Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i found felix

This is a discussion on i found felix within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally posted by TunaFishyMe i dont think the hairs on the cat would do that much to slow down the ...
Page: 2

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    i dont think the hairs on the cat would do that much to slow down the velocity of the fall lol. *That minimal. *It probably has to do with the bone structure of the cat, how their bones are softer and easier to move. *the way the cat is design probably cushions his landing. *im just speculating, cut the hair on the cat seems a bit ridiculous
    Fish got it right...it's because cat's bonestructure is "flexible" and bones and muscles are kinda developed to work like string. You also see how cat uses same position than flying squirrel when it jumps...this slows landing speed a bit, and when land comes near cat fast changes his position...hmm cannot explain in english well...but imagine string before it is squished and u get the best pic maybe.

Ps and defenately that is Felix, always escapeing from humans when they are sure NOW WE GOT HIM! :lol:

kennyburger

weirder thing about it is if it is dropped higher it has a better chance of getting less hurt means 50 stories up gets less hurt than 10 stories

DragonFire

Originally posted by kennyburger
    weirder thing about it is if it is dropped higher it has a better chance of getting less hurt means 50 stories up gets less hurt than 10 stories
    so if i dropped at cat from an airplanes 10 miles in the air....he will walk out of that a better cat? maybe even gain some lives....correct?

Originally posted by Dragonfire333+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfire333)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-kennyburger
    so if i dropped at cat from an airplanes 10 miles in the air....he will walk out of that a better cat? maybe even gain some lives....correct?[/b]
    hahah funny

kennyburger

dunno im not gonna fly a cat and drop him 10 miles to see if he would survive you try

its a combination of both. The profile of a falling cat creates a lot more drag than say a falling human due to their shape. The terminal velocity of a cat is something like 70-80mph whereas a human's is around 130mph. Also cats are a lot more flexible and the energy of impact can be absorbed by the bones and joints without breaking them, whereas humans have a more brittle skeleton.

omfg :huh:

Phosgene

my friend's cat fell from the 7th floor on solid conrete and came out with minor scratches...cats have the amazing ability to flip themselves while being in air by body moves...amazing

my cat gets screwed up just from jumping off the fridge <_<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12