Looking for a good webhost . Need help!

This is a discussion on Looking for a good webhost . Need help! within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Ok i haven't done this in 2 or 3 years so im kinda rusty . The last websites i hosted ...
Page: 1

Default Looking for a good webhost . Need help!

Ok i haven't done this in 2 or 3 years so im kinda rusty . The last websites i hosted i was paying 50 bucks a month for unlimited everything . Just found out last night my parents book is getting published . So they want me to put a website up for them . I found this site Web Hosting Reviews & Rating - Best Web Hosting 2009 its like a web host review seems unreal but then again i haven't looked into this stuff for years .

Any suggestions ? the only thing that really worries me is when the site gets plugged for the book a number of people would be visiting it all at once and in the past things like this always brought my sites down even with unlimited everything .

much appreciated

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Just get a shared host, usually got a good 500-600gb of space on it for a website you wont need all too much of a badass server to host it on and most of the times the traffic is unlimited too, for a very very small price.

As long as you can supply a domain, those should be the best to go with:

I used that a year back for quite some time, paid 3$ or so amonth for 600gb space and unlimited traffic :P

yeah the space isn't really what im worried about just the bandwith im thinking yahoo would be the safest bet

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

if its the bandwith, go with.. i don't know, kazila.com or something. You get just about 500gb on there, you won't ever need that much and the service isn't too bad either.

wats your parents book D:

some chronicles of narnia knock off .... honestly i dont know . I'll know more when i start the site up . They spent the last like 10 years writing it and now that the first ones done being edited and is now getting published . They have some how finished the 2nd one in less then a year .....

Hello,
    Greetings of the day,

Coming to my opinion/Suggestion, It's better to go with the shared hosting plan. Which is better for all websites like daily news and books like you mentioned in your query. Better to ask the technical team of your hosting provider. If there is any problem or confusion with the information provided better to go with another hosting provider. Numbers of Shared hosting providers are there in the today's market world with a low price by full filling all your hosting requirements like Bandwidth, Ram, HDD, Price, Security, Support, and Service.
    Last edited by mathewwben; 01-20-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Lol. I'll add a few words to mathewwben's message. The main thing is that the price on your hosting service's site was mentioned not in rupees but in dollars. Writing from my own experience: when it was needed to place a small project on a joomla hosting site I was attracted by cool prices on Indian hosting. And I had a lot of regretts later... Calling technical support left an unforgettable impression
    Hosting should:
    1. meet your objectives
    2. be inexpensive
    3. with normal support service
    4. work stable
    The rest is not so important. If you have money - buy VPS, if the budget is limited - there is an excellent host on fastcomet for small projects for $ 3 per month.