.[/b]

nice analogy :P[/b]
    clix stole that from a fucking oxfam advert :lol:

shame on you clix........ stealing from a charity!!!!!!!

if that boy wasnt able to defend himself from that animal, why could u?
    if u would say that theres a child that can cure cancer and stuff like that if he dies, then i would say not to kill him, but in that case i think its better to let the child die coz not like u pushed him or anything, its his fault :s

clix stole that from a fucking oxfam advert :lol:

shame on you clix........ stealing from a charity!!!!!!![/b]
    ive actually never seen that add, i stole it from the inspire yourself wall at work :P
    and its Clixs tyvm

and for the question, i would dive in and try to help the kid, even if i died the life of a child and millions of other people ( as long as they didnt shoot it after) is well worth the sacrifice.

another quote for you :P

The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.

DragonFire

Chances are that if the boy is getting fuck up by that monster, You will too...

let the boy die, call some science place to capture this animal (or call 911 :X), you'll be rich and famous for discovering a animal that cures cancer, and other diseases.

Ki1laH

Let the boy die, cover it up by telling people he was mugged and killed by a street gang in which they eat the remainder of the body to get rid of any evidence, including the bones...they are hardcore.

Then hide the animal in a large underground pool, charging a LOT of money for people to come and get cured, choosing greed over helping people.

Not really, but it was a silly question. The question is kind of saying "So what if we lose a few lives to save millions" Which is lame, sorry.

BoShkE

lol

Roberto

lol wtf

Banned

Let the boy die, cover it up by telling people he was mugged and killed by a street gang in which they eat the remainder of the body to get rid of any evidence, including the bones...they are hardcore.

Then hide the animal in a large underground pool, charging a LOT of money for people to come and get cured, choosing greed over helping people.

Not really, but it was a silly question. The question is kind of saying "So what if we lose a few lives to save millions" Which is lame, sorry.[/b]
    so, what is your real answer to the question?

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

so, what is your real answer to the question?[/b]
    prolly the same as mine.

I don't have any.

i honestly do not know how i would react in a situation like that, neither does anyone else..
    i couldnt let another human being just die, but under that circumstances, meaning giving one life to save a million?
    seems worth it, but i personally couldnt live with a clear conscience knowing i left another human to die.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast