Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Joining the military? would you?

This is a discussion on Joining the military? would you? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; so im out of high school and want to go to college but don't really want to mess with bank ...
Page: 1

Default Joining the military? would you?

so im out of high school and want to go to college but don't really want to mess with bank loans. school is free while your in the military so i'm thinking why the hell not. it's just gonna be for a couple of years. i'm leaning towards air force, navy, and army.

hey wassup guys it's 2 years later, july of 2012 now and i want to tell u all i joined the navy. just got out of boot-camp 2 months ago and now starting my training for my job as an IT. i kind of regretted picking up an IT contract at first because i wanted something in the aviation's field, but soon realized it was a good choice. its been 2 months in school for me and next week when i pass my cert exams; 701/702 i can be worth 60k minimum.
    Last edited by IAM_GOD; 07-11-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Naw , Fighting a war that is completely illegal, each of the ones we are currently in is just not my cup of tea, especially not for the people making money off of it, IE the rich people and the private military contractor's. If you are however, I would recommend joining a PMC [Private military contractor] Only for the reason is, If your going to serve might as well do it and actually get a pay check :P. Who know's you might get lucky and get into the one PMC that is over their using 5 star hotel's and driving 40-50,000$ truck's. And the transport's their that cost 80,000$ they get a flat, they blow the fucking thing up since their getting paid for what they spend + More. So >:3 it's all good business :P.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryAkara View Post
    Naw , Fighting a war that is completely illegal, each of the ones we are currently in is just not my cup of tea, especially not for the people making money off of it, IE the rich people and the private military contractor's. If you are however, I would recommend joining a PMC [Private military contractor] Only for the reason is, If your going to serve might as well do it and actually get a pay check :P. Who know's you might get lucky and get into the one PMC that is over their using 5 star hotel's and driving 40-50,000$ truck's. And the transport's their that cost 80,000$ they get a flat, they blow the fucking thing up since their getting paid for what they spend + More. So >:3 it's all good business :P.
    so this pmc is it like weapons seller like ironman?

Quote Originally Posted by IAM_GOD View Post
    so this pmc is it like weapons seller like ironman?
    Private military company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are basically for-hire army's.

Banned

yes but considering the fact that alot of those private contractors do not even take people fresh out of highschool, getting into those organizations is just like putting up a resume for anything else. they dont just pull kids out of highschool to join that are still immature as hell, no offense. yeah, you make alot of money, but most of those guys are previous enlisted, who have seen plenty of deployments to afghanistan AND iraq, so, if you want to get treated like shit because you cant handle getting shot at, or dealing in that sort of nature, then by all means go for it. if i were you, and wanted to see action, marine corps infantry will easily break you in. you will hate life for 2 years, get treated like shit, tossed around, fucked with, and when you come home, your nothing.people do the same thing, they dont recognize you at all, your just another guy. if you join the airforce, you got a easy life, but if you want a challenge, and have the heart for it, marines i would say. army just fucking sucks all around, sorry but, they dont know anything about anything. they got all the money for it and dont utilize shit. the navy is a good branch though. its all on what you want to do man, but take that private contractor shit out of your head, even to GET INTO it, you have to have prior military experience, usually special forces just to get a screening, they earn that right to make that much. if you have any questions about any military experience, story, life, or just to shoot the shit let me know before you think about joining, 4 years is a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by undefined View Post
    yes but considering the fact that alot of those private contractors do not even take people fresh out of highschool, getting into those organizations is just like putting up a resume for anything else. they dont just pull kids out of highschool to join that are still immature as hell, no offense. yeah, you make alot of money, but most of those guys are previous enlisted, who have seen plenty of deployments to afghanistan AND iraq, so, if you want to get treated like shit because you cant handle getting shot at, or dealing in that sort of nature, then by all means go for it. if i were you, and wanted to see action, marine corps infantry will easily break you in. you will hate life for 2 years, get treated like shit, tossed around, fucked with, and when you come home, your nothing.people do the same thing, they dont recognize you at all, your just another guy. if you join the airforce, you got a easy life, but if you want a challenge, and have the heart for it, marines i would say. army just fucking sucks all around, sorry but, they dont know anything about anything. they got all the money for it and dont utilize shit. the navy is a good branch though. its all on what you want to do man, but take that private contractor shit out of your head, even to GET INTO it, you have to have prior military experience, usually special forces just to get a screening, they earn that right to make that much. if you have any questions about any military experience, story, life, or just to shoot the shit let me know before you think about joining, 4 years is a very long time.
    Yea that's what I meant though if he was going in you might as well stick into it and get good at what it is you do and later join up with a PMC

Cause let's face it, sooner or later PMC's are going to be the leading supply of troops :P.

Banned

Yea that's what I meant though if he was going in you might as well stick into it and get good at what it is you do and later join up with a PMC

Cause let's face it, sooner or later PMC's are going to be the leading supply of troops :P.
    i have to disagree, as they do not have a good command and control policy. although they operate pretty well, they may not be the best at different jobs that the military has to perform, marine recon, navy seals, air force para jumpers, green berets, STA platoons, they are good for "run and gun" missions, or PSD (personal security detail) working as attachments to a government official or what not. I would rather trust a guy in the military more than I would someone that is just doing this for the money, thats just my opinion. PMC's or contractors is what we call them, are kind of shitty. sorry, but i didnt want to break it to you. they roll out in those vehicles, and then they get ambushed, or worse, get hit by an IED, and completely slaughtered, but you never hear about them because they again, are mainly used for security type missions near major bases, or PSD for government officials like senators and shit like that because they have a good background to do so, and most of the guys that provide that security already have a top secret clearance because of their prior service, so, some other contracting companies are better than others, but ive worked with blackwater, triple canopy, and sabre, seals, SAS, royal british marines, and i forget which guard it is, some european country near france. but everyone has a different job that needs to be done, and no one special force, or contractor, is better than the other, they all have individual tasks that they need to perform, and they perform them quite well.

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

well if you do decide to join the air force and want to do something challenging then join the pararescue (PJs). But i don't think its for you since your just planning to be there for few years and the training has a drop rate of up to 90%. Like PJs, Combat control team (CCT) or tactical air control party (TACP) also require time and devotion. So that leaves you with limited options (in terms of not having it easy). since it is kind of hard to see what your looking for, I suggest you go talk to a local recruiter or one at the college your attending (if there is one).
    Last edited by assassinofthemist; 05-05-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by assassinofthemist View Post
    well if you do decide to join the air force and want to do something challenging then join the pararescue (PJs). But i don't think its for you since your just planning to be there for few years and the training has a drop rate of up to 90%. Like PJs, Combat control team (CCT) or tactical air control party (TACP) also require time and devotion. So that leaves you with limited options (in terms of not having it easy). since it is kind of hard to see what your looking for, I suggest you go talk to a local recruiter or one at the college your attending (if there is one).
    actually, to be honest, dont ever listen to a recruiter at all. if you want to know what you are getting into, talk to someone that is actually in that field of work, then decide what you want to do afterwards. all recruiters care about is getting their quota, and lie straight out of their teeth, of course they will tell you what you want to hear, they are fucking recruiters.

Quote Originally Posted by undefined View Post
    actually, to be honest, dont ever listen to a recruiter at all. if you want to know what you are getting into, talk to someone that is actually in that field of work, then decide what you want to do afterwards. all recruiters care about is getting their quota, and lie straight out of their teeth, of course they will tell you what you want to hear, they are fucking recruiters.
    +1 Their fucking snakes tbh.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

I'd say go for it mate XD

JLarsen

well, dont just do it because u dont wanna get loans and stuff, if ur gonna join it should be for the right reasons ofcourse u really wanting it

well im in military(army) and ima tell u first hand join the airforce its like 10x better, only thing i say is better is army/marines have infantry which airforce doesn't but really who wants to be infantry lol. Another + is airforce has tons of sexy chicks i know first hand cause in Afghanistan theres like tons of airforce chicks and us army dudes going crazy cause most our chicks are hideous( atleast where im at i have seen some sexy army chicks)

btw dont listen to any recruiters they will lie about common knowledge known to most military people

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by battle_mrs View Post
    well im in military(army) and ima tell u first hand join the airforce its like 10x better, only thing i say is better is army/marines have infantry which airforce doesn't but really who wants to be infantry lol. Another + is airforce has tons of sexy chicks i know first hand cause in Afghanistan theres like tons of airforce chicks and us army dudes going crazy cause most our chicks are hideous( atleast where im at i have seen some sexy army chicks)

btw dont listen to any recruiters they will lie about common knowledge known to most military people
    Most people that want a easy life go to the airforce, sorry but that is not even considered a branch to me. Its so chill over there its not even funny, how can you feel like your even in the military? And if you have the heart for the infantry, I would say go ahead and do it, I love it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast