Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Obama finally made it in! YAY!

This is a discussion on Obama finally made it in! YAY! within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; well its history, first black president. i think its cool. off topic: soon Australia will have an Aboriginal prime minister!...
Page: 3

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

well its history, first black president. i think its cool.

off topic: soon Australia will have an Aboriginal prime minister!

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i lol'd...finally a chuck norris joke that involves chuck getting owned xD

Banned

they said his middle name during the oath...............

and u should be lucky, there shouldnt even been a prayer...that sickened me they turned the inaugeration into a church surmon(sp?) mixed with a little black pride parade.....who fucking cares hes black? jesus people are idiots treat him like any other person imo and leave the race part the fuck out of it[/b]
    I was talking about when they were announcing them as they came out of that door. The only reason they had a prayer is because thats what the presidents before them had, and he too is a religious man(maybe not a correct one, but one none the less).

The race part will never be left out, everyone brings it up and up over and over again everytime they say first black president. I wouldn't give a fuck if he was purple as long as he had the right policies.

About this change bullshit, change is just a campaign slogan not a real thing.

I have to agree with whoever above me said about the race vote. It sickens me to know that 2/3's of this election was based solely on race both McCain's way and Obama's way. I honestly can't believe that is what the people around me think about, disgusting.

Banned

I personally have nothing against Obama, but it sickens me to know the 2/5 of the people voted for him because of his skin, not his ideas. When I was at school, while he was taking oath, every African American in the class started screaming, I quote, " YAY!! I GOT A BLACK PRESIDENT." and you can see what is wrong with that. Everyone is not like this, Obama seems to be a good man, and I hope he can change things, Bush certainly didn't help, and I would prefer, anyone, in office over Bush.[/b]
    I see

The investors knew that sub-prime mortgages were what backed the securities. It was in the god damn name, sub-prime. They knew what they were buying into was risky and likely to bite them on the ass at some point. They just hoped they could get in, make a bunch of money out of it, and then sell it off before the pendulum of inevitability decided to swing back. Some did, many didn't. And even those that didn't usually had money with people who did. You see the domino effect happening.

The bank had all the paperwork forged by the buyer/broker/another bank and had a responsibility to review it for how much B.S. it actually contained. They didn't because they knew they'd just sell it to someone else who would sell it to someone else. They forgot that they all owned a bunch of stock of both those levels of buyers and themselves, causing the obvious problem of screwing over others to make money and then making all that money dependant on those you just screwed over. Welcome to screwed ville. However, because so many people were doing this in so many places and wrapping more and money money up in it, all of a sudden you have companies owing everyone money but only debt. So those companies that were owed the debt don't get money so they can't pay their debts, and well, see your local business page for how thats worked out.

And I do believe in the new and old theory, given that I work for boeing, more or less. Aircraft ordering contracts are signed several years in advance. Boeing and airbus had long term contracts to produce planes for several years when the Towers came down. Several years later they introduced much newer and better planes touting more passengers for less gas at the exact time airlines saw the limiting factors of old plane fleets and a dwindling oil supply. So, do you suffer increasing maintenance and fuel costs of the same/older generation planes you have, or do you start to phase them out when an actual improvement is made? Take a quick guess.

Yes Obama is 'mixed,' but compared to all but 1 of the 43 previous presidents, he makes Tupac look like he could join a country club. The 1 exception being Clinton, who was pretty close to acting black, but who's presidency made everyone yawn so who gives a shit.[/b]
    The thing is, that you, as a banker, can not control the one after your next. If a broker does something with your money you are pretty much fucked.

Lehman Brothers Holding Inc has declared bankruptcy. One big reason was subprime mortgage.

If an American bank can not control the money flow with the brokers in America giving mortgage to 3rd's, how is an European bank able to? They simple couldn't see that. They could speculate, but not be certain.

The Boeing story is for me way to fishy. As a corporation, you have to give a secured image to outside and your investors. Once it comes out that Boeing or any other corporation has financial problems, they will back out of the deal and secure their money.
    It's like UBS bank. When they were (which came out later) almost at the bottom, they said "It's still stable and we are optimistic." However, a few weeks later the state had to send a help package of 60 billion SFr. (Swiss franks).
    It is a routine for any firm to look save to outside.

And you have to admit it, that it's mostly the America's fault. Look. Even the trends come from the states.
    In America, for first time managers started to give themselves bonus. The trend swapped over to Europe. Germany solved the problem by making fix maximum loan in a year. Switzerland is a bit slower in that aspect.
    Christoph Blocher (Swiss politician) said:
    In incorperated companies with thousands or even hundredthousands of owners you are allowed to see parallels to communism: Here also the property is the one of a lot - to be exactly all. But that also means meanwhile: Noone.
    And this way a nomenklatura forms, that maintain the property, but then use it without getting punished for own purpose.

Christoph Blocher: "A incorporated company, belongs to the investors and not their manager."

Did you know that the 93% of the annual revenue of Marcel Ospel was only his himself own given "bonus"?

Make your own opinion.

I kinda enjoy that black people are happy that Obama is the president, but they overdo it. They act like if 50cent could be the next president of the U.S.A.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Young Jeezy Ft. Nas "My President Is Black")</div>
    So
    Gotta Stay True To Who You Are And Where You Came From[/b]
    As if Barrack Obama ever has worn golden chains and pants to the knees

Your an idiot. Anyone who claims to have any knowledge about the financial crisis knows that unless America&#39;s economy fixes itself, it makes it much less likely that any other one will.[/b]
    Swearing to make a statement but yet I see nothing relevant in this post. You call me an idiot without any arguement prooving i&#39;m wrong. Nice.

You cant deny the fact that US caused this crisis with giving out too easily loans which causes a giant increase of Trash Loans. Due the interbanking system, alot of banks all around the world got troubles which lead to this international crisis.

Anyways, im basicly too lazy to write up a decent explanation. I just find it funny to read that Americans think they are able to solve this alone. Economics is something worldwide and not much country related. You only can boost some things on the short term, but that wont change much on the longterm.

The thing is, that you, as a banker, can not control the one after your next. If a broker does something with your money you are pretty much fucked.

Lehman Brothers Holding Inc has declared bankruptcy. One big reason was subprime mortgage.

If an American bank can not control the money flow with the brokers in America giving mortgage to 3rd&#39;s, how is an European bank able to? They simple couldn&#39;t see that. They could speculate, but not be certain.[/b]
    Fact is that Europe banks ignored the signs of many experts. The EU interbanking system was fine, but we got the shit cuz the giant amount of US trashloans. If you saw the conditions of US banks giving out loans, it was incredible.

Here in EU, max 1/3 of your income can go to paying back a loan. I heard in US, you could go to 2/3 of your income can go to pay back your loan.

Here in EU, max 1/3 of your income can go to paying back a loan. I heard in US, you could go to 2/3 of your income can go to pay back your loan.[/b]
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?[/b]
    Basicly US banks set no conditions to give out loans

Bad conditions --> alot ppl cant pay back their loan --> banks dont receive their money back --> Interbanking system in trouble --> banks dont trust eachother anymore --> crisis

Xtr3m3

19 days left (second week of Feb)...make the countdown you guys It should be interesting...if this guy is right...

they said his middle name during the oath...............

and u should be lucky, there shouldnt even been a prayer...that sickened me they turned the inaugeration into a church surmon(sp?) mixed with a little black pride parade.....who fucking cares hes black? jesus people are idiots treat him like any other person imo and leave the race part the fuck out of it[/b]
    yeh now that he&#39;s elected its ok to say hussien but seriously cama does tradition mean nething to you ? tradition is the reason this country is as great as it is today and saying a prayer is tradition don&#39;t like it ? ... gtfo

Always able to slip in a bit of racism in eh private? I honestly thought you were simply an over zealous right wing tool, but now all I see is a pathetic racist.

And yes vandy, alot of black people "changed" because now it&#39;s proven and shown that they have a real chance to be president and make a change one day if they so desire. Obama had NO ONE to help him on his way, he is not washington royalty. This is the main historical value of Obama being elected.[/b]
    .... racism or truth i live in detroit i know a hell of alot more about race then you ever will

and who&#39;s the fucking tool eric u must really believe no one helped him which just shows how brainwashed you are , you probly still think ayers is just someone from his hood if factcheck.org is still up i suggest u read it because they&#39;ve updated it since we "followed the money"

its historic because he&#39;s african american and had no experience u know it u just hate to admit it the guy ran after gwbush in a recession

Xtr3m3

Hate to say it but...I have to agree with Private on "Obama had NO ONE to help him on his way" part. He spend in his campaign over 800 million, most was donate to him by lots of people(the majority were college/universities students all over the U.S). I&#39;m actually surprise how quickly he rose to the top...

runordie

No matter how hard you try, the race card is always played some where...

About the economy, it sucks, Mom is a Realtor, and my Dad works for Citi, I know all about the problem, I get annoyed hearing people talk about how bad it is, what caused it, that&#39;s old news. Think about the future and where it&#39;s going, and think of new ideas of what to do. This whole TARP thing isn&#39;t working out. I think money should not be given out to banks until they go through all of their books and figure how much they really lost through all of this. But, I think, instead of helping the banks with the troubled assets, help out the people, but there is no good way to do that without causing a shit load of fraud. The problem started with people buying houses they can&#39;t afford, everyone knows that. Then the problem went into the banking/mortgage system. I say start where the problem began, but like I said before, there is no good way to do it without causing s shit load of fraud.

Hate to say it but...I have to agree with Private on "Obama had NO ONE to help him on his way" part. He spend in his campaign over 800 million, most was donate to him by lots of people(the majority were college/universities students all over the U.S). I&#39;m actually surprise how quickly he rose to the top...[/b]
    LOL 800 million, are you fucked?

umm actually it was a little over 800 million that was raised by his own campaign thats not even mentioning the money raised by supporters such as the united auto workers who raised over 300 million (who fought for bailout?) and of the 800 million obama raised 1/3 of it was raised with out knowing the names of the donors which should be illegal but isn&#39;t because government is fucked

and the whole problem with the dollar amount is that he made his political debut stating he would take public financing then when he acutally ran for president he said he wouldn&#39;t take public financing because of loop holes and then abused those very loopholes the man is a liar and well get 8 years of it and god forbid another "progressive" ... liberal mind fucking president

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast