Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Joining the military? would you?

This is a discussion on Joining the military? would you? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Yo just take out loans... its not that big of a deal, everyone starts out in debt. So long as ...
Page: 3

Yo just take out loans... its not that big of a deal, everyone starts out in debt.

So long as you aren't gonna drop out and get a degree and a job out of college you will be fine.

Ganadorph Senior Member

What about the USCG?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Electr1c View Post
    you ever heard of city colleges?
    i attend cuny> and they pay me 5k yearly to go to class with the tuition fees paid. so... i dont get why u would go join the navy or army or etc.... btw the american government is going to make u do stuff u do not want to do in war. Just so u kno the government does a lot of things in the dark many ilegal actions and u will be partcipating in them without even knoing it cuz u will be a dog of the military.

anyways my frined the other day got a job after graduatiing in comp enjineering that pays 60k yearly so.... i dunno up to u ..
    people who join the military are either stupid/easily manipulated and cannot think forthemselves/ or like fighting/ like preserving chstianity while having hatred towards other religions/ cannot think forthemselves cuz they are idiotic/ they have nothing better to do in life... which means u are a idiot born without a pupose... or you are following your parents becuase agains u cannot do actions forurself.
    your a complete and utter fucking moron to think that people that join the military can not think for themselves. I would like to see you have to keep accountability of an entire squad, trying to figure out how many rounds they have before even stepping foot out on patrol....having to learn all the different justifications of guard mount, how to employ your weapons system, and know how to operate another one if someone else's weapons system goes down. and also understanding the culture of the region you are in, while trying to decide weather to engage or not to, understanding different rules of engagement, also trying to figure out where and when your guys can get rest in between different ops. and if you start taking indirect fire from either mortars, or direct from from small arms and artillery, how will you counter it? have you seen the matrix for call for fire? they make it seem so easy in movies. do you know how to operate a prc 148 radio, prc 119, prc 117, prc 152, prc 153? i dont think so. do you know how to load crypto into a radio? do you know how to tactfully question someone without them giving them the wrong answers? do you know how to apply first aid to someone if they get shot in the back? what do you do if there is an exit wound? or if they start going into shock? what do you do if your clearing a house, and the first guy in the stack gets killed? what do you do when you lose comm with your FOB, and all you have available is a blue force tracker? seriously, that was such a one-sided statement, dont EVER say that people in the military are stupid, or they just do it for no other option. thats the most stupid thing i have ever heard. ever walk 18 miles with 100 pounds of gear on in 120 degree heat, at a 4 mph pace? apparently we are stupid, so only idiots can do it.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Get on msn, Josh! :<

lBiCl

ive thought about it often, however chose the college route after community college. Rather be in debt some and farther aong into my goals

I wanted to join to US army instead of being have to go to Turkish army one day. I called my mother and said mom I'll go to army here instead of going in Turkey, she replied "You MOTHER FUCKER"

Banned

Lightbulb Yea

go spend a while in there by the time your done the economy will be fixed by then, or you could stay in there and work for the government for the rest of your life making really decent coin, its all your decision really

No i would not, you can't get rich with military. ;O

When they send me letter to tryout for military i wrote that, as fast as I get a gun i start shoot ppl around me etc.. and was like, im like ingame! awp + dgl = dead terrorist

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Strappy View Post
    actually, you can, if you learn the value of a dollar, and go on a combat deployment, you bring in a great amount of money. i brought home 35k in just 5 months.

TheJunkie

Its not just like you go there for college and leave. Otherwise everyone would do it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunkie View Post
    Its not just like you go there for college and leave. Otherwise everyone would do it.
    all you need minimum for full GI bill coverage is 2 years minimum of active duty service, as far as I know the only 2 branches that offer that contract are the navy and the air force, maybe some jobs within the army, but I doubt it. If I were someone that just wanted to join the military for full GI bill coverage, I would go Navy and become a corpsman.

Banned

Not entirely true, I seen officers making more than $300k a year. Military provides over $2,000 for housing and $1200 for meals a month aside from your regular pay. Not to mention when traveling, per diem rates go as high as $275 a day, seriously? Think about the benefits, free insurance coverage (dental, optometry, health, etc) and college. Guaranteed car/home/personal loans with USAA, you cant' beat that. I'm basing this on my experience so far in the US Army who deployed 3 times. I made my $1Million easily within my 5 years. I'm sure anyone motivated / dedicated can achieve something I'd gone through as well.

1LT BASTIAN
    US ARMY
    SPECIAL FORCES
    82ND AIRBORNE

Quote Originally Posted by Strappy View Post

ImShort

After playing cod over and over i think the army would be fun xD

I would most deinately join Military
    fight for ur country!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast