Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Manhunt 2 banned in UK

This is a discussion on Manhunt 2 banned in UK within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6172704.html Great, the commies at the BBFC (retards who give films and some games age ratings) have said that Manhunt ...
Page: 1

Banned

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6172704.html

Great, the commies at the BBFC (retards who give films and some games age ratings) have said that Manhunt 2 cannot be legally sold in the UK because "Manhunt 2 is distinguishable from recent high-end video games by its unremitting bleakness and callousness of tone in an overall game context which constantly encourages visceral killing with exceptionally little alleviation or distancing. There is sustained and cumulative casual sadism in the way in which these killings are committed, and encouraged, in the game."

In other words, they think that the game will make people into sadistic killers! OMG WE HAVEN'T HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE LOL

Banned Senior Member

suckers, didn't they also ban ManHunt after it was released?

Banned

Tried to after someone got murdered and they blamed it on Manhunt. One or two places took em off the shelves temporarily, but most independent game shops kept them ^^

I just wish people (especially our government) would stop giving fuel to people like Jack Thompson ,'soccer moms', and our lovely media (tv, newspapers etc) who most of them will blame a game for something, yet they've never played the game itself (take the Fall of Man example, where there's a map based on the inside of Manchester Cathederal saying that the game will increase gun crime in Manchester! Yep, so me shooting aliens in a virtual Mcr Cathederal is gonna make me run round kill people).

Tried to after someone got murdered and they blamed it on Manhunt. One or two places took em off the shelves temporarily, but most independent game shops kept them ^^[/b]
    the police had found a copy of manhunt and straight away media etc started saying stuf about how teh kiler got his ideas and was obsessed with the game

but infact later police revealed that the copy was the victims and not the killers.

what i dont get is the fact that games like manhunt2 are banned but films like saw 3 hostel etc arnt baned wel thats just fuked up.

also banning a game pretty much shows that the bbcf are surly not doing there jobs properly it shows that this system dosnt work.

how can they bann a game thats 18+ the only reason they baned it is cause children will play it but its 18+ ffs children shouldnt be playing it parents shouldnt be so half arsed when it comes to parenting.

Banned Senior Member

it's partially because when you watch a movie,,, you watch the violent scenes. But when you play a game like Manhunt, your actually "doing" the killings so somehow it has a larger effect on you to go out and do that stuff in real life.

Stupid theory... but ya games cant get away with as much as movies can

Haven't you guys seen turks who make live action KO movies? Yeah, there are stupid enough people in this world who would do it.

I agree it's stupid to ban the game, but the game was crap to begin with.

Robokill

Haven't you guys seen turks who make live action KO movies? Yeah, there are stupid enough people in this world who would do it.

I agree it's stupid to ban the game, but the game was crap to begin with.[/b]
    omgz show me link to video of this? :lol:

Banned Senior Member

I agree it's stupid to ban the game, but the game was crap to begin with.[/b]
    Manhunt 2 isn't out yet cant say it's a crappy game

Meh, I was talking about the first one but honestly, in both film and games which sequal is better than the first?

phantom as far as i know thats not actualy the case(i have been reading alot of blogs about it) even tho i never even played manhunt or own a wii or ps2

but aparently the BBCF say its not that reason why they banned it but rather the violence in the game is "upsetting"

Banned

the police had found a copy of manhunt and straight away media etc started saying stuf about how teh kiler got his ideas and was obsessed with the game

but infact later police revealed that the copy was the victims and not the killers.

what i dont get is the fact that games like manhunt2 are banned but films like saw 3 hostel etc arnt baned wel thats just fuked up.

also banning a game pretty much shows that the bbcf are surly not doing there jobs properly it shows that this system dosnt work.

how can they bann a game thats 18+ the only reason they baned it is cause children will play it but its 18+ ffs children shouldnt be playing it parents shouldnt be so half arsed when it comes to parenting.[/b]
    Well I knew manhunt was involved in some way, obviously shows the media jump to conclusions like flies jump to dog shit.

And about hostel, I know why don't they ban stuff like hostel and saw 4? I mean we don't need more medicure torture films they're crap! :lol:

ur right conin films like saw and hostel serve no real purpose at all but to sicken ppl they have no artisic value at all and if they do id liike sum1 to show me how!

Banned

ur right conin films like saw and hostel serve no real purpose at all but to sicken ppl they have no artisic value at all and if they do id liike sum1 to show me how![/b]
    Yeah, but Fantastic 4, POTC3 and Spiderman 3 weren't too good either. 2007 must be the year of utter crap films.

But back on-topic, I'm surprised Jack T hasn't given his 'opinion' about this yet (If he has can someone link it? )

yea rofl those films sucked cant believe i actualy went to cinema to see spiderman 3 worst money spent ever / although im looking forward to seeing 28 weeks later and PotC 3 i know ther out just dont have time to go see them :P

ps: bigest dissapointment this year is Shrek 3 imo

pss i dont think jack t has said anything official yet maybe wrong tho.

englishbob

hmmmm video games are the ones responsible for violence?

Wonder what game it was that turned Hitler Bad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast