Question about operative system

This is a discussion on Question about operative system within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I have a procesador intel core2 QUAD 2.83ghz 1333/12, Kingston 2gb ram DDR2, 512 ati radeon DDR3 exp 1gb, GIGABYTE ...
Page: 1

Italus

I have a procesador intel core2 QUAD 2.83ghz 1333/12, Kingston 2gb ram DDR2, 512 ati radeon DDR3 exp 1gb, GIGABYTE G41 LGA775 PCI EXP DDR2+HDMI
    i heard about the windows xp profesional have a limit 1 friend tell about my procesador quad core will not do the best with xp profesional cuz have some limits and he tell me to use windows xp64 for get my best performance and will be more fastest its that true?

sry for my bad english :P

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

With XP 32bit you can have 3GB or 3,5GB max with doesn't allow you to use it in dual channel ...and this is the only one limit you should be aware of.

and for 4 cores CPU ,its all up to program you use if program uses 4 cores its good but if it doesn't use 4 cores CPU with 2 cores with higher clock will be better. That's why I have 2 cores and 3GHz (w/o OC) and its works well for me coz I don't use programs with 4 cores support like CAD 3D etc

But seriously who wants their CPU to have more balls than you?

I heard xp doesnt support 4 cores, but thats what i just heard.... i'd suggest u vista ultimate 64 bit for best performance.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

I heard xp doesnt support 4 cores, but thats what i just heard.... i'd suggest u vista ultimate 64 bit for best performance.[/b]
    if you use 2 gig ram with vista 64 bit ur screwed :S

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

if you use 4 gig ram with vista 32 bit ur screwed :S[/b]
    fixed

if you use 2 gig ram with vista 64 bit ur screwed :S[/b]
    i use 2gig ram with vista, i have no problems at all.
    installation of heavy programs take no time
    searching in folders, no time
    games i get high fps in, even on highest

(apple imac 20" version)

Italus

thx for all answer i make my C: with xp profesional and my D: with xp64 in xp 64 im playing more fastest than xp profesional and i buy 2 ram more for the xp64 cuz i heard xp profesional only can work with 3.2ram and quad core was created after xp profesional so with xp64 its working better the only shit its i cant play cs1.6 cuz there rnt sxe injected for xp64 :/ well i can play in xp profesional :P thx for all answer cu all