////// Making a website, HELP mofos ////////// READ aq

This is a discussion on ////// Making a website, HELP mofos ////////// READ aq within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Hmm i gotta make a website for an aunt that will mainly contain news about some shit idk but gotta ...
Page: 1

RiseAgainst_

Thumbs down

Hmm i gotta make a website for an aunt that will mainly contain news about some shit idk but gotta make it a little fancy. I got some experience in making websites but i still need help and if anyone knows about it, i would really appreciate it.

Pm me kankass B) pls

Pwner4Last

Make one in Frames it's easy AND it looks kinda fancy :P

Jewsus

Try... CSS, PHP... and a Login feature... dont use table always looks tacky and yeah frames can be fance just 1 or 2 not to many and slice the images... using rollover images might be a good idea... and use bright colors no dark backgrounds... flower images could be good.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Try... CSS, PHP... and a Login feature... dont use table always looks tacky and yeah frames can be fance just 1 or 2 not to many and slice the images... using rollover images might be a good idea... and use bright colors no dark backgrounds... flower images could be good.[/b]
    O.o?

RiseAgainst_

I am confused also with his explanation lutz... thats why i didnt reply ;(

Didnt wanna sound stupid

I am confused also with his explanation lutz... thats why i didnt reply ;(

Didnt wanna sound stupid[/b]
    No, I got confused because he inferred PHP and a login feature as like, almost parallel things, when in fact a login system is built by using PHP.
    His thing was like:

Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Lemons, Gravitational Force of the Earth

Anyways, you get what I mean.

Use Dreamweaver / Frontpage if you're new at making templates; I never was really any good at making templates - that's why most of my sites are just plain programming, and not much else. If it's a site that needs a userbase, you need to incorporate PHP into it, which is pretty easy - all you need to do is...

1. Set up a MySQL database, and have some fields like
    Code:
    user_id | username | password [md5 hashed] | email | firstname | lastname | session_id | rank
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Use a PHP frontend to just call that information - what I usually like to do is store cookies with information like:
    Code:
    username||session_id
    then compare session ID to the one in the MySQL database.
    3. Set up protected pages, and check through some comparisons of $rank (define it as the "rank" in your table)

And you're done!

RiseAgainst_

Actually i mainly need a database! any idea bout that?

Actually i mainly need a database! any idea bout that?[/b]
    MySQL.

www.mysql.com

RiseAgainst_

Checking it out baby ty