Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm doing a Debate

This is a discussion on I'm doing a Debate within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Okay, so I am doing a debate in speech class Topic is Positives of Violent Video Games I need help ...
Page: 1

AphRaeL

Okay, so I am doing a debate in speech class

Topic is Positives of Violent Video Games

I need help finding information on this topic, so far I have some info but not enough, this is a 2v2 debate, so I will have help presenting it

I need reasons why they shouldn't be banned

TY for all the help I get babas

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Video violance has nothing to do with actual violence. If you're not capable of understanding that such acts, such as cutting others the head or even wee wee's off (*stares at dro*) should not be done outside of the game, should be executed imo.

kookookachoo

Does it have to be the positives of violence, or video games in general? The main thing I concentrate on is trying to disprove the statements of the opposite debaters, since there are many more "bad reasons" than good. Think of what you would say to prove that video games are bad, then come up with a way to counter it.

Schrotti is mostly right, there have been many studies about violent video game play, and a constant has been that people do tend to have increased tendencies toward anger/violence, after a longer session of violent game play. But if you look closely at all the cases where people said videogames was the main reason, they only make up a very very small percentage. And of the people who use this excuse, a majority of these people had no business playing the game in the first place, whether it was because of mental illness or they were just too young.

TunaFishyMe

see, for people who are intelligent like myself, a violent video game would not affect me at all. however, for the average american, i would not put my money on it.

Birotx

see, for people who are intelligent like myself, a violent video game would not affect me at all. however, for the average american, i would not put my money on it.[/b]
    whatever....

TunaFishyMe

i guess you must be an average american.

i agree with tuna , if your stupid enough to think that hi jacking cars and killing people is alright because its in a video game then you are fucked up.

and seriously why ban them? if you don't like them just don't play them.

kookookachoo

i agree with tuna , if your stupid enough to think that hi jacking cars and killing people is alright because its in a video game then you are fucked up.

and seriously why ban them? if you don't like them just don't play them.[/b]
    What about a 6-10 year old boy who his parents let him play violent games, or plays a violent game at his friends house? Do you think hes mature enough to realize that when he picks up a gun, something bad can really happen? When he pulls that trigger, the person he was aiming at will never come back? Or how about a teen/adult with a borderline psychological disorder. How do you know that the actions in game wont push him over the edge? If he cant tell the difference between reality and fantasy, how can he begin to distinguish right from wrong?

Stop being ignorant and saying just because you imagine yourself thinking that way, doesn't mean everybody has that same mind set. I agree that MOST people are not heavily influenced by violence play of games, but there are some people who are affected by them, either by choice or not.

Banned

see, for people who are intelligent like myself, a violent video game would not affect me at all. however, for the average american, i would not put my money on it.[/b]
    If that were the case you would see it repeatedly happening day to day. Yes there are killings and car jacks all the time but 98% of them are not related to videogames.

sexyrexy

What about a 6-10 year old boy who his parents let him play violent games, or plays a violent game at his friends house? Do you think hes mature enough to realize that when he picks up a gun, something bad can really happen? When he pulls that trigger, the person he was aiming at will never come back? Or how about a teen/adult with a borderline psychological disorder. How do you know that the actions in game wont push him over the edge? If he cant tell the difference between reality and fantasy, how can he begin to distinguish right from wrong?

Stop being ignorant and saying just because you imagine yourself thinking that way, doesn't mean everybody has that same mind set. I agree that MOST people are not heavily influenced by violence play of games, but there are some people who are affected by them, either by choice or not.[/b]
    the game is rated M for a reason not PG. If the kid grows up to be a mass murderer its on the crappy ass parents. NOT the video game

kookookachoo

the game is rated M for a reason not PG. If the kid grows up to be a mass murderer its on the crappy ass parents. NOT the video game[/b]
    Completely agree, video games and excessive play are usually brought up in bad situations. When something happens, school shooting or whatnot, parents always push for fast action and responses, so they attack the game industry. They neglect the fact that the kid shooting was bullied and picked on at school, or grew up in poverty, or had parents who constantly put them down and beat them. Things such as poverty and child abuse are too big to go after, so they go after something smaller with possibly quicker results, such as gaming. All it is is a scapegoat.

My opinion to this is;
    It's based on the person that plays a game with violence and it's not the game.
    For me as example, i can kill over 500 human in gta4 without wasting even a second about the reality or how real it looks, i just try to kill for "fun" and try to shoot over 300 bullets in one mans head.
    I don't get in surreal phantasy.

But, if someone had a bad childhood. When that kid got beat for no reason from bullys etc, COULD get in an other "world" and can not see the difference between unreal, fun and reality. They make a rampage.
    I remember one guy in germany rushed in his school and killed a lot of people and the german politicians got sooo mad that they wanted to forbid the "killergames" just because that guy played Counter strike. I mean hello? So many people play that game and why there's like 1 killer?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

unless u plan to say in ur debate "according to camaz0tz from ko4life..." i will NOT support ur blatant attempt to plagerize the members of ko4life!

unless u plan to say in ur debate "according to camaz0tz from ko4life..." i will NOT support ur blatant attempt to plagerize the members of ko4life![/b]
    lol.i loled good on the bolded part

depends on whose playing not wat the game is rated or how much violence is in the game.

Birotx

unless u plan to say in ur debate "according to camaz0tz from ko4life..." i will NOT support ur blatant attempt to plagerize the members of ko4life![/b]

LOL THAT SHIT MADE ME LAUGH

imagine him saying that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast