Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

A Note on Racism

This is a discussion on A Note on Racism within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; If you don't have an intelligent response to this, don't respond. I won't moderate posts here within reason. ---- What ...
Page: 1

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

If you don't have an intelligent response to this, don't respond. I won't moderate posts here within reason.

----

What I've observed in the past couple weeks is the increasing problem of racism. I'm well aware of the problem that many people believe that Turks are the reason why the KO game is what it is. I'm well aware of the fact that the status of being Turkish immediately makes yourself a target for "English-speakers". I'm also well aware of the fact that this is present in every single post on ko4life, every single post on any KO-affiliated forum, and every single message sent across ingame. I played the game, too.

The problem lies largely in the fact that the English speakers blame all of KO's problems on the Turks. Where did this attitude originate? It originated in the early days where the Turks were beginning to move to KO, and they could not speak a word of English, immediately alienating themselves from the English community. That's the reason. More notably, notorious figures such as Patek and BlackWinds were both Turkish and caused severe harm to the game through their malicious actions.

But, these are two people; they are Turkish, true, and they are people who ruined the game, true, but it is insufficient evidence to immediately generalize the entire Turkish community as evil, and malicious. Let's not even play statistics, where almost all of the statistics people write on their signatures (e.g. "95% turks dupe, use KOXP, etc") are inaccurate, incorrect, and invalid. From an English-speaker's perspective, a person believes that any foreigner is inherently bad; this is entirely psychologically true. Perhaps the magnitude of the word "bad" varies from person to person, but a negative connotation is immediately placed on those who are illiterate in English. This is entirely fine, and I'm sure that many will agree with me when I say that THAT classification is inevitable.

However, what is NOT unavoidable, is the fact that we all classify Turks as evil, duping, hacking people. That simply isn't fair, and it only encourages the stereotype to continue; it does not encourage any sort of reinvocation of righteousness.

What I'm trying to say here is, those posts such as "lol look duh it's a turk, course he dupes" need to stop. Go ahead and bash the cheaters, I honestly don't care. If they're Turkish, fine, that's just a description of the person, but don't take it further than that. Take each individual for his or her own merit, don't take each person for their classification's generalizations.

Banned

The reason I hate turks is because 99% of the cheaters are indeed turks. Not 99% of turks, but 99% of the non-legit players. I have met a few nice turks, most of them I meet are total whackoff's, and use koxp. Usually, the nice turks that I have met, don't even live in turkey. I know that all turks aren't cheaters, and some of them are actually nice, but in my experience with the game, nearly all of them that I meet, are assholes.

The reason I hate turks is because 99% of the cheaters are indeed turks. Not 99% of turks, but 99% of the non-legit players. I have met a few nice turks, most of them I meet are total whackoff's, and use koxp. Usually, the nice turks that I have met, don't even live in turkey. I know that all turks aren't cheaters, and some of them are actually nice, but in my experience with the game, nearly all of them that I meet, are assholes.[/b]
    i wouldnt say 99% maybe 60% there are a lot more english speaking cheaters than u think. there are several scammers in this forum just waiting for some1's trust just to scam them. the most infamous scammers/hackers are english speaking as well...

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Lutz, i think u forgot the most biggest factor in all of this. Its turkish mentality. We are viewing them from "western" world perspctive and judge them with "western" standards. However, we simply cannot forget that they are an islam country. They see the world from a bit diffrent angle.

Lutz, i think u forgot the most biggest factor in all of this. Its turkish mentality. We are viewing them from "western" world perspctive and judge them with "western" standards. However, we simply cannot forget that they are an islam country. They see the world from a bit diffrent angle.[/b]
    not rly true.. they dont bind the religion into the game. and most players are NOT -13 kids. the big boys in netcafe's are young and wanna live free instead of pray 5 times in a day.

JesusBuffs.. i dont get it why you try to let a LOT of turks look like cheater/idiots/kiddys etc. IF you try to find nice ppl then look around..
    if you go check Spoiler spot, sure, you wont find a noncheating turk. im SURE that you are also one of the Sighunter, that tries to get a funny sentence of a turk.
    and what the fuck? 99% of the cheaters are turks? A BIG ROFLMAO PLS! check fg and you will screw of the big english speaking community of cheating.
    sometimes, ppl shouldnt say anything b4 they dont know the facts...

lutz, you are right. But what are you trying to do? ppl will never stop to say turks=koxp or something. just like jesusbuffs(no offense)

The reason I hate turks is because 99% of the cheaters are indeed turks. Not 99% of turks, but 99% of the non-legit players. I have met a few nice turks, most of them I meet are total whackoff's, and use koxp. Usually, the nice turks that I have met, don't even live in turkey. I know that all turks aren't cheaters, and some of them are actually nice, but in my experience with the game, nearly all of them that I meet, are assholes.[/b]
    Let me say the fact that most of the Turks playing ko are 14-20 year old ppl who dont cheat, hence most of them dont even know how to cheat. Only reason we cant stand Turks is because they taking things too fast as offensive language and swear too fast without any reason. Saying, 99% of the Turks cheat just shows the fact you are plain ignorant. When KO came out, it was not the Turkish ppl who ruined this game, it were the Chinese/koreans. They duped the shit out, KOXP 24/7 in Abyss and spoiled the market with duplicates.

TBH, I dont hate turks at all, I just cant stand many Turkish kids play this game and pm me continious in Turkish, while this game is English. If I respond: "Sorry mate, this is an English game", i'll get most likely swear sentences in Turkish which I do not understand at all. Thats why we hate them, swearing and talking non stop in turkish, not because they cheat. Most hardcore cheaters are non turkish but are Asians.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

not rly true.. they dont bind the religion into the game. and most players are NOT -13 kids. the big boys in netcafe's are young and wanna live free instead of pray 5 times in a day.[/b]
    No, sry i just had a wrong set of words. By islamic countrys i didnt mean religion. I mean general mentality. They see things diffrently than for example we do. Religion plays a big role in culture of a nation, specially with such powerful religion as islam. This also alters the way they think and react with surroundings. But religion is not what i ment.

Well, english aint my native language so its kinda hard for me to explain things. Sry.

Banned

think of how many cheating clans there are in diez, about what, 3-4? elegance killedby codename blah blah, now think of ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the rest of the turks out there, not EVERY single turkish person cheats, there are over 2000 people that play on diez, and only a HANDFUL of them cheat and most of the ones that actually do cheat arent even turkish

Cocaine

I blame the niggers.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

I blame the niggers.[/b]
    i blame the chink

I'd say my two sense but i dont plan on getting banned this weekend

but the biggest problem with ur post is u leave out cafe owners ur only talking about patek and blackwinds who only seem to fucked with one server when caeser and his cafee of hooligans whose names are all notorius even within k2's staff for being rampant dupers cheaters and hackers have gone to every server and continue to even when being banned immediatly. They sell koxp in there cafe , they hack the db and hack even there own customers charging money for them to get there chars back , they inject items and sell them for usd or ytl (watever turks use) , and they also abuse every bug as if its a legit present from allah .

Also dont even go to blame the "americans" or watever for generalizing the turks because the makers/owners of this games are the ones who use the term "RAMPANT" so often to explain how badly turks dupe hack cheat and bug abuse . At this point when a dupe method is released k2 is ip banning turkey until its fixed this very own forum was forced to ip ban lots of turkey because of ddos its there nature.

Banned

Well I play on manes, and when I pm a koxper telling them I sent gm a message, I never get back an english sentence. I always get back sie a.q your mom nuts mouth good muahaha. So I will say that on manes, 99% of the koxpers I come across are turk. Sure there are alot of english speaking dupers, hackers, and koxpers. Either way I don't like most of the turks, I never will like most of the turks, and if you have a problem with me not likeing most of the turks, then you can kiss my ass. I haven't met enough nice, noncheating turks on manes to change my opinion about them.

ok again. you see at every spot a koxper? dont think so, i played also alot of usko servers and found about 20-30 cheating guys AT THE SAME TIME

but in same time there are nonkoxping ppls around moradon, eslant, cz(few koxper), ardream (contains a big part of cheaters)

Banned

ofc not all turks are bad. most of them are actually pretty nice and will try to speak english if u dont tell them to go fuck muhammad cuz u cant understand them. i have good turks on my msn. it is true tho at least 70% of the turks have cheated in some way (i.e dupe,koxp,w/e). even as i type there is a turk koxping a DF...but that dont mean all are bad

Phosgene

lutz are u dating a turkish girl ?
    and to the point - as maqyk say , its all about the islamic mentality . i know it sounds racist but look around(not in ko , around the world .) .myself , and i am sure that many other people , can say that if no islamic people there had been no problems in this world .
    its all about the mentality , the values that they receive from home and way of life .
    their nature is furious and pissed off , other wise how could u explain that english speaking gamers would say ok or would not answer when getting a negative answer for an ask , while turkish gamers(and yes , its only turkish) would start flaming your family , ancient fathers and even mother in law ?
    its all about mentality . the western mentality is nothing like islamic mentality and thats why islamic and western world will always be in a constant fight , forever .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast