Why are BitTorrent so fuckign slow >.<

This is a discussion on Why are BitTorrent so fuckign slow >.< within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Well, i have good internet but why is downloading BitTorrent so fucking slow? i highest speed i ever got is ...
Page: 1

Banned

Well, i have good internet but why is downloading BitTorrent so fucking slow? i highest speed i ever got is like 7.5 kb/sec. I just got done downloading Company of Heroes which took me more then 1 month to download and when i tried to install it, i found out my comp cant run it >.<

Is there a way to make them faster?????

Babek

How many seeders did that torrent have?

Baxxor

Probably 1 seeder lol
    Dude, the main reason is cause of the seeders or the DATE of the torrent.
    You can start to download a torrent from like 2004 and think "This will go fast, it&#39;s a good movie" cause it wont
    Main reason is cause of the seeders, you need to find lots of seeders to download fast

TunaFishyMe

might be the number of seeders or your isp is blocking BT ports. I use rogers and they started to block ports...just forward some ports in the 50,000 range for bt

Try HotSpot Shield if ur isp blocks ur ports
    My isp blocks em here, so i dl @ 20kb/s max... but with HSS i dl @ 250-310 kb/s on a 2.5 mbps line

Banned

yeah i think its my isp. Because the download im dling has like 100+ seeders

ewenson_tr

Try HotSpot Shield if ur isp blocks ur ports
    My isp blocks em here, so i dl @ 20kb/s max... but with HSS i dl @ 250-310 kb/s on a 2.5 mbps line[/b]

I&#39;ll try that, but I doubt it will work.. Is blocking ports the same as bandwidth shaping? Because my Isp blocks all p2p activity. Thats why I was forced to use rapidshare premium and xdccing -.-

Worked for me, my isp also blocks p2p ports here
    Give it a try... if u get it to work then pm me, u ll need help when u exceed the 6 gb limit HSS has (u can bypass that)

just call your dumb ass isp and tell them u want to use p2p and have them walk you through it, its np i once called comcast for kicks told them i was downloading cablenut off a torrent and the program im using says my isp is blocking p2p and they walked me through it was hilarious

also i use utorrent and it automatically detects ports and wat not and will walk u through with a wizzard on changing ur ports or watever use that

and for rapidshare i&#39;d post links but i think i&#39;d get in trouble but there are free websites out there that let u dl off rapid share like prem or watever just look for them

TunaFishyMe

im not sure why your isp will walkthrough with you how to change ports scine p2p means sharing licensed stuff which is illegal. They block these programs since it is illegal...and people whore a lot of bandwidth. A while back when I was downloading 24/7, Rogers (my ISP) warned me for exceeding my bandwidth amount. They said I was in the top 1% of bandwidth users and they will ban me if i continue. This is bs cuz they advertise unlimited bandwidth. I guess i didnt read the fine print.
    the ISP can only ban certain ports that are common for BT and other programs...thats why you have to manually open ports and set it for your BT. Theres a good guide on the internet. YOu have to make your IP static and then open the ports. Look it up. After i did it, my torrents went to 100-200Kbs...originally it was at 5kbs so its a big improvement. Also I dont use any speed up download programs.

im not sure why your isp will walkthrough with you how to change ports scine p2p means sharing licensed stuff which is illegal. They block these programs since it is illegal...and people whore a lot of bandwidth. A while back when I was downloading 24/7, Rogers (my ISP) warned me for exceeding my bandwidth amount. They said I was in the top 1% of bandwidth users and they will ban me if i continue. This is bs cuz they advertise unlimited bandwidth. I guess i didnt read the fine print.
    the ISP can only ban certain ports that are common for BT and other programs...thats why you have to manually open ports and set it for your BT. Theres a good guide on the internet. YOu have to make your IP static and then open the ports. Look it up. After i did it, my torrents went to 100-200Kbs...originally it was at 5kbs so its a big improvement. Also I dont use any speed up download programs.[/b]
    cuz ppl working for isp&#39;s dont care they get paid at max 14 dollars an hour to sit there and walk retards through ordering ondemand movies and reseting there cable modem the punch line was that i told them im downloading cable nut which is software for uncapping your broadband lol