Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

An intelligent topic

This is a discussion on An intelligent topic within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; *taken from suave clan forums* It is always a good discussion and i want some opinions. Mkay, so one thing ...
Page: 1

Thumbs down

*taken from suave clan forums* It is always a good discussion and i want some opinions.

Mkay, so one thing that bugs the fuck out of me is religion, and a convo i had with ZY recently sparked me to make this topic.

I want to know why people are always killing each other for the most idiotic reasons. Religion? Do you really fucking believe that your god is the right one? that every other of the thousands of religions are "wrong" and that YOU will be "saved" Do you really have the fucking nerve to kill people in the name of a "god".

Do you really fucking think that an all knowing all powerful maker would want us to kill each other? Are you that fucking ignorant and naive?

If there really were an omnipotent being looking down upon us, do you really think he would need us to kneel before him to prove to himself how wonderful he is? Those are human frailities. A real god would be above that. The thing that being would despise the most about our world is religion. If he needs to be worshiped, he's no god of mine.

But I have to admit to you that, even though it doesn't necessarily make logical sense, I can sometimes feel that there are forces in the world beyond my comprehension. And sometimes I even feel as though they are guiding me. I wouldn't call them/it "god." They are simply things I can't understand. All but four percent of the universe is made up of matter/energy that we cannot identify with our senses. The only way we know it is there is because it reacts with the matter we see and feel on a gravitational level - and no other. Is this god? Hardly. But it leaves the door open to so much more that we can't begin to describe. All the major religions arose around the same time as the Roman Empire collapsed. People needed something to legitimize their governments - so they created religions and deemed that their kings received their authority from god. It's too bad that, two thousand years later, we still can't escape the barriers they created by this approach. Keep an open-but-reasonable mind, but please, do not be a slave.

I'll let this stay open, but here is the first and last warning for the entire thread: Keep it clean. No need to directly insult someone because of their beliefs.

Thanks bud

kennyburger

i'm athiest, i don't beleive in any "gods" but i don't beleive that monkey evolution bs

some people were born and raised to believe in religion so they really have no choice. imo, religions were made by people to make the world a more well mannered place. religion has plenty of ways to make ppl feel guilty before they even think of doing anything bad. i myself am a atheist but my parents and grandparents believe in religion a lot so i dont tell them i am cause they'll end up thinking the devil infected my mind XD. but i respect any1's religion because i dont wanna question their beliefs because if i question them then they'll question me and i dont wanna get into that. also if i question them then that'll give them something more to think about and can damage a persons vision towards the world. D:

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Killing in the name of God. I belive almost any person here have no idea how strong the force really is. I think everyone know about suicide terrorists. Their belifes, how they were raised, how low education and how donnish they are make them do these things. Its also smth like "social wounded animal", everything they see around tham makes them feel (while getting amplified by religious and other leaders) that they are somehow cornerd (Iraq occupation) and in order to save their "world" (and also to redeem) they tie a bomb belt around them and jump into store.

Actually ppl who find this funny are idiots or kids. Those terrorists aint some retards with papas old TNT. In some way i admire them, but only their will not the stupidity that makes them do this.

I also admire ppl who relize how deep religion is. For example, dumb american families who "god god god" everything all the time and when smth go bad in their life they blame god. These ppl are mindless children.

Few years ago in a science camp there was a theologian who told us about metal. It was incredible how that man approach to metal through religion. He got all the respect and admiration from me there is.

Banned

How they are raised. That fact right there can prove that no one religion is right. I live in the middle of the bible belt in America, and not believing in christianity can cause a lot of problems around here. I'm not sure about other religions as I have never been a part of them, but I know that christianity is a complete joke these days. Now it's about how much money you have, the car you drive, what you wear, and who your parents are. Which is why I stopped having anything to do with them. You can't possibly think that one single religion is correct over all others, because everyone is raised differently depending on where you live. IMO all religions are bogus and just a way to make people conform. I would rather live my life in a way that makes ME happy, not worrying if it makes everyone else from a religion happy.

i'm athiest, i don't beleive in any "gods" but i don't beleive that monkey evolution bs[/b]
    same except i believe in evolution (sorta)

i respect all religions although i might disagree with some of their ways
    but its all cool to me

Aba

I've always hated religon

ever since my mom told me about santa clause and the easter bunny I've "known" it was bullshit.

quoted so as not to offend believers.

When I saw the topic name I was about to post that there doesn't exist such a thing on ko4life but then I read it and I'll admit, it was put in a nice way.

Me, I believe in god, I don't live my life the way the Quran says I should but I do believe god exists. I don't understand how ppl think their religion is better then others or should be the only religion, it's everones free will to believe what they want, just because they don't believe the same thing I do doesn't mean their beliefs are wrong. If it makes you feel better and happy then believe whatever you want

Phosgene

i was born jew , did bar mizva etc but i dont believe in god...lets just say im more a man of solid science than spirituality .
    just look around : 2 things cause pain in this world : money and religion . one of which u cant live without...so yea make your money .

btw about your last paragraph : of course there are forces beyond our comprehension . how can a 4kg steel ball destroy a city ?!

LithiumBunny12

in my opinion religions were created to make all the bad in the world to seem like theres something good and i dont honestly know how the earth was created nor do i care but thats my opinion i could go much deeper but thats what it all boils down to in a sentance

No good can ever come of irrational belief. However saying that, I believe no religions should be banned, and neither should any cults no matter how extreme or violent. You can't defeat anything with censorship. Information is the enemy of religion, the more people are educated about the true nature of the religion, the less will believe it. Religion will eventually die out in a couple of centuries once standards of education rise to a sufficient level across the world population. The main problem is that so few people have learned critical thinking, and outside Europe, countries have so much religious interference in schools and the media. It is no coincidence that regions of highest science education have the lowest church attendance.

The root of all evil documentary

I recommend this documentary for people who are new to this discussion, richard dawkins puts forward the atheist argument better than anyone. Additionally, I recommend the works of Carl Sagan (famous scientist and writer), Douglas Adams (writer) and anything by Dr Ali Sina (ex-muslim professor trying to educate muslims).

wrong forum dude... u should take it to where most islams can see it :P

LithiumBunny12

wrong forum dude... u should take it to where most islams can see it :P[/b]
    okay go do that and we can see whos head gets chopped off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast