Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I HATE PERSONAL STATEMENTS

This is a discussion on I HATE PERSONAL STATEMENTS within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; University >> High School You think you know a lot now? High School is child's play. Then you go into ...
Page: 2

redbluegreen44

University >> High School
    You think you know a lot now? High School is child's play. Then you go into University and you learned stuff you never knew before. And then guess what? Undergrad is child's play as well. Then you go into a PhD and then you realize that you dont really know anything at all.
    Personal Statements are gay. No one really looks at them unless you dont have the marks. Unless of course you apply to State Universities who are so anal about everything. They charge you like a billion dollars a year and thats it.[/b]
    +1
    RiseAgainst, you rather party all your life then go to University. High School pisses me off because thats what soo many kids in high school think: all about partying. and it really distracts you, but when in University everyone is serious and not idiots. School is not suppose to be a fun place, its a place to determine your future. Seriously if you dont go to college you will regret it in 10 years.

Spl1nt3R

Lutz will you be my middle person to transfer some items from Ronark to Dies? I put up a post already under the request for trade moderator but seems like none of the moderators is replying and i've also left you a message i dont know if you got it or not.

TunaFishyMe

University is about Play hard, Study Hard. You meet 100s more people who are more mature. There are really not that many idiots in University. Well, there are, but you can easily separate yourself from them. Do you really think all university students study 24/7. not a chance. We still party and hang out but its to a higher level than in high school. After going two years in university, when i see a high school student, I see them more like a child. Like how when I was in grade 12, i see a grade 9 as a kid. Now im entering 3rd year, I see a grade 12 like a kid.
    Yes, you have to get good grades. But it doesnt mean your life is reduced to nothing. Perseonally, i feel like your life has increased.

university is just about working hard, and not about intelligence. Lie on your statement about how awesome you are and how much charity you do, and then act like a geek in the interview and its easy. Depends on the course though, unless you are doing a science/engineering/maths, you can party every night and get a degree.

TunaFishyMe

lol thats very true. I'm in Elec Eng, so I have to be working 24/7 if I want really good grades. There are always time to party and have fun but if you party with like someone who "just wants a degree" youll definitely fail out of the program. University is all about hard work. You can be a genius, but on the exam, if you didn't study for it, youll still fail. Seriously though lutz, they don't care about personal statements if you marks are good enough. Do you really think they check up on what everyone writes to make sure its true? But if you are only doing personal statement for entrance then dont waste too much time on it. But if you do personal statement for scholarships, dont bs cuz if you do win, they do check.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

university is just about working hard, and not about intelligence. Lie on your statement about how awesome you are and how much charity you do, and then act like a geek in the interview and its easy. Depends on the course though, unless you are doing a science/engineering/maths, you can party every night and get a degree.[/b]
    Fuck, Computer Science = ALL THREE.

Cocaine

Thats why you need to start selling crack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12