Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

to jailbreak or not to jailbreak

This is a discussion on to jailbreak or not to jailbreak within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i would also listen to Dro when i comes to cutting lawns. He comes from a long line of highly ...
Page: 2

TunaFishyMe

i would also listen to Dro when i comes to cutting lawns. He comes from a long line of highly skilled lawn cutter who try their best to give your lawn the most perfect cut. Preventing Dro from cutting lawns is like castrating a horny beagal. Its just inhumane.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

... How come is that related to the topic in hand? :mellow: I'm not denying it tho, I do a hell of a bush trim job... If you know what I mean *wink wink*

Seekor

... How come is that related to the topic in hand? :mellow: I'm not denying it tho, I do a hell of a bush trim job... If you know what I mean *wink wink*[/b]
    man bush ofcourse

can you do this with the itouch as well?

lol i always thought the term was "unlocking" your phone.

most carriers lock their phones so that you can't customize it. They don't let you use mp3 as ring tones etc etc. Pretty much, i believe the point is that you have to pay for everything you want. So peple come out with cracks to unlock your phone so you and download software and stuff. Its a big race everytime a new phone comes out. Everyone wants to be the first person who crack it. For iphone 2G, some 14-16 year old kid broke it. He got a 350Z, 10 iphone and a job offer from some company. lol[/b]
    Dro says you're the guy that knows about phones...
    Unlocking and jailbreaking are two different things >_<

Unlocking means you can use the phone with any provider (so for Canada, you could the phone for Fido OR Rogers, not just the one you bought it from)
    Jailbreaking means "cracking" or "hacking" the software so that third party applications can be installed on your device.

Oh and if anyone needs help jailbreaking 2.1 software on iPhone 3G, let me know.
    I did mine right after it came out.

EDIT: Yes, you can do this to iPod Touch as well.

I have mine jailbroken. While it&#39;s true that it&#39;s not nearly as useful as it was in times past, I still prefer hacking anything I get, for nothing more than the entertainment value that I get. I get a certain thrill in breaking something, then somehow finding a way to fix it. And Cycorder is just leet. If only it could record sound, I would jailbreak for that application alone.

If anyone needs any help, I can point you in the direction of some very useful websites, however, due to it being illegal to jailbreak, they won&#39;t be posted here.

TunaFishyMe

Dro says you&#39;re the guy that knows about phones...
    Unlocking and jailbreaking are two different things >_<

Unlocking means you can use the phone with any provider (so for Canada, you could the phone for Fido OR Rogers, not just the one you bought it from)
    Jailbreaking means "cracking" or "hacking" the software so that third party applications can be installed on your device.

Oh and if anyone needs help jailbreaking 2.1 software on iPhone 3G, let me know.
    I did mine right after it came out.

EDIT: Yes, you can do this to iPod Touch as well.[/b]
    clearly dro is full of crap. I told him to come mow my lawn and he made fucking crop circles!!!

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

I wanted the aliens to know where to strike first...

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFishyMe View Post
    lol i always thought the term was "unlocking" your phone.

most carriers lock their phones so that you can't customize it. l

Most iphone come locked with network provider due to this it won't accept other network sim in it .To solve this you must unlock it to all network .There are many way to unlock network provider lock in mobile .jailbreaking and unlocking an iphone is born together steps for iphone. once you jailbreak your iphone you need to unlock it. jailbreaking your iphone can be done only through your current software version which your phone has. it may be of redsnow/cydia/yellowsnow.. what ever it may be the following are the steps for jailbreaking. the same steps follows to other softwares too only thing is the software differs. after jailbreaking your phone you need to unlock it. you can unlock it using softwares or some other methods like using codes,cables etc..There are also remote unlocking method to unlock Iphone..This service is available at several commercial vendors online like http://www.mobile-unlocker.com

Therefore jailbreak remove the restriction Apple has made to not access any third party applications..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12