Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Nintendo Wii

This is a discussion on Nintendo Wii within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I found this article about Nintendos new console so i decided to look on the main homepage for pics and ...
Page: 1

MoonGlorious

Default Nintendo Wii

I found this article about Nintendos new console so i decided to look on the main homepage for pics and such. It looks alright, I'll probably buy it test it out and then sell it on Ebay if i don't like it. I wanna get the PS3 and have fun with that nukka. What do you think about the "Wii?"

http://wii.nintendo.com/

Banned

GC> Wii.... I hate the controlling system... sounds horrible

Anyway... im gonna buy one... BECAUSE OF THE NEW ZELDA GAME!!!!!

(Twilight Princess will be launched to GC too, 15 december if i remember right)

:P

MoonGlorious

Yea, saw a Zelda SS, looks good. The game doesn't come out till Dec. 15?? :blink: Lame... -_-

Medy

Originally posted by WindWaker
    GC> Wii.... I hate the controlling system... sounds horrible

Anyway... im gonna buy one... BECAUSE OF THE NEW ZELDA GAME!!!!!

(Twilight Princess will be launched to GC too, 15 december if i remember right) *

:P
    how do u know u hate the controlling system if u havent tried it? :>

anyways, Wii > PS3, xbox360

im gettin a PS3 and mounting the screen in my car interior zuahaha

Banned

Well i tryed a demo version of the controller, to GC...

but its not totally the same...

When u play zelda and gotta hit with the sword, u stand in real life and u gotta play ninja and jump around, and slash around with the controller xD the way u move the controller, the way your sword slashes :P

Kinda lame if u ask me, but u can still use a normal GC controller on the Wii

And The GC Version of Twilight Princess will come out the 15 december... the Wii version comes on the Launch date of the Wii :P

<---- Nintendo geek :wub:

MoonGlorious

Ooh, alrighty, thanks. B)

Banned

if u want i can get u the exact launch date :P

MoonGlorious

if u want i can get u the exact launch date :P
    gýft aga h43r:

Banned

Just a few newer details about the Wii and a wee bit of information on the Mirror Mode of WiiTP.

For those of you who have not learned already, the Wii will be released Europe on December 9, 2006 for €249, or about $317, and £179, or about $339, in England. The games will also sell between €49-€50 or £34-£39. The Wii Remote will also be £29/€39, nunchuck attachments for €19/£14, and the virtual console controller for €19/£14.

As for the information on Mirror Mode, Miyamoto made a comment on it during a Question and Answer session by Nintendo. He said:

"Although Link is [traditionally] left-handed, at E3 we noticed people seemed to be using the right Wii controller to swing his sword. That's why we decided to make Link right-handed. The interesting thing is, on the GameCube Link is still left-handed; because of the mirror mode the game map is reversed."

So, it is officially said by the big guy: the Wii version is mirrored. It’s still debated how this will affect the game but we’ll just have to wait until we play it to make that decision ourselves.

Source:IGN Wii

Banned

There's all kinds of new information out there about the Wii, and here's an overview for you.

The Wii, at $249.99 is certainly the cheapest next-gen console, though that doesn't surprise anyone. Nintendo has said that they plan on shipping 4 million consoles this year, with most going to the United States. That's quite a lot, when you compare it to Sony who says that they will have 500,000.

It will ship with the necessary cables, the sensor bar, a wiimote, and a nunchuck. It's nice to know Nintendo's not forcing us to go buy all kinds of things before enjoying anything. It will also come with Wii Sports: Wii Boxing, Wii Bowling, Golf, Baseball, and Tennis.

Including Twilight Princess, there are 30 games in the "Launch Window," which means before the end of the year. Around half should be available on launch day.

The Virtual Console's pricing should be around $5 to $10, presumably determined by what system the game was for. $5 for NES, $8 for SNES, $10 for N64. So that means if you want all the console Zeldas on your Wii (not counting the Gamecube ones), it would cost you $38 or so.

The Wii includes lots of online features, and ships with Opera, so you can browse the web with it. There have been rumors that there won't be Wii online gaming for a while, but one of Japan's launch titles, Pokemon Battle Revolution, is an online game, and it should be in America shortly after that release.

There is, of course, lots more information, but the Internet's so inundated with that right now, I'm sure you could wave a stick and hit 10 sites with all the information copy/pasted from some other place.

Sources: GoNintendo, IGN Wii, The Hylia

yeah i like zelda games but i hated that crappy graphics one, oh god how i hated it lol, but i should tell my uncle about that info u just said windwaker he doesnt like the whole controller thing either but if u can use the GC controllers than cool, i also hate how much they changed sonic sonic was my hero when i was younger and they turned dr robotnic into dr eggman, EGGMAN!! what sort of name is that! ILL KILL THEM ALL!!!!!

Banned

2 different infos... one from my own zelda fansite :P

Medy

Well i tryed a demo version of the controller, to GC...

but its not totally the same...

When u play zelda and gotta hit with the sword, u stand in real life and u gotta play ninja and jump around, and slash around with the controller xD the way u move the controller, the way your sword slashes :P

Kinda lame if u ask me, but u can still use a normal GC controller on the Wii

And The GC Version of Twilight Princess will come out the 15 december... the Wii version comes on the Launch date of the Wii :P

<---- Nintendo geek *:wub:
    Demo version of the controller to GC? where? :P
    anyways, it sounds kinds cool to make some 1337 moves with the contorller, but not if u gotta do it on each fight :P
    Would be nice if it was from time to time, when u do a special attack or something xD
    wii will be relased 12/8 - 06 in europe I have already prebought it or how u say it :P

Which zelda games do u own ?
    I love the zelda series too :wub:

Banned

Medy imagine... everythime u see an enemy, u gotta jump up... take the controller, and fight like a freak xD

its damn frustrating if at the demo version... but i guess ima wait for the GC version of TP... >.<

I dont got enough money for a Wii :P but i guess ill wish one for christmass lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast