Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

ottoman?

This is a discussion on ottoman? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally posted by ayu+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ayu)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-lutz Ottoman Empire was never a great empire, and has existed since early B.C.'s. *It's ...
Page: 2

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by ayu+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ayu)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-lutz
    Ottoman Empire was never a great empire, and has existed since early B.C.'s. *It's been formed and destroyed over and over, only used as a tool for ambitions, such as in the 1800's where Russia "abused" the Ottoman Empire to gain control in the Black Sea, and invaded it in the Crimean War, completly demolishing the empire and taking much of their land.

In essence

TURKEY ALWAYS LOST, AND THEY WERE A FUCKING TOOL. o.O;
    u have got a brain as small as a bird's brain.Ottoman Empire was the dominant nation of world for centuries and there was no helper nation (england-USA) for them.U learn a fake history go search a real history book or site and STOP ATTACKING TURKS AND OTTOS.[/b]
    Real history book? So, is there a fake history book? The one I'm reading is 1,032 pages long, weighs 50 pounds and takes 5 weeks to read at the pace of 3 hours a day.

Ottoman Empire was never great, their only true accomplishment was the capture of Constantinople (now Istanbul zzzz) and that was for "helping" in the dismantling of the Roman Empire under one of the Constantines. They got owned in the 15th and 16th century by the invasion of the northern Turkish territory, and had to CRY TO RUSSIA to gain back the territory they lost. They lost it again in the 17th century :lol: And then in the 18th century they got owned.

I guess the only accomplishment that they had was escaping the Revolutions of 1848, but then again, Turkish people have nothing to revolt against, they'll all too submissive and really have no minds for themselves xD

1 more thing - in history, it always showed that Ottomans (Turks) had to cheat to earn their money, and the main reason for their fall was their economic decline because of modernization of the banking systems, they couldn't cheat to get their money anymore. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A GAME WE KNOW OF?

evenson

Originally posted by lutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lutz)</div>
    Originally posted by ayu@
    <!--QuoteBegin-lutz

Ottoman Empire was never a great empire, and has existed since early B.C.'s. *It's been formed and destroyed over and over, only used as a tool for ambitions, such as in the 1800's where Russia "abused" the Ottoman Empire to gain control in the Black Sea, and invaded it in the Crimean War, completly demolishing the empire and taking much of their land.

In essence

u have got a brain as small as a bird's brain.Ottoman Empire was the dominant nation of world for centuries and there was no helper nation (england-USA) for them.U learn a fake history go search a real history book or site and STOP ATTACKING TURKS AND OTTOS.
    Real history book? So, is there a fake history book? The one I'm reading is 1,032 pages long, weighs 50 pounds and takes 5 weeks to read at the pace of 3 hours a day.

Ottoman Empire was never great, their only true accomplishment was the capture of Constantinople (now Istanbul zzzz) and that was for "helping" in the dismantling of the Roman Empire under one of the Constantines. They got owned in the 15th and 16th century by the invasion of the northern Turkish territory, and had to CRY TO RUSSIA to gain back the territory they lost. They lost it again in the 17th century :lol: And then in the 18th century they got owned.

I guess the only accomplishment that they had was escaping the Revolutions of 1848, but then again, Turkish people have nothing to revolt against, they'll all too submissive and really have no minds for themselves xD

1 more thing - in history, it always showed that Ottomans (Turks) had to cheat to earn their money, and the main reason for their fall was their economic decline because of modernization of the banking systems, they couldn't cheat to get their money anymore. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A GAME WE KNOW OF?[/b]
    Remember kids, Spouting useless knowledge from a useless text to impress people on the internet makes your penis bigger!

Garmonbozia

Yea, isn't looks a GREAT empire. LMAO
    Don't waste your money for bullshits, just back to school and learn some history ignorant kid.

Jimbo

Originally posted by evenson+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evenson)</div>
    Originally posted by lutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lutz)
    <!--QuoteBegin-ayu
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-lutz

In essence

u have got a brain as small as a bird's brain.Ottoman Empire was the dominant nation of world for centuries and there was no helper nation (england-USA) for them.U learn a fake history go search a real history book or site and STOP ATTACKING TURKS AND OTTOS.

1 more thing - in history, it always showed that Ottomans (Turks) had to cheat to earn their money, and the main reason for their fall was their economic decline because of modernization of the banking systems, they couldn't cheat to get their money anymore. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A GAME WE KNOW OF?[/b]
    Remember kids, Spouting useless knowledge from a useless text to impress people on the internet makes your penis bigger![/b][/quote]

they would have been better if they had KOSP and Babashoppers :P

hlubik

yeah..Otoman Empire WAS great..in 17th century..but after that, it was smaller and smaller..

..try this noob:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Genghis...t_his_death.png

or this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Map_of_...he_1920%27s.png

or maybe this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Map_of_...t_countries.png

what these empires (and warsaw pact) had common? they WAS big..and now, they r only noob versions of their past versions

what is turkiye now? this small owned country
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:LocationTurkey.png

Garmonbozia

I don't see any picture, try rename to jpg...
    btw. Read topic again.
    Is it "Turkey" or "Ottoman"?
    Pardon?
    Yes, it is Ottoman, not Turkey.
    So?

btw. Warsaw Pact wasn't a state or empire. It was a "pact". Members were: Romania, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Soviets and Albania.

PS. Genghis Khan was a Turk already.

hlubik

Originally posted by Garmonbozia
    I don't see any picture, try rename to jpg...
    btw. Read topic again.
    Is it "Turkey" or "Ottoman"?
    Pardon?
    Yes, it is Ottoman, not Turkey.
    So?
    links repaired (click and see)

turkiye (hope i have right spelling) is only smaller version of ottoman empire as Russian Federation is smaller version of Soviet Union..still same state - only with that difference that nations which russians/turks conquered/took/whatever they do r now free countries

dont cry about past, live in present day

Garmonbozia

I'm not a partisan dude, i'm an anarchist. I don't care nations, flags, borders, religions, beliefs etc. But Ottoman Empire was a GREAT and POWERFUL empire, no doubt. I'm trying teach some history to ignorant kids.

Originally posted by lutz
    Ottoman Empire was never a great empire, blablabla...

hlubik

i never said ottoman wasn't empire..yeah..WAS big, but not great..great was british empire for example..one small country could spread to whole world, conquer it and get hella rich and those nations profited too (mostly)

SuSsSsSsS

Originally posted by ayu+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ayu)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-lutz

In essence

u have got a brain as small as a bird's brain.Ottoman Empire was the dominant nation of world for centuries and there was no helper nation (england-USA) for them.U learn a fake history go search a real history book or site and STOP ATTACKING TURKS AND OTTOS.[/b]
    yes i am with you go learn history and look what is ottoman's power !!!!

SuSsSsSsS

Originally posted by Lordness+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lordness)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-lutz

In essence

Remember 1453 you racist, we still have Istanbul B) Ottomans was never a great empire? Himm, so they caused world to start a new age [/b]
    i want to applaud you

SPectre

Originally posted by Lordness+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lordness)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-lutz

In essence

Remember 1453 you racist, we still have Istanbul B) Ottomans was never a great empire? Himm, so they caused world to start a new age [/b]
    lol lutz u and ur friends r racist
    i m turk and we r ottamans childs
    plz dont forget 29 may 1453

Lordness we diger arkadaslar bu serefsizlere agızlarının paylarını werdikleri için tskkr ederim

Originally posted by SuSsSsSsS+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuSsSsSsS)</div>
    Originally posted by ayu@
    <!--QuoteBegin-lutz

In essence

yes i am with you go learn history and look what is ottoman's power !!!![/b]
    h43r:

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Garmonbozia

Yea, isn't looks a GREAT empire. LMAO
    Don't waste your money for bullshits, just back to school and learn some history ignorant kid.
    That's like saying Russia's a great empire and the true power of the world because it's just so big - the fact is, schisms occured in the entire empire at an early rate, from the 1500's nationalistic identities spurred the idea of revolt. As I've said, THE ONLY REASON WHY THEY GOT SO BIG BECAUSE THEY CHEATED AT ECONOMICS. If you look for Ottoman Economics, they were the first to develop banks, but they were also the first to develop bank scandals, in which deposited money was stolen and really never seen again. The bank scandals therefore was the main source of the Sultan's power, and when the world became more organized in a more Western sense, they were then pushed back, and extraordinarily played by every single country in Europe - in essence, they were the bitches of everyone else.

Not only that, by the advent of nationalism in 1600, nearly every single country broke from Turkish rule and was essentially sliced into several areas. They were considered "part of the empire", but they weren't truly obedient, and the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire was forced to submit to appeasement, in which a form of "self-government" was established in large territories in the Ottoman Empire. They couldn't control their land, and had a reign of not more than a century.

When was the last time the Ottoman Empire did anything good? Nearing the end of the Renaissance, the Turks did nothing except inhibit the developments of self-thought. Tell me, what did they do? Banking sure as hell wasn't established, it was perfected by an economist in Britain. They started it only to scam money, which worked until the decline of the empire. THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING PROGRESSIVE FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD - TELL ME, WHAT HAPPENED EXCEPT UNSTABLE REPRESSION AND A GOVERNMENT OF INSTABILITY AND INABILITY? Nothing =] They conquered territory but couldn't control it, and eventually CONSTANTINOPLE WAS TURNED INTO ISTANBUL, WHERE THEY DISCONNECTED TRADE FROM WESTERN EUROPE AND FUCKED THEMSELVES OVER ONLY TO HAVE CONSEQUENCES IN THE 18TH, 19TH AND 20TH CENTURY.

Learn some history? Please, tell me the last time you got a 5 on the AP European History test, then we'll talk.
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast