Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The music of k2

This is a discussion on The music of k2 within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i turned off music like 2 years go .. LOL...
Page: 2

Speed

i turned off music like 2 years go .. LOL

NightmareOfAMartyr

Or just live in Canada where it isn't illegal to download

Judas Iscariot

If you got a crappy pc you can delete the sound folder too

I believe you only had to rename your favorite mp3 file to the name of the file to be replaced

Zxenke

How is it thought then such a big company that runs Limewire hasn't been shut down if its illegial? Do they sell ads for on limewire and they can pay royalties that way?

Banned

How is it thought then such a big company that runs Limewire hasn't been shut down if its illegial? Do they sell ads for on limewire and they can pay royalties that way?[/b]
    thats the thing i dont know....im prety sure you can look it up though
    im just to lazy

I had that shitty thing on for less then a week, then I turned it off lol.. When I put the ko music on I like going abyss and it feels like old ko <3

Banned

you know limewire is stealing right ?[/b]
    http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

morax

THIS has gone off topic so im moving it to offtopic section if you want to carry on with the filesharing debate.

If you dont like K2s taste in music you can always turn it off in the options put itunes / winamp etc in the background and listen to your own music

---

Regards filesharing - Yes its illegal, limewire, kazzaa, bearshare etc. They are all illegal - some people are unlucky and get caught but the majority of the time if your downloading and not uploading your going to be ok. I did an essay at university on filesharing, its an interesting concept - some people view it as "stealing" which i guess is correct - your stealing someones intellectual property. Its not like stealing a CD from a shop though, the files you have on your computer have been copied from someone elses files. Does the record company lose out? I would argue in the majority of cases no. Hardcore band fans will buy the CD, mechandise etc. File sharing allows none hardcore fans to listen to the music but they wouldnt have bought the CD in the first place, so has the record company lost any money?? no. What has happened however is that the bands material is reaching a larger audience and therefore may INCREASE sales. Im not sure if thats what that harvard paper said i didnt read it but im quite sure its a similar concept

Morax.

Banned

Yeah exactly, it lets people have a taster of what they&#39;re gonna potentially buy.

Also I bet no one thinks of playing music through myspace bands and recording it on sound recorder, setting the source to wave ^^

Turn it off and go vent or listen ur music via winamp [/b]
    +1 B)

Lag0nx

Only i like delos music?

zetazeta

Or just live in Canada where it isn&#39;t illegal to download [/b]
    o wow really?

neawyz.. after 2.5 yrs my music is still own.. i dont mind :P

Regards filesharing - Yes its illegal, limewire, kazzaa, bearshare etc. They are all illegal - some people are unlucky and get caught but the majority of the time if your downloading and not uploading your going to be ok. I did an essay at university on filesharing, its an interesting concept - some people view it as "stealing" which i guess is correct - your stealing someones intellectual property. Its not like stealing a CD from a shop though, the files you have on your computer have been copied from someone elses files. Does the record company lose out? I would argue in the majority of cases no. Hardcore band fans will buy the CD, mechandise etc. File sharing allows none hardcore fans to listen to the music but they wouldnt have bought the CD in the first place, so has the record company lost any money?? no. What has happened however is that the bands material is reaching a larger audience and therefore may INCREASE sales. Im not sure if thats what that harvard paper said i didnt read it but im quite sure its a similar concept

Morax.[/b]
    mhm hardcore fans of bands will buy the cd?

and what happens to britney spears?

but its still stealing
    lets make a example.. : you were a singer and you just produced a album..but you didnt get paid because everyone used limewire and shit..so you got no money = you cant pay your bills = your in trouble..how does it feel now ?

[/b]
    their fault for making music lol.
    they get enough money as it is, including the hundreds of new rappers who make millions of dollars even though they have no talent whatsoever.
    they know their music&#39;s gonna be way more downloaded than its going to be actually bought.

if u were a singer, and u were good in any way, you&#39;d get endorsements, paid by magazines and whatnot, and if you dont, then make money the hard way like everyone else does and stop singing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12