Need an explanation of a movie scene

This is a discussion on Need an explanation of a movie scene within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; If you didn't see the movie "Butterfly Effect" please go back. If you did, can you remember the scene, when ...
Page: 1

If you didn't see the movie "Butterfly Effect" please go back.

If you did, can you remember the scene, when Evan wanted to change the story once more but it failed? In the beginning his mother turned away and when she turned back he had a knife in the hand. Same when he wanted to change the scene but failed. Bleh.. I made it more complicated then it is :/

yes, i remember the scene, what do you need to know ? o.o

yes, i remember the scene, what do you need to know ? o.o[/b]
    Why he couldn't change the story and, he took the knife (in order to change the future, but exactly the same thing he did back then)

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Why he couldn't change the story and, he took the knife (in order to change the future, but exactly the same thing he did back then)[/b]
    Everytime Evan had his "blackouts", as kid, it was actually the "Future Evan" trying to change history.

but, evan only failed once changing his life. And that was when he took the knife in his hands and his mother asked him what he's gonna do with that knife. He answered: " I don't know":

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

but, evan only failed once changing his life. And that was when he took the knife in his hands and his mother asked him what he's gonna do with that knife. He answered: " I don't know":[/b]
    Because that's when he just awoke from his blackout... haven't seen the movie in 4 or 5 years, can hardly remember the details :/

R.I.P. Markis Senior Member zXFuryXz's Avatar

future Evan was going into the past 2 get the knife to cut his dog open from the sack, when the mom asked kid evan what he was going 2 do with the knife he didnt know because it was future evan in his head which made him blackout

future Evan was going into the past 2 get the knife to cut his dog open from the sack, when the mom asked kid evan what he was going 2 do with the knife he didnt know because it was future evan in his head which made him blackout[/b]
    that sounds right to me

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

haven't seen the movie in 4 or 5 years, can hardly remember the details :/[/b]
    Me too, but this thread makes me want to see it again, hopefully Comcast OnDemand has it

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

future Evan was going into the past 2 get the knife to cut his dog open from the sack, when the mom asked kid evan what he was going 2 do with the knife he didnt know because it was future evan in his head which made him blackout[/b]
    Yeah, that's pretty much right. Future Evan was the one who took the knife, and once he was gone and kid Evan was there again, is when the mom asked, and why thus he had no idea why he had the knife. It was a short blackout.

What doesn't make much sense in that movie is when he's in jail and wants to prove to his roomate that he can change things. He goes back to when he blacked out in class and drew a weird picture, and then makes two holes in his hands. As soon as he gets back, his hands change, but not the present. He did something that change everything, yet nothing did. i.e. let's say that for having the scars on the hands the girl wouldn't had liked him... everything would have been different, yet it wasn't.

Yeah, that's pretty much right. Future Evan was the one who took the knife, and once he was gone and kid Evan was there again, is when the mom asked, and why thus he had no idea why he had the knife. It was a short blackout.

What doesn't make much sense in that movie is when he's in jail and wants to prove to his roomate that he can change things. He goes back to when he blacked out in class and drew a weird picture, and then makes two holes in his hands. As soon as he gets back, his hands change, but not the present. He did something that change everything, yet nothing did. i.e. let's say that for having the scars on the hands the girl wouldn't had liked him... everything would have been different, yet it wasn't.[/b]
    I see what you mean, but I guess they didn't want to complicate the story too much...

And yes, the knife part, kid Evan took control of his body too early because adult Evan woke up by mistake if I remmeber right

great movie.

What doesn't make much sense in that movie is when he's in jail and wants to prove to his roomate that he can change things. He goes back to when he blacked out in class and drew a weird picture, and then makes two holes in his hands. As soon as he gets back, his hands change, but not the present. He did something that change everything, yet nothing did. i.e. let's say that for having the scars on the hands the girl wouldn't had liked him... everything would have been different, yet it wasn't.[/b]
    Its an Ashton Kutcher movie.

AphRaeL

that was a weird ass movie