Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Just Got an iphone

This is a discussion on Just Got an iphone within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; This is my new toy i only used Nokias before. What are the best aplications to add on and where ...
Page: 1

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

This is my new toy

i only used Nokias before.

What are the best aplications to add on and where do i get them from?

I adore this phone, it's perfect to have in the car and is just the right size and weight.

I want to be able to have msn on it. I managed to get my hotmail amails which is great but like to have some helpfull advice I can understand.

Banned

iHpone i thought it was a new phone until i guess u ment Iphone lol

Ipone ftw =[

Speed

ew iphones, they are a sucky phone for the price of a good phone haha

only good feature is the included ipod, oh and msn messenger is gonna be hard to get , meebo works good tho

PriestOfShadows

gogogo jailbreak it

Zaczaco11

i don't know any1 with the new 3g ones, the first iphone turned all my buddies off to it, im interested on you're review of it after u've had a good run with it

Banned

itunes store, there are a lot of free apps there.

If you want instant messengers install IM+Lite. It have AIM, MSN, and such you can choose from.

niggerjewnerdfgtdouche Senior Member TempesT's Avatar

Heres a few addons I love,

SMBPrefs - Allows you to design your iphone or get preloaded Button Icons.(IE Pokemon theme, Southpark theme, And [read:thousands] that people have made and uploaded.)

Apollo - Allows you to sign in on AIM, MSN and ICQ all at once or one at a time, and really easy to use.

TuneWiki - Finds and saves the lyrics to the song your listening to and scrolls it by on screen.(requires wifi/edge/3g.)

Converter - For all those times you needed to figure out the how many Miles per hour to Kilometers per hour! Cant live without it! From liquids to speed it converts everything!

weDict - A dictionary in the your pocket!

These are a few of the 26 addons I have worth mentioning, most of them are mini games/wallpaper(Pictures people upload worldwide/Flashlight(brighter then most flashlights)and much more!

Learn to love your iPhone, it is an amazing device that can do almost anything.

I would tell how you how to unlock it but, I'm pretty sure it wont work due to the fact that you have to [read:not] patch your iPhone via iTunes (I'm still on 1.5[and I'm loving it]) to unlock it. From the information I know iPhone 2nd Gen. comes with iTunes 2.0. So your best beat would be searching "Jail break iPhone 2" or "Unlock iPhone 2.0"

-Mike

There are alot of free and good application in the App store.. I use Fring as msn.. Fring also consist of Skype, ICQ , SIP , Google talk , Twitter ( chat Only ) , Yahoo ( chat Only ) and AIM ( Chat Only).. It also vibrate and alert u when u got a new msg from msn..

I would start with the App Store. Usually, I just check the top 25 every day or so and see if there's anything new or cool. Btw, if you want to jailbreak it, let me know and I'll talk you through it. It can go wrong, but I've jailbroken mine numerous times and it's never broken.

TunaFishyMe

Screw the Iphone. Should have waited for Blackberry Storm. I played with the phone and the screen is a BUTTON!! BHWAHHAHAH AWESOME!!
    So you put your finger on the keyboard and it lights up and then you press down on the screen like an actual button to register it. hahaha soo cool. I'll buy it just for that feature

paperownz

You should've tried g1...

nice toy
    mine will come soon to i think if ther doesnt come a better phone out

Boyce

whats jailbreak?

whats jailbreak?[/b]
    googled it

Question: What Does It Mean to Jailbreak an iPhone?
    Answer:
    In essence, jailbreaking your iPhone means freeing it from the limitations imposed on it by AT&T and Apple. You install a software application on your computer, and then transfer it to your iPhone, where it "breaks open" the iPhone’s file system to allow you to modify it.

Why Would I Want to Jailbreak My Phone?
    It lets you do everything from customizing the look of your iPhone to installing third-party applications and customized ringtones on it. Depending on how far you're willing to go, you can do even more than that: Jailbreaking even lets you to unlock your phone so you can use it with a carrier other than AT&T.

Why Wouldn't I Want to Jailbreak My iPhone?
    Once you do it, you're on your own. You may have voided your warranty, so you can't rely on AT&T or Apple to fix any problems you encounter. All of the applications that jailbreak your phone are unauthorized and could damage or completely disable your iPhone. Your slick smartphone could end up as nothing more than a very expensive paperweight.

Oh. Why Would I Want to Do That, Again?
    There's a ton of third-party apps available once you jailbreak your phone. Some of them are really fun, some of them are really useful, and plenty of them are really cool.

Can I Fix My iPhone if Something Goes Wrong?
    Maybe. Some users have reported that they were able to connect a malfunctioning iPhone to iTunes and restore it to its original settings, which resolved the problem. Not all users have had this experience, though, and you certainly can't count on AT&T or Apple to provide you with tech support once you've taken this unauthorized step.

killer2675

ive got a blackberry 8820 as of the begining of the school year...(couldnt go back with the same phone haha) waiting on the new blackberry... if i dont like it im going with the iphone.. my dad bought one last week and its pretty nice...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast