Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Learning new languages...

This is a discussion on Learning new languages... within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I dunno...maybe I just can't learn french.. I've been taking french classes in school since 7th grade ...and I'm in ...
Page: 1

Aba

I dunno...maybe I just can't learn french..

I've been taking french classes in school since 7th grade ...and I'm in 11th grade now and I'm only in French II because of my lack of confidence that I could have progressed any faster than that without getting a bad grade in the class h34r:

does anyone else feel like they just can't learn a language? or have any tips? seriously I spent like 4 hours on 7 pages of french homework tonight that was just supposed to be a review from last year

shanttelimi

I've been taking french classes in school since 7th grade ...and I'm in 11th grade now and I'm only in French II because of my lack of confidence that I could have progressed any faster than that without getting a bad grade in the class h34r:

does anyone else feel like they just can't learn a language? or have any tips? seriously I spent like 4 hours on 7 pages of french homework tonight that was just supposed to be a review from last year [/b]
    dam that sucks maybe your just not sapose to learn french , im sure if you tried to learn a more simple language it would be easyer, maybe turkish :P

alors suces ma bite et tais toi

= suck my dick and shut up

lool joke

french is very hard....

ad y hawe difikulti lérning inglysh

Phosgene

i know that in the large scale of "learning disorders" theres one thats making it hard for u to learn foreign languages(in israel if u have it u dont have to learn 2nd foreign language[yes english is mandatory a.q :P]) .
    u should go through an observation (or how the hell u call it the us...lets call it checking :P its a test and some shit else)

Banned Senior Member

I've been studying french from 7th grade to 10th grade and 7th 8th 9th i thought ok im ok with french but cant speak with anyone but suddenly in 10th grade with new teacher i could speak and write better

mathias

I've been studying french from 7th grade to 10th grade and 7th 8th 9th i thought ok im ok with french but cant speak with anyone but suddenly in 10th grade with new teacher i could speak and write better[/b]
    lol ? .. good for u :P

never learned french.. took germen insted .. its sux tho, but french is harder to learn..

go for it ... study hard go pro or something :P

does anyone else feel like they just can't learn a language? or have any tips? seriously I spent like 4 hours on 7 pages of french homework tonight that was just supposed to be a review from last year [/b]
    First of all, you need to know the words. No matter how good ur grammar is, without any words ur nothing. So repeat daily a list of words. End of the week, make a test and see if you know them or not. Repeat this over and over till you have a decent background of words.

Then get into the grammer. Learn to form french tenses (not the many exceptions, just the basic). Learn the passé composé, futur simple, conditionnel présent, futur anterieur, conditionnel passé, plus-que-antérieur etc. They have a same patern of forming them, its quite easy tbh.

If you know enough words and you can form the basic tenses, ur fine imo ... (ive been studying french for 8years+ i think and its pretty decent). I can understand french (if they dont talk too fast) and I can respond their questions if needed. Thats how we basicly study it in belgium. First words, then tensen and then other grammar shit (which is 10 times harder then tenses lol)

English > Spanish > all rest

i tryed to learn french to i stopped after 2 school years

i didnt liked it and like u i couldnt really learn it so i took german and didnt had many problems with it

Banned Senior Member

French got too many tenses in english u only need to know present future and past and ure fine
    in french u cant be fine with only these 3

ObiraBiro

I know portuguese - english - a bit of spanish ( similar to portuguese ), a bit of french;
    And trying to learn Japanese... Kinda impossible <_<

French got too many tenses in english u only need to know present future and past and ure fine
    in french u cant be fine with only these 3[/b]
    thats bullshit lol.

If thats fine for english, its the same for french laf >.<

Banned Senior Member

nope u cant speak french without all these tenses u mentioned

nope u cant speak french without all these tenses u mentioned[/b]
    In english you need aswell to know the Present simple, present continous, present perfect continous, past simple, future simple, ....

thats the same for french

so i dont get why u are saying this lol

Oh well but In french every person has a different form... In english there is 2 forms for a tense..

and yes, French is difficult... I believe 30% of french people dont know how to write proper french... And around 50% don&#39;t make many spelling mistakes...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast