Need COmputer help plz

This is a discussion on Need COmputer help plz within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I am looking to buy a decent priced laptop for gaming / programs i have around 850$ and lower to ...
Page: 1

Matador

Default Need COmputer help plz

I am looking to buy a decent priced laptop for gaming / programs i have around 850$ and lower to spend i have a few questions..... dell...gateway... which type of computer has best vid card memory and all of the other things I need to have a decent gaming experience plz help person I find most helpful gets 3 gbs in Olympia server

tolgahan

laptops are for business use mostly. Most important hardwares are cpu and ram for it.
    New laptops have dualcore CPU , DDR2 ram , PCI-express VGA and a mainbord supports these.So This configuration is the best one for today.But i dont think 850$ will be enough for this one.
    This configuration is new but prieces are high for now. try to find more $ and buy new type congf.
    When the old congf. is about to end dont buy one of them
    For the laptops HP is the best i think
    remember this laptops are for business use and they cant give a performance like desktop pc. Even they have the same priece desktop pc is %30 better
    www.hp.com

DiffusalBlade

Originally posted by tolgahan
    laptops are for business use mostly. Most important hardwares are cpu and ram for it.
    New laptops have *dualcore CPU , DDR2 ram , PCI-express VGA and a mainbord supports these.So This configuration is the best one for today.But i dont think 850$ will be enough for this one.
    This configuration is new but prieces are high for now. try to find more $ and buy new type congf. *
    remember this laptops are for business use and they cant give a performance like desktop pc. Even they have the same priece desktop pc is %30 better
    www.hp.com
    ?. most people use laptops as desktop replacements, i can guarentee my laptop is more powerful then ur desktop. anyway, you could get a decent laptop for $850 but dont get a dell anything but a dell!

Macdougl

I play on a HP laptop, dual core. It rocks! Bought it at the begining of the year, and it was more than what you have.

However, they are now coming out with the HP quad-cores so the dual cores are basically last years models. The prices will drop and with the holidays here I'm sure there are sales. I bet you could find a dual core around your price range. Look for RAM and video RAM. My processor is a 1.6Ghz, but kicks butt.

Rentzusuken

SlickDeals has some good stuff to check out every now and then that could save you some money on alot of things, laptops included. Check them out or Tiger Direct and Overstock.com are worth looking at also.

Baxxor

why not get a stationary computer and buy things for that, alot better cause the lap top is more risk for destroying the hard drive(thrust my my sis had it on a desk and the hard drive crashed twice, cost her alot of money ^^)

tolgahan

Originally posted by DiffusalBlade+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DiffusalBlade)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-tolgahan
    New laptops have *dualcore CPU , DDR2 ram , PCI-express VGA and a mainbord supports these.So This configuration is the best one for today.But i dont think 850$ will be enough for this one.
    This configuration is new but prieces are high for now. try to find more $ and buy new type congf. *
    www.hp.com
    ?. most people use laptops as desktop replacements, i can guarentee my laptop is more powerful then ur desktop. anyway, you could get a decent laptop for $850 but dont get a dell anything but a dell![/b]
    For the same money desktop pcs can give more performance than laptops

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

try newegg.com as well, they have some decent stuff

Hypnos

One of the main issues with laptops and games, is that usually you're stuck with whatever graphics chipset it has. Most of the time it is not upgradable (as in, soldered right on to the motherboard). And contributing to that problem is the fact that 80% of laptops have crap video chipsets.

So, make sure you get a laptop with a GOOD graphics chipset. Something with nVidia or ATi badging. The amount of video ram won't make much of a difference, despite what the sales rep will tell you.

I've personally always liked Toshiba's laptops. Dell is ok, but their support has really been going downhill the past couple years.