Paypayl question

This is a discussion on Paypayl question within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; If someone sends me money via paypal is it instant? Or do I have to wait a few days to ...
Page: 1

Wushu

If someone sends me money via paypal is it instant? Or do I have to wait a few days to get the money?

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

instant

Banned

if you are not verified u cant do shit with the money tho...

ignaz

you get it instantly

if you want the money in your hands, you must send it to your bank account which takes 3-5 days

Hey cutie Senior Member

another question.
    After sending the money to your bank, 3 - 4 days later, the guy does a chargeback, what happens? does the money get deducted from your bank account? not quite sure how that works..

Banned

another question.
    After sending the money to your bank, 3 - 4 days later, the guy does a chargeback, what happens? does the money get deducted from your bank account? not quite sure how that works..[/b]
    im not sure if the money in your bank account its safe, maybe if it's not linked to your pp account as a payment option, it shouldn't.
    i think if you don't have enough money in your PP account at that time to pay for the chargeback (if this "chargeback" is succesful tho, meaning the guy wins it), then your PP balance will show as negative. i.e you sold him something for 250$, and you send that money to ur bank acc, then when the guy cb's you, you have 0$ in your pp balance, then it'd show as -250$, at least thats what i heard, and if others send you money, it'll just have to fill up until your balance goes positive, it kinda sux xD.

Banned Senior Member

if your account has $0 on it when you get a chargeback, you account will go into the negatives. After so long of being in the negatives, Paypal will contact on you how they will receive their payment, either by mail, phone, or eventually a collection agency/small claims court

Banned

Quoted from PayPal's Seller Protection Policy

If the seller loses a Buyer Claim or a chargeback dispute and does not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy, the seller will owe PayPal for the amount of the reversed transaction. In the case of a chargeback, sellers who do not meet the requirements of the Seller Protection Policy will also owe a $10.00 USD chargeback fee. PayPal will seek to recover the funds from sellers by debiting their PayPal balance. If there are not sufficient funds in the seller’s PayPal balance, sellers have a choice of reimbursing PayPal by funding their PayPal account or by other means as described in the Payments Policy.

Quoted from Payments Policy

In the event that the sender's transaction is reversed for any reason and you do not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy for that transaction, you will owe PayPal for the amount of the reversed transaction plus any fees imposed on PayPal as a result of the reversal. Examples of such a reversal include, but are not limited to, a credit card reversal by the sender of the payment, and a reversal of the transaction because the sender of the payment was using a stolen credit card or unauthorized bank account. PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.

PayPal reserves the right, and in certain jurisdictions is required by law, to ask a recipient of a payment for further authentication, identity information documentation, or other information in order for him or her to accept payments in excess of certain limits.

----------------------------------------------------
    Hope it fulfilled your concerns.