Naming a Kid Superman?

This is a discussion on Naming a Kid Superman? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand couple is looking to call their newborn son Superman -- but only because their ...
Page: 1

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand couple is looking to call their newborn son Superman -- but only because their chosen name of 4Real has been rejected by the government registry.

Pat and Sheena Wheaton say they will get around the decision by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages by officially naming their son Superman but referring to him as 4Real, the New Zealand Herald newspaper has reported.

The Wheatons decided on the name after seeing the baby for the first time in an ultrasound scan and realising their baby was "for real".

They decided 4Real was the best way to write it, but the name was rejected because the registrar said a name had to be a sequence of characters.

Pat Wheaton said he was considering appealing against the decision through the courts, but whatever happens he won't be budged on his choice.

"No matter what its going to stay 4Real," Wheaton told the Herald, "I'm certainly not a quitter".

A spokesman for the Department of Internal Affairs, which operates the registry told the Herald discussions with the Wheatons about their son's name were continuing.

The baby is now two months old, after the Wheatons first applied to register his name in later June.[/b]
    h34r:

Speed

hehe 4Real thats messed up , theres a girl called Metallica now too... forgot where i saw it...

lol the kids will not pick on him when he grow up :lol:

shanttelimi

lol the kids will not pick on him when he grow up :lol:[/b]
    yea becuz he will use his super powers to kill the bullys xD

in holland a celebretys twin sons are called rolls and royce

4Real OMFG

I'll name my son like.. 2Fast2Furious XD

Im gona name my son K2 so i can beat him up when im angy

the_man_slayer

lol sounds lik they're tryin to name their character rather than their kid xD