Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ike

This is a discussion on Ike within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Hurricane Ike is about to ass fuck Houston, really badly. I prolly won't be online at all for quite some ...
Page: 1

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Hurricane Ike is about to ass fuck Houston, really badly. I prolly won&#39;t be online at all for quite some time, my house might not be there when I get back home, or my neighborhood for that matter >_< Only got a few days left here in Colorado, and I won&#39;t be able to get access to a comp due to a work overload. Few places in Louisiana out of power AGAIN, so vandy will prolly be gone for a while too D: for those of you who haven&#39;t watched the news, residents of Galveston who are staying to wait out the storm are being asked to put their SSN on their arms so that when/if they die, they can be identified, and it&#39;s not some joke either, they are being told by officials that they face Certain Death by staying behind. It&#39;s also projected that 125k+ homes will be destroyed and over 81 billion dollars in damage in the Greater Houston Area from Ike. Another problem is that if Ike goes up the Houston ship channel, which is what they expect it to, it will fuck about 1/4th of oil refining in the US, and prices are expected to double or even triple after the hurricane. Good luck to all my family and friends still in Houston, and everyone else there, hope you&#39;re all still there when I get home >_<

Banned Senior Member

mmm... Living in Canada is just oh so great

Banned

Good luck to you, your mates and your family. You have all my support

Hope you&#39;ll get through it

yIKEs!!

hurricanes are afraid to come to ny. they know we don&#39;t play that shit around here. werd.

Hurricanes come to NY about once a century, and when the next one comes, the winds will be forced through narrow passages inbetween the skyscrapers, making them come faster, NY would get REALLY fucked by a hurricane due to it&#39;s urban sprawl.

quick edit: ty cyanex, I really appreciate it D:

Banned

There are places near me that do not have power due to shity electrical powerlines ect. I am fine though, I been experiancing gust of maybe 40 or so MPH and sustained wind of about 15-20 MPH all day today off and on showers. My school was canceled today (which sucks)

I&#39;ma go watch the news...see if anything changes. Might be on later tonight or tomorrow morning, but prolly not afterwards, lot of guests checking in at this hotel, and lotsa work to do since we took today off due to bad weather D: GL to all and cya later (hopefully)

Banned

glad that just missed me here in Florida. Good luck to you bro and your family and friends.

Banned

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9...lite_large.html

What i am getting hit with, don&#39;t feel like uploading this pic. You can also see other pictures by scrolling down under the picture.

Banned

Jesus christ, I actually feel like I want to help, but no one can.This is ridiculous. Hope everything goes alright Andrew, the world will fuck up if the oil systems are taken out.

mmm... Living in Canada is just oh so great[/b]
    lol yea no kidding

Jesus christ, I actually feel like I want to help, but no one can.This is ridiculous. Hope everything goes alright Andrew, the world will fuck up if the oil systems are taken out.[/b]
    Ty Mike, looks like nothing has changed over the past few hours, or will change. There are places beyond Houston getting the winds of this hurricane at about 25 mph, and it hasn&#39;t even made landfall yet h34r: I&#39;ll be ok here, but there are a lot of people who won&#39;t be =/ Galveston = Certain Death. wanna reiterate that cuz I don&#39;t think people understand that, 25,000 people staying there, prolly gonna die. As for the oil situation, Houston controls 14% of America&#39;s oil refining, and 19% of the American Refining capacity is shut down atm, and no one knows for how long.

EpsaNomaly

Ty Mike, looks like nothing has changed over the past few hours, or will change. There are places beyond Houston getting the winds of this hurricane at about 25 mph, and it hasn&#39;t even made landfall yet h34r: I&#39;ll be ok here, but there are a lot of people who won&#39;t be =/ Galveston = Certain Death. wanna reiterate that cuz I don&#39;t think people understand that, 25,000 people staying there, prolly gonna die. As for the oil situation, Houston controls 14% of America&#39;s oil refining, and 19% of the American Refining capacity is shut down atm, and no one knows for how long.[/b]
    galveston has a lot of really old residents, especially the ones that are extremely stubborn and all that. i hope it doesnt turn out like it did in 1900 for galveston

although, if my house in galveston gets torn down, hoorah for insurance!! :P

but yeah, i&#39;m really worried about my family back at home... my family e-mailed me that they won&#39;t be able to talk to me for a while because they left for a hotel they found with a generator somewhere

all my friends keep making scary facebook statuses though so im a little worried :unsure:

Looks like the media exaggerated everything again, but then again, it&#39;s not quite over. Doesn&#39;t seem like too many houses are gone. Hope mine isn&#39;t. Also haven&#39;t heard anything about a death toll yet.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Media always make it sound worse then it is. It how they make monies and get viewers =P

Hope everything goes ok.

And will, UK > Canada. Its true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast