I want to turn my laptop into a gaming system

This is a discussion on I want to turn my laptop into a gaming system within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; So I found a bunch of emulators. I have the ISOs of a couple games I want to try out. ...
Page: 1

TunaFishyMe

So I found a bunch of emulators. I have the ISOs of a couple games I want to try out. Does anyone know what sort of hardware I need so that I can connect PS controllers to my laptop. Will the emulator be able to recognize it or do I need some special controller?

Also, what do I need so that I can hook it up to my TV??
    Thanks

Also...does anyone know what I need to do for Chankast (DreamCast) Emulator? I have the bios but what am I suppose to do with it? Just put it in the same folder?

Thanks again

Banned

Wired xbox 360 controllers can connect to your USB ports and windows will download drivers for it from windows update. Easier than faffin around with a PS controller converter

ur better off jus buying some pc controllers will work the same and are just like ps controlers

wat i recommend to u is to just avoid emulators in general i understand u probly want emulators cuz there free but u can dl most pc games just the same and there for the most part the same as console games

we hook up my laptop or my freinds laptop to his 50 inch plasma and play nhl 2k6 (cuz 2k7 blows ass) n soccer shit like that the controlers work great where as if u tried hooking a ps controller to a pc iunno if its even possible but even then it would be buggy still with setting controls

if u have xbox 360 the controlers they hook right into any pc work great but the controlers we use are only like 30 bucks at best buy u can get wireless too if u want for like 50 or some they look just like ps2 controlers

So I found a bunch of emulators. I have the ISOs of a couple games I want to try out. Does anyone know what sort of hardware I need so that I can connect PS controllers to my laptop. Will the emulator be able to recognize it or do I need some special controller?[/b]
    There is a converter you'd have to buy in order to do that. Cost about $10-20 I believe. As for the emulator, I have no idea. You might have to download a driver before it will.

Also, what do I need so that I can hook it up to my TV??
    Thanks[/b]
    Look at your video card on the side of your laptop. You'll have to look there to see if its possible. Also, if it was, the company you bought your laptop from should have sent the cable necessary. It is basically a composite video cable on one end and... well I don't know what the other end is actually called lol, but it would fit into one of the jacks in your video card slot. Sorry, wasn't much help there

Also...does anyone know what I need to do for Chankast (DreamCast) Emulator? I have the bios but what am I suppose to do with it? Just put it in the same folder?[/b]
    If its like any of the other emulators, there should be a Bios folder in there, just drop them in there. If theres not, then either make one, or just drop it in the same folder and see what happens. If niether of those work let me know and I'll think up something else lol.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/114167/-/P...;searchsource=0

though you'll have to find an american company selling them :P