Radar Detectors

This is a discussion on Radar Detectors within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; What do you guys think of them(those that used them)? I'm considering buying a Beltronic V955, I found a site ...
Page: 1

What do you guys think of them(those that used them)?
    I'm considering buying a Beltronic V955, I found a site where they have it for a very nice discount. After reading 40+ reviews on radarbuster.com I've pretty much decided on it, but I'm still curious on more opinions/suggestions.

thanks

I dont got 1 i just get speeding tickets :P

never considered gettin 1 lemme know how it works ;P

check your state laws first and even local laws its actually illegal in some parts and from what i understand they dont work that well unless u spend quite a bit on it

ILIKEPIE

I had one that my aunt had given me, but it kept going off for like no reason (she had said that it picked up store alarms or sumthing?) so I gave it back then like a day later got pulled over for speeding

I had one that my aunt had given me, but it kept going off for like no reason (she had said that it picked up store alarms or sumthing?) so I gave it back then like a day later got pulled over for speeding [/b]
    is true they pick up building alarms, certain lights set it off as well for some reason atleast the one i use in my honda <_< its very annoying... but truthfully i spent like 60$ on mine and its saved me atleast 5000$ but ive had mine for about 3-4yrs so they are very handy

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

I&#39;ve never bought one of my own, but I&#39;ve used my brother&#39;s before for road trips.

His is pretty nice and he told me that if you get a speeding ticket while using it, the company will pay for the ticket.

I dont got 1 i just get speeding tickets :P

never considered gettin 1 lemme know how it works ;P[/b]
    Will do.

check your state laws first and even local laws its actually illegal in some parts and from what i understand they dont work that well unless u spend quite a bit on it[/b]
    From what i&#39;ve read it&#39;s only iligel in Virginia and D.C. I live in NY and it&#39;s legal here.

I had one that my aunt had given me, but it kept going off for like no reason (she had said that it picked up store alarms or sumthing?) so I gave it back then like a day later got pulled over for speeding [/b]
    is true they pick up building alarms, certain lights set it off as well for some reason atleast the one i use in my honda <_< its very annoying... but truthfully i spent like 60$ on mine and its saved me atleast 5000$ but ive had mine for about 3-4yrs so they are very handy[/b]
    It&#39;s supposed to do that, it&#39;s job is to pick up the frequencies it&#39;s told to. It might get annoying at times, but that&#39;s how you avoid tickets.

I&#39;ve never bought one of my own, but I&#39;ve used my brother&#39;s before for road trips.

His is pretty nice and he told me that if you get a speeding ticket while using it, the company will pay for the ticket. [/b]

I think that&#39;s only a specific company, Valintine1 if I&#39;m not mistaken.

From what i&#39;ve read it&#39;s only iligel in Virginia and D.C.[/b]
    yay for me <_<

TunaFishyMe

i want one of those...is it legal in canada? How it detect if its a cop? I mean you have to tune in to their specific frequency and I know they always change it.

gotta check local laws at some time it was illegal here had a cop tell a buddy of mine if he wanted he could give him a ticket for it then again some states make using ur cellphone illegal when really ur not supposed to drive with only one hand neways

and the more money u spend the better it will be at not picking up nonsense and actually picking up cops my friend buddy had one and after awhile he got used to the shit it would pick up so he would know if its a cop or not

Can&#39;t wait to get it, if anyone is interested I&#39;ll post a quit review once i do get it