Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help: Rate my PC

This is a discussion on Need help: Rate my PC within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Processor (CPU) INTEL® Pentium® DualCore E2160 (1.80GHz)800MHz FSB/1MB L2 Cache Memory (RAM) 1024 MB CORSAIR DDR2 667MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! ...
Page: 1

Banned

Processor (CPU)

INTEL® Pentium® DualCore E2160 (1.80GHz)800MHz FSB/1MB L2 Cache

Memory (RAM)

1024 MB CORSAIR DDR2 667MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (2x512MB)

Motherboard

ASUS® P5VD2-VM SE: DDR2, S-ATA II, 1 x PCI-E x16, 2 PCI, etc

Operating System

WINDOWS® XP Home (inc. Genuine CD & License) (£59)

USB Options

6 x USB 2.0 PORTS (4 REAR + 2 FRONT) AS STANDARD

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

80GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7200rpm)

2nd Hard Disk

NONE

RAID (HDD 1 & 2)

NONE

1st CD/DVD Drive

20x Dual Layer LightScribe DVD Writer ±R/±RW/RAM

2nd CD/DVD Drive

NONE

Graphics Card

256MB GEFORCE 8500GT PCI Express + DVI + TV-OUT

2nd Graphics Card

NONE

Sound Card

6 Channel SoundMAX High Definition Audio (Standard on P5VD2-VM)

Modem

NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND

Network Facilities

ONBOARD 10/100 LAN PORT (ETHERNET) AS STANDARD

Floppy Disk Drive

NONE

Memory Card Reader

INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)

Case

Stylish Black/Silver Trident case + 2 front USB

Power Supply & Case Cooling

STANDARD 350W PSU with CASE FAN

Processor Cooling

STANDARD CPU COOLER

Firewire & Video Editing

NONE

TV Card

NONE

Monitor

WIDE 17 INCH TFT Silver/Black 1440 x 900 8MS, D-Sub (£89)

2nd Monitor

NONE

DVI Cable

NONE

Keyboard & Mouse

NONE

Mouse

NONE

Speakers

NONE

Printer

NONE

Surge Protection

NONE

Webcam & VoIP

NONE

Media Center Kit

NONE

Anti-Virus

NONE

Office Software

NONE

Warranty

1 Year Return-to-Base incl 1st Month Free Collect & Return

Delivery

Standard Insured Delivery to UK Mainland (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm) (Free)

Quantity

New Total Price

£438

#
    #
    #
    #
    #
    #
    #

Can&#39;t be fucked to line it all up for you guys, just let me know. I can order that as of NOW? <3

TOYSOLDIER_

need mo ram, and better graphic card. i hate grahpic lags.

at least say you need this pc to play ko before mod close the topic :P

Banned

¬¬ This forum isnt just for KO, its under "General" so, this is a "General" topic, stfu flaming me.

I HAVE 512MB RAM IN MY BEDROOM SO THE RAM = 1536MB

zheka1k

Id say it would perfect for ko. And your video card is good enough, just maybe a better processor and more ram would be nice.
    And im sure your video card can pull some really nice new games, my 7900 gt geforce, plays the call of duty modern warfare without any glitching

Hostage

¬¬ This forum isnt just for KO, its under "General" so, this is a "General" topic, stfu flaming me.
    I HAVE 512MB RAM IN MY BEDROOM SO THE RAM = 1536MB [/b]

It&#39;s actually "General" for KO only. If you&#39;re looking to only play KO. The min req specs are on the webpage. :lol:

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

more than enought to play ko, but i would get more ram, better processor and better video card

TOYSOLDIER_

actually, processor is goood enough. i have a 256 as welll but dont do so good during war and shits

alper15

i would say ur pc is enough good to play ko

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I would put more money into a CPU , the 2.8ghz chip is identical to the 3.2ghz just the multiplier and cpu fan are different. An Asus motherboard will allow you to overclock the chip but I prefer to use an MSI board as they feel of a better quality.

Ram , it&#39;s not really that good and pretty pricey. I picked up 2gig of BallistiX DDR2 800 ram for £67 on ebay

Sound cards do make a big difference , I have an Audigy 2 Pro and the difference in sound quality is very noticable! again you can pick a nice one up from ebay.

Graphics card , when building never cut corners with this , now I would advise you to think what you want this pc to do? new games will need DirectX10 so you need the Nvivida 8*** seris or the ATI equvilent. Personally I will not buy anythign less than the top grade Nvidia cards , if the 8800 are too expensive then look at the 7800&#39;s as they are so cheap now and will cope with alot of current games with ease. Also when buying an Nvidia you must gete a BFG as they are much faster and better built.

Cases and PSU are another area people cut corners , think about the demands needed by your graphics card runing a 400watt on an Nvidia will slow it down , so pump up the power for perfomance but you will also get more noise.

DVD drive , obviously a dual layer burner that writes both +/- is a must. When looking at them gotta look at a very very well known name , again I would say MSI make good sold drives.

HD - I have 2 HD&#39;s one Maxtor and one Segate , both pretty good SATA drives are alot cheaper these days but top end speed can mean a shorter life. Maxtor are the dogs bollocks IMO so look at their products.

With my orginal build I got a core set up and each month upgraded and added on, this has kept my PC&#39;s life much longer and total build costs have been ok.

Building a PC should never be rushed and pay great attention to detail. Shop around for parts for a greater value.

ebay is a good place but try

www.dabs.com

www.overclockers.co.uk

Snuggles

exaccly what felix said.
    I am running
    AMD 3200+
    XFX Nvidia 6800 Extreme
    2x 1 gig pc400 ddr500 gaming ram
    600w antec psu
    as for running new games i plan on upgrading my video card soon in future.But a huge must for up coming release&#39;s and windows vista is ram.1gig ram min i mean min! 2 gigs is even pushing it now a days.but make sure to try and get matched ram so you can run smooth in dual channel. Cheers other then your vid card and ram.your computer is alset.
    cpu arent making huge diffrence&#39;s now a days.if you plan on making a work station outta ya computer and not a gsaming computer then go with new cpu also if not stay with what you have.

Banned

I would put more money into a CPU , the 2.8ghz chip is identical to the 3.2ghz just the multiplier and cpu fan are different. An Asus motherboard will allow you to overclock the chip but I prefer to use an MSI board as they feel of a better quality.

Ram , it&#39;s not really that good and pretty pricey. I picked up 2gig of BallistiX DDR2 800 ram for £67 on ebay

Sound cards do make a big difference , I have an Audigy 2 Pro and the difference in sound quality is very noticable! again you can pick a nice one up from ebay.

Graphics card , when building never cut corners with this , now I would advise you to think what you want this pc to do? new games will need DirectX10 so you need the Nvivida 8*** seris or the ATI equvilent. Personally I will not buy anythign less than the top grade Nvidia cards , if the 8800 are too expensive then look at the 7800&#39;s as they are so cheap now and will cope with alot of current games with ease. Also when buying an Nvidia you must gete a BFG as they are much faster and better built.

Cases and PSU are another area people cut corners , think about the demands needed by your graphics card runing a 400watt on an Nvidia will slow it down , so pump up the power for perfomance but you will also get more noise.

DVD drive , obviously a dual layer burner that writes both +/- is a must. When looking at them gotta look at a very very well known name , again I would say MSI make good sold drives.

HD - I have 2 HD&#39;s one Maxtor and one Segate , both pretty good SATA drives are alot cheaper these days but top end speed can mean a shorter life. Maxtor are the dogs bollocks IMO so look at their products.

With my orginal build I got a core set up and each month upgraded and added on, this has kept my PC&#39;s life much longer and total build costs have been ok.

Building a PC should never be rushed and pay great attention to detail. Shop around for parts for a greater value.

ebay is a good place but try

www.dabs.com

www.overclockers.co.uk[/b]

I buy from Overclockers all the time :P I live like a hour from their Depot.

Thx Felix, i&#39;ll save a weeks wages and up my Processor.

Snuggles

also ad another shopping website to the list felix missed.

www.newegg.com

cheers

Whats this doing in the general section.....

Moved to off topic - You have been warned!

Banned Senior Member

The Geforce8600 GTS cards are pretty good, I have one in my pc right now and it&#39;s alot cheaper then the 8800GT but it&#39;s only 256mb of memory and ya, you should probably upgrade your processor some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast