one random question i was asking myself

This is a discussion on one random question i was asking myself within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; why religion ? why do people fight about religion ? why do they kill other people just because of basically... ...
Page: 1

why religion ? why do people fight about religion ? why do they kill other people just because of basically... thoughts ?

just wondering why religion and not something more.. concret is that the word ? i mean opposite of abstract ;_;

i'm dumb i kno

Imo it's because some / most people need something to beleive in, and religion also means hope or a cause to live for.
    Most simple answer, could go into detail but that's basically it. Extreme muslims are just brainwashed.

evilwevel

invented by humans to explain things they couldn't explain back then (earthquakes, afterlife, etc.) some people still believe in it today, why ? because they don't know anything else. they've been raised with it and they will hold on to it. if they were raised in another religion or in a family that absolutely doesn't care about religion they would be just as fanatic about the other religion.

tolgahan

Extreme muslims are just brainwashed.[/b]
    dude that was the best answer i saw until i created an account here.After u ,i think others were really idiots . lol .

arca it is called "humans", u ll never find the reason coz human stupity has no limit.(not u. dont get it wrong. i mean stupid ppl who fight n dont know why )

dude that was the best answer i saw until i created an account here.After u ,i think others were really idiots . lol .

arca it is called "humans", u ll never find the reason coz human stupity has no limit.(not u. dont get it wrong. i mean stupid ppl who fight n dont know why )[/b]

Huh... U mean that in a positive or negative way. You really have a strange way of putting thoughts into words, lol.

Human beings, in general, can't live without an answer to something.
    If we really cannot find an answer, then we're more than willing to make one up.
    This is where religion comes in.

A longggg time ago, nobody could explain so many things, they didn't have an answer.
    So they came up with religion, God, to explain it all.

If you ask me, it's only the intelligent who question religion.
    As people get more and more smart (gradually IQ goes up with evolution), more and more people question religion.
    Think even 50-100 years ago, NOBODY questioned religion.
    It was unheard of.
    There are now tons of people who do not believe in any of it.
    It will all soon come to an end, mark my words.

I myself will never believe in anything of the sort, and I don't feel the least bit sorry for the millions of people who have died fighting over it.
    These are some pretty bold thoughts, I'll probably get banned or something.
    Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me.

P.S. - ilu diego
    :wub:

<(^^,)> i madez an important topicz ^_^

tolgahan

Huh... U mean that in a positive or negative way. You really have a strange way of putting thoughts into words, lol.[/b]
    lol sorry it is coz of my bad english. i meant u well said. positive.

TunaFishyMe

actually this topic is horrible since it has been discussed on so many different level and it never gets anywhere.

As for religion being faded away, that would never happen. And if it does, it would be "soon"
    In this world, there are more people who are religious than those who arent. Religion will never disappear lol

Mens

^you fucker^
    Human beings, in general, can&#39;t live without an answer to something.
    If we really cannot find an answer, then we&#39;re more than willing to make one up.

A longggg time ago, nobody could explain so many things, they didn&#39;t have an answer.

If you ask me, it&#39;s only the intelligent who question religion.
    As people get more and more smart (gradually IQ goes up with evolution), more and more people question religion.
    It was unheard of.

I myself will never believe in anything of the sort, and I don&#39;t feel the least bit sorry for the millions of people who have died fighting over it.
    These are some pretty bold thoughts, I&#39;ll probably get banned or something.
    Just my opinion, you don&#39;t have to agree with me.

P.S. - ilu diego
    :wub:[/b]
    People have been questioning religon long before 100 years ago. I guarntee religon will not end, ecspecialy not "soon".

Banned

to have some one contridict what they believe in BASED there whole life on to have it proven wrong , im guessing most people would be pushed over the edge and not want too hear such things.

kinda stupid really too kill because others believe in something else, in a way im guessing it contrdicts what they believe in , if its cathlic , THOW SHALT NOT KILL.

wars start with one power ful guy arguing with another power guy in most cases.

shell shocked ...yeh i agree with , but not the choice of words ,

extreme muslims are what this topic is based on with out labeling tho , in a way im guessin its there life style if a muslim is born in the uk or usa and they live there from day of birth are they as EXTREME , would they start fighting with other people because of there choice of religion?

The intellectual elite have always known religion to be bullshit, but they used it instead to gain power over the people. People like Socrates thousands of years ago noted this and it has since been discussed by many philosophers, most notably Freud. He goes so far as to call it a mental illness. So it is not a new thing at all to question it.

Religion will only "fade away" when humans evolve beyond its necessity. Also education and living standards around the world have to improve. There is a direct link between education and religious cynicism. I don&#39;t just mean school education, I think that parents teaching their kids religion is child abuse and brainwashing no different than the creation of the Hitler Youth movement.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Human beings, in general, can&#39;t live without an answer to something.
    If we really cannot find an answer, then we&#39;re more than willing to make one up.

A longggg time ago, nobody could explain so many things, they didn&#39;t have an answer.

If you ask me, it&#39;s only the intelligent who question religion.
    It was unheard of.

I myself will never believe in anything of the sort, and I don&#39;t feel the least bit sorry for the millions of people who have died fighting over it.
    These are some pretty bold thoughts, I&#39;ll probably get banned or something.
    Just my opinion, you don&#39;t have to agree with me.

P.S. - ilu diego
    :wub:[/b]
    I like the way he put it :mellow:

ignaz

´´extreme muslims´´ i guess you mean terrorists
    they are no muslims nor are they extreme muslims. they are islamists

calling terrorists muslims(extreme or not) is a strong insult for every believing muslim

same counts for bush. he is no christian

little thing:
    the Vatican teaches giving/brotherlove while they are one of the richests organisations of the world.they are soooo damn rich you cant imagin
    they sit on their mountain of gold while millions over millions africans die every year cause of no food/water/medicaments
    something with christianity-or the people who claim to be- is wrong

When I said NOBODY questioned religion in the past centuries, I meant that they didn&#39;t do it with pride.
    If someone was to go around flaunting that they&#39;re an atheist, they would face severe circumstances.
    Now look at it.

There&#39;s SO many people who either don&#39;t care, or are against religion.
    Now, religion may not ever completely die, but I feel that it is quickly coming to an end.

We get smarter and religion doesn&#39;t change.
    There&#39;s only one possible outcome in the long run.