Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Help Making a Forum/Website

This is a discussion on Need Help Making a Forum/Website within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Sorry if this is wrong section. I have bad habit of doing this :P Well I plan to make a ...
Page: 1

Sorry if this is wrong section. I have bad habit of doing this :P

Well I plan to make a website (completely NON KO RELATED!)

The plan is "50 things that piss me off".

I just need help finding cheap servers and setting up.

I want a page, similar to a forum. Where you have a list of words, you click and goes to another page where I have the paragraph on why it pisses me off (Hyperlinking). I then want people to be able to vote on if they agree and then leave comments. It's a Satire based webpage/forum, just for a laugh.

I hear Tez is good at this stuff? (Although I have only heard).

Any help and I'll be greatful.

MSN: [email protected]

Thx - Danny

i think dro used www.freefourms.org to create our clan forum.

www.freewebs.com . Easiest way to make a easy website.

Banned

i think dro used www.freefourms.org to create our clan forum.[/b]
    change ur avatar wigger

Banned

change ur avatar wigger[/b]
    lawl

change ur avatar wigger[/b]
    i'm sorry, that's Mr. NiLLa to you.

I'll check freewebs but I want something where I can make my own name like "www.50thingsthatpissmeoff.com"

I'll check freewebs but I want something where I can make my own name like "www.50thingsthatpissmeoff.com"[/b]
    then you'll have to pay for webhosting.. they wont give u a completely untagged domain name like that for free.

then you'll have to pay for webhosting.. they wont give u a completely untagged domain name like that for free.[/b]
    That's fine.

I knew I would have to pay, just needed help from someone who could HTML code if I got one

u can get a domain for 5$ pr month
    or actually here in denmark you can get for 1$ pr month with unlimited acces or something

best way is to search google for different website

ect "cheap webhosting" or similar

Banned

That's fine.

I knew I would have to pay, just needed help from someone who could HTML code if I got one [/b]
    www.namecheap.com

buy your name them buy a hosting package and you can have your forums

Buy a Domain name for 1 year.. They are super cheap.. Then go www.x10hosting.com.. They are by FAR the BEST free hosting company out there, you get what most ppl pay for, free. You only have to have one tiny text link as an add. They also offer cheap/great paid hosting.. Top notch CS and all that even for free users.

grzequ

lol, first of all - free hosting sucks

If you wanna have a dot com domain you simply need to buy a dot com domain, those arent that expensive tho
    The best option would be buying the domain through the same hosting company that's gonna cost your website. There are many of them so you need to look around a bit, read some opinions and pick one.

If you wanna have a dynamic website (let's say with a possibility to edit it without messing in the code) html won't be enough, you will prolly need some kind of a database (it won't be big so a text based one would be alright) and some scripting language, like php.

So if you don't know anything about the thing you wanna "develop" it really may be hard to get it done, until you spend some months to learn how to do it, cause right now it looks like you want someone to do the whole thing for you

Hypnos

I've dealt with them before. Worst support ever.

Try out Wordpress. It's PHP blog software. You can make an article on each word, and by default, it will allow comments on each one. There are poll plugins for it.

Wordpress.com will host one for you for free, or you can download it and install it on another host.

If you're looking for a host, kodb was on byethost.com for a while (last year). Their free hosting is half decent, but I wouldn't suggest them for paid hosting.

the_man_slayer

I've dealt with them before. Worst support ever.
    Try out Wordpress. It's PHP blog software. You can make an article on each word, and by default, it will allow comments on each one. There are poll plugins for it.

Wordpress.com will host one for you for free, or you can download it and install it on another host.

If you're looking for a host, kodb was on byethost.com for a while (last year). Their free hosting is half decent, but I wouldn't suggest them for paid hosting.[/b]
    hyp u shuld set up sum sorta donation thing on kodb lik on here :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast