Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

pick up trucks

This is a discussion on pick up trucks within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; thinking of buyin a pick up, cant decide if i wanna get a Ford ranger, Toyota Tahcoma chev colorado or ...
Page: 1

thinking of buyin a pick up,

cant decide if i wanna get a
    Ford ranger,
    Toyota Tahcoma
    chev colorado

or any other pick up, any opinions?

Vishnu

thinking of buyin a pick up,

cant decide if i wanna get a
    Ford ranger,
    Toyota Tahcoma
    chev colorado

or any other pick up, any opinions?[/b]
    why do you need it?

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

Get a UBER big pickup and steal all other pickups you want with it!

There is no question about it, get the Toyota. In every circumstance the Tacoma is a better truck. I had a beat up 96 tacoma once I got out of college with 210k miles on it and it still ran great. The only problem I had with it was a dead battery. Toyota's are built to last, and the quality of their engines are only rivaled by Honda. Right now I own a 2003 Tundra and have put 108k miles on it with only oil changes and a timing chain change. Gotta love Japanese trucks.

My brother recently got an 06 tacoma work truck and it's nice, but any year should serve you well. Tacoma's are also very pricey for what they are, you may have to settle for higher miles than you would an American ar but it will still last you longer in the long run. The Ranger/Colorado may be cheaper, but in the long run you will save money due to less repairs. Plus, with a Tacoma you won't hear the squeeks and rattles found in cheap American automobiles.

i knew you were a hick!

oldboy

There is no question about it, get the Toyota. In every circumstance the Tacoma is a better truck. I had a beat up 96 tacoma once I got out of college with 210k miles on it and it still ran great. The only problem I had with it was a dead battery. Toyota's are built to last, and the quality of their engines are only rivaled by Honda. Right now I own a 2003 Tundra and have put 108k miles on it with only oil changes and a timing chain change. Gotta love Japanese trucks.

My brother recently got an 06 tacoma work truck and it's nice, but any year should serve you well. Tacoma's are also very pricey for what they are, you may have to settle for higher miles than you would an American ar but it will still last you longer in the long run. The Ranger/Colorado may be cheaper, but in the long run you will save money due to less repairs. Plus, with a Tacoma you won't hear the squeeks and rattles found in cheap American automobiles.[/b]
    +1 to pretty much all...ford sucks dick plain and simple chevy is kinda in the same boat...maybe a gmc but kinda expensive my uncle has a gmc(cant think of the model) and hes got like 200k+ miles with same everything(just body work has been doen cause he got hit)

i knew you were a hick![/b]
    roflrofl,
    my dad sold his tundra, and now hes gonna sell our quad unless i get a pick up soon,
    and my dog is gettin bigger, soon wont be able to fit in my car lolz

and trucks are way better, last year my and my freinds almost died in two occassions,
    1 driving to jasper (almost hit a moose, truck drove past us at like 130k's 30 secs after, big cloud of smoke dude's truck was fuked, we coulda died in my lil car)

and other time driving to powder king, slide off the road into a snobank, on a hill wouldnt of happend wit 4x4

damn them mooses

LOL MOOSES!

DarK

+1 to pretty much all...ford sucks dick plain and simple chevy is kinda in the same boat...maybe a gmc but kinda expensive my uncle has a gmc(cant think of the model) and hes got like 200k+ miles with same everything(just body work has been doen cause he got hit)[/b]
    my dad's gmc yukon has like 360k+ on it and its almost all still straight from the factory except for a U-joint that was replaced recently O_o

Banned

Oil is not expensive enough, I guess :huh:

FORD= Found off road dead

they are the sux

Banned

id go with the Colorado or the Tahcoma for sure...

Strike

go with the toyota

chevy's are crap(delt with quite a few) and the ranger is just too small. if you want to consider a F-150 or F-250 then maybe the ford if the price is right. GMC's are overpriced chevy's so don't even consider those.

if you want to go used the years to look for for each model are:
    Toyota (V6) 2006, 2005, 2001. avoid the 02-04 yrs unless you want to deal with suspension issues.
    Toyota (V8) 2006, 2005, 2004, 2001. avoid the 02-03 models as these had multiple problems with suspension, fuel systems, drive systems and brakes.

Ford (F-150 4WD) 2006, 2003, 2002, 2001. avoid the 04 and 05 yrs unless the millage is well under 100k for 2004 and under 80k for 2005.
    Ford (F-150 2WD) 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002, 2001. avoid the 2004 unless the millage is well under 100k.

get ford if u wanna keep ur job

still got a 80ish ford out at my grandpas 250 k + miles and running strong like the day he bought it with just normal maintenance and notice how i said farm its been worked hard hauling hay and loads of other shit on dirt roads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast