Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A Note on Racism

This is a discussion on A Note on Racism within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; not adding a good reply but can't this kind of racism be banned? http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...33173&st=20 by EGZO, his 1st and 2nd, ...
Page: 3

Pr0p

not adding a good reply
    but can't this kind of racism be banned?
    http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...33173&st=20

by EGZO, his 1st and 2nd, bit of disgrace to as he says 'black' people ?

sjaakie

English players cheats (almost) just as much as turks.

English players cheats (almost) just as much as turks.[/b]

yeah just as much as turks eat bacon as they drink there milk while there pa shoots a cow in the back yard for supper

lutz are u dating a turkish girl ?
    and to the point - as maqyk say , its all about the islamic mentality . i know it sounds racist but look around(not in ko , around the world .) .myself , and i am sure that many other people , can say that if no islamic people there had been no problems in this world .
    its all about the mentality , the values that they receive from home and way of life .
    their nature is furious and pissed off , other wise how could u explain that english speaking gamers would say ok or would not answer when getting a negative answer for an ask , while turkish gamers(and yes , its only turkish) would start flaming your family , ancient fathers and even mother in law ?
    its all about mentality . the western mentality is nothing like islamic mentality and thats why islamic and western world will always be in a constant fight , forever .[/b]
    ive dated a turkish girl and i still hate turks (broke up in 1 week, stupid slut)

Jesusr0x

i blame the white trash

The turkish=cheaters generalization based on KO is similar to when someone says "All the asians do is study", "all black people quit school", "all latin americans are dirty" or "all the white folks watch american idol and live in trailers". Is a generalization made from facts that is extened to a whole. Of course not all turks cheat/scam, but there's a very big percent of them that do so, so most people tend to call turks cheaters. Personally, I rather judge someone by it's actions, if I know a turk, I don't think they are cheaters until there's a proof of it.

On the other hand, if you talk about this to a grown up turkish player, they'll tell you that the ones that ruin Turkey's reputation in gaming are mostly the kids in cyber cafe that do not speak english, do not understand the game, and don't have enough time to be good at it legitly, so they use cheats, such as 3rd party tools or duping methods. Thye are a big part of the KO comunity, and you can see them at your local El Morad/Karus nation lvling spots, yet is unfair for the turkish legit players to be called cheaters just because of this main group, as Lutz said.

But racism is something that has been with humankind for it's whole history, and if to make it stop in real life is hard enough already, what makes you think that stop it in the Internet, where anonymity is comon and people are free to express without major consecuences, is something possible?[/b]
    YES. Exactly my point blame the white trash Liberals! I'm gonna get banned by Lutz cause he's a Liberal Californian.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

I'm not banning anyone here; why would I? It's just a post in the Off Topic section. If I wanted to I would make a rule on the announcements if I wanted to ban for this...

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

YES. Exactly my point blame the white trash Liberals! I'm gonna get banned by Lutz cause he's a Liberal Californian.[/b]
    so what exactly is wrong with liberals? damn those liberals for having an open mind! if only they would just follow those 200+ year old laws that in no way apply to todays world everything would be fine!

Zan_

Wow...I´m amazed how stupid some people are.
    Some people in this topic blamed "islam" for turks acting the way they do.
    Most of the turkish players are not more religious than any of you americans(or from whatever part of the world the rest is from)
    I assume every american in here go to church every sunday then? ^_^

I am a actually "one of those muslims" that the whole world blames, everytime something bad happends (I´m not a turk though)

Anyway back to topic...

All turks don´t cheat/scam/talk shit about ur familiy etc.
    Saying that is just being ignorant, like so many before me already have stated.

You would be amazed by how many "english-speaking" players that cheat.

The reason why we noticed the turks more is because of those 13 year old kids in the net cafés that use arrowshower hack while having daggers on. :huh:
    A english-speaking player is little more discreet.

You guys already forgotten how people used to do in the old KO/KE??
    "English-speaking" players koxping in discreet spots until a fairly high level and then changing the name :lol:

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Wow...I´m amazed how stupid some people are.
    Some people in this topic blamed "islam" for turks acting the way they do.
    Most of the turkish players are not more religious than any of you americans(or from whatever part of the world the rest is from)
    I assume every american in here go to church every sunday then? ^_^[/b]
    Islamic mentality aint accurate but it aint wrong also. I said TURKISH mentality, not that hard to understand what it means. Religion has almost nothing to do with this. A little but not as much how little turks are raised and what they see and hear all day around them.

Also, there are americans who see the world how it is and there are those who still belive that God made all and deny Darwins theory of evoloution and "big bang". Same as there are many turks who ask swift and buff in the name of Allah and there are those who hate their country.

Samuel12 Senior Member Samuel12's Avatar

thats a very nice point luke

Jesusr0x

so what exactly is wrong with liberals? damn those liberals for having an open mind! if only they would just follow those 200+ year old laws that in no way apply to todays world everything would be fine![/b]
    Liberals always say they are open minded? Tell me about those Liberals at a Columbia University banging on the conference room doors while Ann Coulter was speaking?

Aba

TBH I think lutz is right about the whole unfair Turkish discrimination thing. Turkish people are okay people. Just like the others players in the game are okay people. GENERALLY.

The thing is, it is very easy for us to accuse Turkish people of being the cause of most of the problems on KO simply because of their shear numbers. Let me elaborate.

How many times can you think of, in which case, someone was scammed, almost scammed, hacked, almost hacked, or even just insulted ingame, where the culprit (villain, bad-doer, etc) was a turk? MANY TIMES. The way I'm sure most of you explain this is: USUALLY, turks are the bad guys. Hence, the Turks are the problem. Suddenly, everyone hates Turkish people.

Now, let me ask you another question; How many "ENGLISH" players can you think of that are scammers? Hacker? Worse?

MANY! PFK, VJE, CHARLIE, KOM! Some of the most famous "Game-ruiners" in this damn game are "English" players.

Now, of course...I know you're not stupid. You knew this already...so how do we explain the many many more circumstances in which the TURKS are the problem? Easy.

Let's face it. There are more Turkish people than English people in USKO now. At least in DIEZ I KNOW there is. Many more. Probably the same in every server. We have to accept that. More people...more probability. Sure, in our own little diverse KO community it's easy to judge people like we do...based on the fact that they're Turkish. Hell, even I find humor in the steriotype. But you would never do that to someone's face. In real life, you'd give them an honest judgement like anyone else. If you meet a Turkish person on the street and he asks you for directions...are you immediately going to assume..."SHIT! He's gonna scam me..." :P I don't think so.

My point is, you just can't let things like the community, peer pressure, and the numbers convince you that all Turkish people are bad guys...they're just like us. There are bad eggs everywhere. You have to find them...not guess on them...otherwise...you may end up passing up some of the greatest experiences of your life that might have only been possible with Turkish people...they're just ordinary people like us.

My two cents..and I know I rambled. I&#39;ve just always felt strongly about this topic. SORRY! :P <33

Your post is probably the most intelligent out of the mod&#39;s attempts to discuss this subject.

Firstly it is not a question of racism, it is xenophobia; it does make a big difference. If a black man dupes in KO, it would be racist to assume that all blacks are dupers. The only thing that ties them is the colour of their skin and nothing else. So assuming an artificial link between all blacks would be irrational.

Nationality is a dubious bond, but there exists real ties between turkish citizens. When people think about turkish cheating, it is impossible to ignore the culture there of cybercafes selling cheats and hacked items, and kids under the legal age being encouraged to play in cybercafes. Therefore I feel that while criticising turks is somewhat lazy and brash, it isn&#39;t wholly unrepresentative of the truth. The problem of turkish cheating is very real, it is not a question of arabs cheating, or eastern europeans, it is concentrated in one country in particular. The PC crowd are so oversensitive to any controversial opinions, that they are damaging attempts to discuss the problem seriously. Countries with poor cafe policies, unenforced laws and high truency levels will always have a higher level of cheating than countries that avoid these problems. If you go into any cafe in my city on a weekday, you won&#39;t see any cheating period. You won&#39;t see any kids because they are at school, it is a completely different culture.

I have always felt that the politically-correct are just people too scared to get to the root of a subject at the expense of hurting peoples feelings. It really doesn&#39;t help at all when people cry wolf about racism constantly. I feel that the only mod who grasps the situation is eric, which is a shame. I think maybe it is an age/education issue. We need people to be less patriotic, and to admit that their own country has particular failings. I have talked to some older turks who can also appreciate the problem for what it is and share my views.

Aba

Has Eric even posted? O_o

Banned

Has Eric even posted? O_o[/b]
    you touch yourself

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast