I believe that PETA is no different than the al-Queda (in the sense that i'm about to demonstrate). Why? They are trying to force their culture onto the rest of us. Even if they are successful, there's no way they can maintain the power in their newly obtained positions. Also, if we (the USA, or any other country) stopped eating animal products (cattle, chicken eggs, milk) and started eating nothing but soy, wheat, potatoes, lentil, etc; then there would be no way for the farmers to afford to feed their livestock other than to dish out more money, resulting in the starvation of those animals. And then, let's say, a drought comes along. We will have to either A: Import [more] goods from countries such as China (less money in our pockets), B: Starve just as underpriveledged Eithiopian children do or C: Pay more for our homegrown foods (runoff of A). Also, for you PETA supporters, don't go waving statistics in my face about water consumption to produce beef compared to vegetables(some will say it takes 2,500 - 5,000 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef and only 20 gallons to produce one pound of wheat.), truth of the matter is that the amount of freshwater on earth has been about the same for 2 billion years. Vegetarians could limit a lot more suffering by planting their own crops, but where do you draw the line? A murderer who kills 10 people is no better off than a murderer who kills 20. If you eat meat, it's the same thing. If I decide to eat meat 364 days out of the year, then it is no better than if you're eating it 2 days out of the year. I'm doing my part to ease animal suffering by buying the product. And if all vegetarians decided to plant their own vegetables they could ease a lot more suffering (Since cows/pigs/whatever have to shit out the manurer to refertilize lands, you know. We want to use our own shit as manurer? I think not).

Anyways, I guess most of this covers how I feel about PETA.