Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MP3 Players & iPod

This is a discussion on MP3 Players & iPod within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I might be looking for a newer better MP3 player, I currently have an iRiver H10 20GB mp3 player, it ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

I might be looking for a newer better MP3 player, I currently have an iRiver H10 20GB mp3 player, it doesn't do any Video playback, just music/photos. I want one thats newer, and has video playback, I was looking at the Creative Zen Vision:M earlier and it looks pretty nice. I've used a Zen before ( the mp3 player before my iRiver was a Zen Micro ) and enjoyed it's size, battery life ( was able to swap batteries if needed ) and it's audio. I've never had a better pair of earbuds before or after I had those ones that came with my Zen ( too bad they broke ). There was a problem with the audio jack which was semi common in the Micro's back then which forced me to buy a new mp3 player.

I'm not looking for an iPod, Dont feel like getting one, nor dealing with Apple. Just wondering what other Mp3 flash players people on ko4life might be using. I dont know how much better the Video iPod got since the Vision:M came out, but they stack up quite nicely compared to each other

Banned

I never understood the "i dont want to deal with apple" crap. iTunes is easy to use as long as you know how to use a computer efficiently.

iTunes is easy even if you can't use a computer efficiently. I personally love my iPod, works great and never had any trouble with it other than the occasional freeze, which is easily remedied. Only thing I would trade it for would be a bigger one.

i really hate itunes they make it seem as if u can only use one ipod per computer when really its just as simple as checking a box

when i was doing my computer repair buisness this family 3 daughts one son and mom and dad all had ipods and all had laptops so they wouldn't have to delete there music all the time lol

tbh i prefer my psp i've got a few 2 gigs sticks and was given about 15 1 gig sticks its not horrible only down to psp is its size but considering screen size it aint bad

Sup3rSlick2

I've got a Zune. Pretty satisfied and no problems so far, except that they need to add more stuff to it

havvvk

iPod doesn't play wma, therefore its gay. I own an 80 gig, and its the best player i've had, but no wma is fail. Go with a zune or a creative or an archos

I'm happy with my Sandisk Sansa.
    Using it over a year and haven't changed even 1 battery so far :|
    Also the original earphones are pretty good.

Banned Senior Member

Yes I can use iTunes, and I know how but I just dont want an iPod Pretty much the same things out there i've seen would be Creative Zen Vision:M and W(wide screen playback ), the Zune, and a few things from iRiver ( but low on storage )

anything else people have used/tried?

Here's my opinion;

I've had both Ipod and Mp3 player, yes a good mp3 player.

My mp3 player died after ~6months, it just didnt work anymore, it was completely broken!

Ipod, I've had several! If you dont use 'em for a while, they die. Also are you looking for an Ipod Nano Mini or Video? Cause there's allot of difference between those, the video one is JUNK. You're better of getting a PSP than an Ipod Video.

Mp3 player > Ipod

It's easier to upload songs to, faster.

Ipod sucks.. the batteries die soo fast, it says it's duration time is about 15hours.. the new one i got doesnt even last 7 hours!

niggerjewnerdfgtdouche Senior Member TempesT's Avatar

I got a Zune, Awsome imo.
    http://www.zune.net/en-US/

tbh if i was u i'd get a cheap one and wait until around christmas to see wat comes out for example the new ipod phone

Most other players that play video are way to large for my tastes. My ipod video plays movies just fine and the screen is great, although the battery life playing videos sucks terribly.. but hey most others are the same way. I don't understand why you wouldent want an ipod, they pwn :P The zune seems pretty nice but its pretty bulky for my tastes. If you live in a large city I bet the zunes wifi feature would be really nice, but I live in a rual area with hicks and hillbillys that hardly touch a phone.

If your looking for a portable video player just get something like a pocket pc and a few large flash cards.. they are very cheap these days.

yeah in michigan were kinda behind on wifi but there working on it quite a few countys are providing free wifi through out the hot spots which is nice

not to mention our comcast is power boosting to 5 mbs of upload and like 15 mbs of download which is hottt

Banned Senior Member

The Vision:M is the same size as the ipod video, the Vision:W is a little larger but it has a 4" screen compared to the 2.5" ipod and vision:M. They use around 220k colours on their screen compared to about 50k-60k the ipod does. The Zune doesnt look too bad in some aspect, but the wifi ( if turned on ) kills the battery alot. Also the ipod video can do ~2-3 hours of video p layback on a charge, the Vision:M does about 4-6 hours of playback. Wont be getting an iPhone because I already have a phone Plus thats gonna be like $650cdn or so when it's out

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Actually, the 80gb ipod video playbakc is arround 7 hours. I tried that. Is pretty good for playing movies and photos, for a 80gb with a HD.

The other day i was comparing my ipod nano of 8gb with a friend's Zen V Plus.

Zen V : + Video playback, photos, radio receiver, arround 150$ so cheap. Good sound quality (tested with 256kbps) small.
    - has a joystick, wich is awefull to use when going through a lot of artists, photos, etc... Takes big loading time, small screen, bulky, bad original earplugs.

Ipod nano: photos, arround 250$. Awesome sound quality (256kpbs), touch sensitive so makes it a lot easier to go through all your music, photos, etc, slim, almost weightless, good original earplugs. And is flash memory so it takes no time to load anything. Plus, gives agenda, calendar, timers, and all of this synchronizes autmoaticlly with your outlook, itunes, etc. And has a whole variety of accesories available for it, I personally love the nike + ipod one.

The ipod video ones are pretty much the same and better as the nano, just a bit bigger and slightly slower to load some stuff due to it not being a flash drive.

So overall, if you compare the ipod vs other mp3 players, you'd find that even if the ipods are a bit overpriced due to it's fashionist trend, their procesor's speed, video and sound quality, and their excellent touch wheel makes them worthy. Sure, the Zen's and Creative's MP3 may come with more functions and look more appealing in prices, but in the end the ipod turns out better. At least that's my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast