Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Let's talk about the bailout

This is a discussion on Let's talk about the bailout within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Only people who know things please ("though im a fan of Obama, i think he is wrong to say the ...
Page: 1

Banned

Only people who know things please

("though im a fan of Obama, i think he is wrong to say the financial markets do not need to be bailed out.) (JUST FOR YOU
    Your not allowed!

Who else here thought about sucking off the senate today, cause there fucking awesome?

Dow bounced back up 400+ points

House republicans changing from no to reconsidering after the FDIC insurance payout went from 100k to 250k

Bailout is sure to be approved soon.

I honestly believe the US government will make over a trillion dollars from this investment (revenue) (Thus 300bil profit, tards) . Give the companies capital, and they will succeed.

Zaczaco11

are there any negatives to the fdic insurance coverage being raised, like higher bank interest rates or something?

Banned

That's interesting

I suppose we could go into more debt as we would have to insure a higher coverage to banks so it would only seem logical banks have to pay more for a higher insurance plan then before...but the government isn't always logical because its not setting out to make itself a profit but to help our economy.
    I don't know the answer.

I do know both presidential candidates were in favor of higher FDIC rates so it shouldn't bother them.

Bailout will pass eventually, but it doesn't benefit the American citzens except for those that were on pension, and stock investors.

The lower class / middle class gets fucked over.

Once this is approve, American dollar value will probably go way down.

This is not a long term solution either, it doesn't improve the economy in any way, eventually US will be back in this position again.

Zaczaco11

Bailout will pass eventually, but it doesn't benefit the American citzens except for those that were on pension, and stock investors.

The lower class / middle class gets fucked over.

Once this is approve, American dollar value will probably go way down.

This is not a long term solution either, it doesn't improve the economy in any way, eventually US will be back in this position again.[/b]
    actually you're wrong =/

it will help the economy, and it has no direct impact on the stock market. What the bail out is for is this : They'll use the money to bail out the failing banks, which will (hopefully) cancel out the problems caused by the ignorant. the stock market is really just like the straw that broke the camels back, the tipping point for the economy. Once people feel comfortable with their money, the market will most likely go back up. And if it works, it is a "long term" solution, which is for about 15 more years or so.

actually you're wrong =/

it will help the economy, and it has no direct impact on the stock market. What the bail out is for is this : They'll use the money to bail out the failing banks, which will (hopefully) cancel out the problems caused by the ignorant. the stock market is really just like the straw that broke the camels back, the tipping point for the economy. Once people feel comfortable with their money, the market will most likely go back up. And if it works, it is a "long term" solution, which is for about 15 more years or so.[/b]
    Of course it has direct impact on the stock market. When bank(s) go bankrupt in a country it shows how bad their economy is; hence this is the reason why, when bailout was rejected on monday, the stock market dropped 777 points (which is worth over a trillion dollar worth).

Bank gets temperary money from the bailout, which will still get screwed over in the long run, because the economy will not improve because of this. People will still be borrowing money from the bank, without the ability to pay it back. The cycle continues. I doubt it would even last 15 years.

Zaczaco11

Of course it has direct impact on the stock market. When bank(s) go bankrupt in a country it shows how bad their economy is; hence this is the reason why, when bailout was rejected on monday, the stock market dropped 777 points (which is worth over a trillion dollar worth).

Bank gets temperary money from the bailout, which will still get screwed over in the long run, because the economy will not improve because of this. People will still be borrowing money from the bank, without the ability to pay it back. The cycle continues. I doubt it would even last 15 years.[/b]
    thats an indirect impact. the stock market is played by people, if they think the value of stock is going to drop they sell (kinda like in ko ya kno [hate having to relate stuff to games but i kno thats what u kno] buy low sell high), thats how people make bank off the market, its always fluctuating. The reason the market dropped when the bill was denied was because the "panic effect" (which is the primary cause of the depression of 1929) kicked in and said "omg government is backing out its going to drop more" so everyone sold, and they sold for cheaper and cheaper, making the value of most stocks that are in the dow industrial worth less hence the point drop. when people are comfortable with their money which is what this bailout would do in the span of a month or two, the stock market will be in good standings.

banks get money from the government to pay themselves off of the debt people could not pay off, they lost money because the prices of houses dropped when the bank went to repo the house or w/e the loan was for, this is why banks lost so much money.

umm no. credit lenders got greedy and too trusting. this wont happen again for sometime. the banks got their warning, if this happens again, everything they own is gone.

The bill failed because the tax money is used to wipe bank's ass.

now the government is spending 700 b so they can clear off their debt and let the history repeat itself lmao.

Why the bill will eventually pass? Because there isn't any other solutions

Zaczaco11

The bill failed because the tax money is used to wipe bank's ass.

now the government is spending 700 b so they can clear off their debt and let the history repeat itself lmao.

Why the bill will eventually pass? Because there isn't any other solutions[/b]
    it failed because people were playing politics. repubs voted no because of nancy polosy's speach (slaughtered her name again) and dems voted no because there was no benefits for them. theres a new 400 page one being reviewed now, voted on in an hour or something. its a game to politicians. the other option is dont do it and we hit a depression. and the government will never dish out 700b of their own money, its people like me, the tax payer that has to bail out the dumbasses who couldn't manage loans/get loans responsibly.

exactly, hence it was the reason why it was rejected, but now they realize there is nothing else they can do.

this doesnt benefit anyone except for people on pension / bank / and the government itself.

700billion lmao. I can't wait for US dollar value to go down!

Poor USA, everyone should just move to Canada lmao

TunaFishyMe

buy high, sell higher

Xtr3m3

I made a post a while back about this...this guy predicted all this months before it ever happen. It seems he is linking Religion, Politics, and white-collar crime. I was very skeptical but then he brought out all this past events that add up to a whole. Very very scary!! I'm just waiting for Oct 4-10 (Something BIG is going to happen with the Stock Market according to him during this time). Also he says Legatus is running the show!

Google Fiance Forums

His site which is updated everyday for you to stay inform on the issues

Some people believe that Nostradamus predicted the Wall Street crash of 1929. But a modern age requires modern prophets. On a Google Finance message board last July, one lone nut predicted a market crash. "The negative news that will move the market downward should occur September 15," he wrote. That would be today. This oracle may be raving, but he did predict the future correctly. "This organization below," he went on, "runs the show..."

The Group's Name: Legatus
    Its Mission: " To study, live and spread the Faith in our business, professional and personal lives."
    What is it?: Legatus—Latin for "ambassador" (and the term for a general in the Roman army)—is a worldwide networking group "designed exclusively for top-ranking Catholic business leaders." Its main stated duty is to bring such leaders together for closed monthly networking meetings. The group calls itself "the conduit connecting two powerful realities, the challenge of top-tier business leadership and a religious tradition second to none."
    History: The group was founded in 1987 by Tom Monaghan, the devout Catholic who founded Domino's Pizza. It now boasts "thousands" of members throughout America and in Europe.

It's somewhat reminiscent of Opus Dei, the shadowy Catholic group that starred in The Da Vinci Code. The Google Nostradamus went by the name of reinhardt (though his account has now been banned). He ID'd himself as the author of this conspiracy site as well. Here are some salient portions of his very extensive posts on the connection between Legatus and our current financial blowup: [/b]
    "Crash is in September."

yup

and the negative news that will move the market downward should occur
    Sept 15

this organization below.. runs the show

http://www.legatus.org/public/index.asp

the money laundering occurs just prior to the pilgrimage to rome and
    the checks are written during the pilgrimage and the checks clear by
    September 14 and the negative news leaks out (something along the
    lines of "insider trading on a mass scale at a major brokerage) then
    they start crossing the "t"s and dotting the "i"s on Sarbanes-Oxley II

SOX II will certainly protect the working class' nest-eggs fur sure![/b]
    "is that where you're going with this?"

it is no coincidence that Father Jose Escriva started Opus Dei in 1928

it is no coincidence that Monohan started Legatus just prior to the
    1987 crash.

it is no coincidence that Tyco's Belnick "met privately" with the Pope
    during the 1999 "pilgrimage"

google "Belnick" "unlikely cause" as in "Tyco's windfall goes to
    unlikely cause"

and it is no coincidence the David Tice leaked the rumor that started
    the slide of Tyco the day after that pilgrimage

google "David Tice" and "Tyco" and put the dates in order as I have
    done

it is no coincidence that the last pilgrimage to rome was during the
    Ides of March which was the weekend prior to Bear Stearns' little
    number

the game has to be played somehow

and this.. is the way it is played [/b]
    "Does stuff only happen around/after their pilgrimages"

good question

from what I have seen the local (non-Rome) junkets tend to attract a
    significant gathering of politicos in whatever area they take place

and the local stocks of companies in those locales and states are
    affected in a negative way on a smaller scale

it took me a while to determine that the Rome visits were the big ones[/b]
    nothing financially positive happens to a publicly traded stock
    following any of Legatus' events

accountants can lie (sorry.. I mean't "tell an untruth") about a
    company's earnings for decades but the moment the descision is made
    and the action is taken to sell and confess is what Legatus covers up

that is why Monahan (the commie slayer) created it

Monahan hates commies so much he knows wall street has to cook the
    books to defeat it.

my primary point: take notice of those dates and when they pass see
    if I am wrong
    that is what I have been doing since I first read about it in the WSJ
    with Lauri's award winning Tyco/Belnick article and negative news has
    followed every Rome event and most local ones

after Opus Dei came Legatus and I am looking to see what the next one
    might be about the time Dan Brown pens "The Legatus Code".[/b]

Psy

Senate passed it, 75-24. Who was not present?!

Xtr3m3

Hm...it seems this guy got another one! The next to come is Microsoft! Since Legatus event is on Seattle, Washington, Oct. 2-4, 2008. And the main offices of Microsoft Corporation is Redmond, Washington, and he says it will affects their business in the next couple of days in a negative way(State wise). This is getting interesting!

October 01 2008 06:06

01/10/2008

The checks have been written.

Once the checks are written.. the market has to crash.

There is no turning back, because there is too much evidence that must disappear.

This is TREASON.

Just like last time.[/b]

The bill failed because the tax money is used to wipe bank's ass.[/b]
    bill failed because of nancy pelosi as childish as it may sound its true she made it political not mccain when he suspended his campaign and wats fucked is everyone blaming the republicans for it failing when 95 dems voted no and the democrats in swing states had permission to vote no by nancy herself lol .

bill has passed now by the senate has a few stupid things like wooden arrows you'll be hearing alot about but really when it comes down to it no one has won both dems and republicans lose they had there chance to show americans government can actually work on the rare occasion there not on vacation but ofc it turned into he said she said both parties are to blame .

the bailout itself alot of uneducated tax payers are angry but they wont realize its necessary until there checks are bouncing credit is necessary otherwise people like me who run on credit to pay employees wouldn't be able to cut checks every friday .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast