Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Private Servers

This is a discussion on Private Servers within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Yea but USKO cz, eslant, exp spots, rlb, dcz, moradon merchants all become empty if more and more people go ...
Page: 2

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Yea but USKO cz, eslant, exp spots, rlb, dcz, moradon merchants all become empty if more and more people go to private servers.[/b]
    thats not true...there are COUNTLESS private servers for MANY games, and even with all those private servers full...for example lineage2 private servers, the actual game itself loses barely any revenue

anyway...end moral of the story: hostage is in full support of private servers until he gets banned from a private server, now hes butthurt so he thinks everyone should rally behind his butthurtedness and go against private servers

winner of the hypocrite of the year award goes to..............*drum roll*.....HOSTAGE!!

thats not true...there are COUNTLESS private servers for MANY games, and even with all those private servers full...for example lineage2 private servers, the actual game itself loses barely any revenue
    anyway...end moral of the story: hostage is in full support of private servers until he gets banned from a private server, now hes butthurt so he thinks everyone should rally behind his butthurtedness and go against private servers
    winner of the hypocrite of the year award goes to..............*drum roll*.....HOSTAGE!![/b]
    i want to hug u sir :P

If K2 mgames and the rest of the butterfuck gang didn't fuck up usko so many people wouldn't go to private servers, they can't blame anyone else but themselves.[/b]
    That's very precise.

winner of the hypocrite of the year award goes to..............*drum roll*.....HOSTAGE!![/b]
    :lol:

In which server you played and nickname?

Oh well,

most people who play KO private servers are the ones who quitted and would never spend a single penny on USKO again. So basicly your theory about loosing much revenues isnt right. Hence why even Blizzard doesnt care much about privates, cuz they know it barely makes a diffrence in the end.

Oh well,

most people who play KO private servers are the ones who quitted and would never spend a single penny on USKO again. So basicly your theory about loosing much revenues isnt right. Hence why even Blizzard doesnt care much about privates, cuz they know it barely makes a diffrence in the end.[/b]
    if anything private servers are free publicity for them...people who quit and will never pay go to private servers, no loss to them...and people who are trying the game for the first time and like the game would be enticed to try retail versions of the games for better quality of the game

McGuff1

I gave up on this game a year ago because of all the identical char bot parties and a high level mage monopolizing the mobs so bad you couldn't even do a quest. Too bad. I liked it until then.

Speed_King

Hostage, if your motives were pure it would've been easier to symphatize with your new-found crusade. You mentioned in your post that K2 needs a little help but, in all honesty, what they need help from is themselves. I'd suggest that if you want KO to prosper, leave the private servers alone and devote your energy to doing something about K2 instead. I mean, how long can they continue to do the sweet FA anyway?

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

i have to disagree here.

think about it, why ppl started to make private servers? because usko started to get a lot of bugs and dupes (+9/+10 from nowhere and noone did anything). so ppl got tired, sold their accounts and started on a private server.
    now, as far as i know, is illegal to collect money for selling a virtual ko item ( their pus items) however, if its called donation, the law can do almost nothing. if someone here thinks that if all the ko private servers closes, ppl will actually come back to usko? cmon... usko with all the 123745461234 xp to make 1 lvl against a pv server with fast xp for 0$?

camatoz got a point tho, the pv server makes publicity for usko (jpko and the other normal ko) so ppl want to try them 1st to see if they like the game, is like wow, a lot of ppl who cant afford to pay the 15-16$ start on a private server, and when they find that the original is bugless (skills and stuff) they somehow make money to start playing there.

if anything private servers are free publicity for them...people who quit and will never pay go to private servers, no loss to them...and people who are trying the game for the first time and like the game would be enticed to try retail versions of the games for better quality of the game[/b]
    Well cama, tbh I can see your point but I pretty much disagree.

Most decent games to free trials, so I think new people actually prefer to test out a trial then a private.

Well cama, tbh I can see your point but I pretty much disagree.

Most decent games to free trials, so I think new people actually prefer to test out a trial then a private.[/b]
    lets use wow as an example...wtf can u learn about a game in the first 20 levels? considering thats all wow offers in their trial...u get to play to lvl 20, u cant PM anyone who doesnt have u in their friends list, u cant make parties, u cant trade, u cant use the mailbox, cant use the auction, cant do ANYTHING except level....wtf kinda trial is that? u learn WAY more from playing private servers

oh and fyi IMO chars dont even get fun to play in WoW til lvl 40 or so...lol so their trial is utterly worthless in every aspect

lets use wow as an example...wtf can u learn about a game in the first 20 levels? considering thats all wow offers in their trial...u get to play to lvl 20, u cant PM anyone who doesnt have u in their friends list, u cant make parties, u cant trade, u cant use the mailbox, cant use the auction, cant do ANYTHING except level....wtf kinda trial is that? u learn WAY more from playing private servers

oh and fyi IMO chars dont even get fun to play in WoW til lvl 40 or so...lol so their trial is utterly worthless in every aspect[/b]
    Oh well, you make a point but its personal preference if you ask me.

Most of those games are either buggy/laggy as hell or its corrupt as shit. Wouldnt set a good example imo

wawh

private servers are just for fun...
    like me, i wasted 80 euros on usko and im even ashamed of doing that...

i used 0 euros even made money on private servers and had more fun in the 1 year these myko clients are out than i had in 3 years of usko (except for the first 2 months then)

its your own choice of trying to take down servers... but keep in mind, people are just playing it for fun and you're trying to ruin that because you got banned for trying to sell items for usd
    as for the donations part.. it stays donations, you do not have to pay to play, its your own choice of doing that... and they ask donations because well simply, it costs them money and time to put the server online, its roughly 200 bucks for a simple server a month.

anyway, all in all.. private servers are for fun and people who are not commited to spend 35 bucks a month to get high level and hardly have social life at all because they want to have a bit of fun in cz to kill people

ITS ONLY FOR FUN, DONT TAKE IT TOO SERIOUS =.=

RE5PECTmf

IMO private server with all skill working ( masters skills and stuff ) , would be perfect ... why? Maybe i think like this because I started on Ares quite late ... ppl were already pimped out .. and the one who didn't got that by babashopping .. Nothing pisses me off the most when i see ppl with leet items raping me in cz .. and when i see dmg bar , i get only Dmg hits .. not even r and shit .. which just proves that ppl r brainless/comboless but with deep pockets ... reasons like this make u wonder and find a nice private server , where all got similar items .. and it just shows skills . Main reason of ppl going on them is because they can't keep track with leveling or gear , because not every1 is working or have rich parents , or ready to stay 24/7 near comp farming . Most of ppl forgot a main objective game haves , its for fun and for completing time, not for profit , but unfortunately , more and more ppl r earning money by reselling items and shit .. don't even wanna mention dupers , which is simply why u quit and play for fun . If u get raped on private server in a vs , its simple ... other person plays better , nothing to blame urself or to swear about him being jerk or duper or babashopper or anything , he/she is just better =) Donating is fair , no1 asks u to donate .. its free 2 play .. ofc that donating probably gets u some benefits , like def armor , or CS or something else .. like it was on SexyKO if im not mistaken . I personally never spent a single $ on this game , even prems i bought with gb's .. so I simply dont care even i KO would close .. i still play USKO tho , but only 'cause i couldn't find a nice private server .. and if one day some1 smart enough would make enough protection ( by enough i mean not much duping / arrow shower hacking ) or make it a less laggy or w/e ... that would be my choice for sure =)

Christ you're pathetic Hostage. The only reason you're doing this is because you were banned from playing one of the servers. You are just as bad if not worse than any of them for DDosing them. I have no respect for anyone that attacks another server especially when the reasoning behind it is pathetic and selfish.

You know why people go to private servers? Because K2 is a shit company, and they have run the game into the ground. The job of taking down private servers is K2s alone, and if they choose not to do it then nothing will happen.

I really can't say I expected anything better coming from you, but seriously you sound like a butthurt child.

GuildWarsfreak

People that play private servers have usually quit USKO closing them down wont make them start playing again..?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast