need a new phone

This is a discussion on need a new phone within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Hey, I currently own an iPhone. My 2-year contract just ran out a few weeks ago and I have been ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default need a new phone

Hey, I currently own an iPhone. My 2-year contract just ran out a few weeks ago and I have been thinking of getting a new phone.

So I'm not really sure what to get anymore, there are so many touch screen phones out now that it's ridiculous.

I was thinking about getting a HTC, I hear a lot of people saying good things about HTC. I personally had this one in mind, HTC Droid Eris. Now I am not sure if this is their newest model or what. Is there anything better than this? I'm open to all sorts of ideas. Can be from ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile, or Boost and has to be touch screen.

I'm trying to stay away from ATT and possibly go with either Verizon (best coverage) or T-Mobile (Unl. Everything). But if you can convince me otherwise...

Droid from verizon or Nexus one from ATT. Since you had the iphone from att, I rather use Nexus one... It has the latest android os and it runs faster than droid... Unlike droid, it has no physical keyboard which is okay if you like the touch keyboard...

I use verizon`s droid myself and I love it. If I had a chance, I would go buy Nexus one though... Its not that droid is a bad phone. IMO Droid > Iphone... I know a little about iphones and I used to make apps for it so I am very familiar with iphone as well... Still Droid > Iphone...

NexusOne > Droid > Iphone...

I hope I get the android 2.2os on my droid cuz its a big difference from what droid uses.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Get something that will stand out and be unique.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare67 View Post
    Droid from verizon or Nexus one from ATT. Since you had the iphone from att, I rather use Nexus one... It has the latest android os and it runs faster than droid... Unlike droid, it has no physical keyboard which is okay if you like the touch keyboard...

I use verizon`s droid myself and I love it. If I had a chance, I would go buy Nexus one though... Its not that droid is a bad phone. IMO Droid > Iphone... I know a little about iphones and I used to make apps for it so I am very familiar with iphone as well... Still Droid > Iphone...

NexusOne > Droid > Iphone...

I hope I get the android 2.2os on my droid cuz its a big difference from what droid uses.
    NexusOne, I am leaning towards that one right now. Ty!<3

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Yea ima buy nexus one whenever it comes out in the netherlands. Couldnt find any good info for when tho. All rumours :>

Some1 knows?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    Yea ima buy nexus one whenever it comes out in the netherlands. Couldnt find any good info for when tho. All rumours :>

Some1 knows?
    You could always buy a unlocked one on eBay if you don't mind paying a couple hundred extra dollars (or what ever currency is used in netherlands). You would be one of the few in the netherlands who has one, I wouldn't mind overpaying for that (just my opinion).

env touch if your a txter ^^