Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RAM question

This is a discussion on RAM question within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; What is the difference between sd ram, ddr, ddr2, ddr3? Which one should I get?...
Page: 1

Banned

What is the difference between sd ram, ddr, ddr2, ddr3? Which one should I get?

Beramusian Senior Member Fr4nkie's Avatar

Depends of your mainboard, mine supports DDR2 bus 800 max I have mainboard ASUS P5N-E SLI.

Banned

how can I find out what ram my computer supports?

Speed

read the manual for your motherboard or find wich motherboard u have and find the specs online.

also u need to know wich speeds supports too, 333.. 667.. 800.. 1333 ( i think? )

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

how can I find out what ram my computer supports?[/b]
    If you could give the model and manufacturer of your computer I'll look into that for you.

evilwevel

most ram today is sdram. and ddr, ddr2, ddr3 are just beter versions of the previous (ddr2 is has an overall higher performance then ddr, just like ddr3 has a higher performance then ddr2).

so like ghost said, if you provide us with your motherboard information (brand, type) we can easely say wich ones you can get.

Banned

Dell Inspiron 9200

and

Acer Aspire One

Banned Senior Member

isn't the SD ram the old ram that computer companies dont sell anymore? everything I see is DDR2

wawh

sd ram is the brand name

ddr first version
    ddr 2 second
    ddr 3 third

it just gets better each time... so they're updates 3th is around 3-6 times faster than ddr

difference between ddr and ddr2 is the latency it produces... not really much has changed just goes a lot faster by removing the lagg
    ddr3 has just faster processing speed

no idea for prices tho, but i think ddr2 is the way to go. not THAT much differnce between ddr2 and ddr3 it seems

but if you want to buy one just wait for ddr4 i think thats gonna pwn

Dell Inspiron 9200

and

Acer Aspire One[/b]
    Dell Inspiron 9200= DDR SDRAM - 333 MHz ( upgradeable upto 2GB RAM)

Ace Aspire One= DDR2 533 MHz ( Upgradeable upto 1GB/1.5 GB RAM)

Banned

Dell Inspiron 9200= DDR SDRAM - 333 MHz ( upgradeable upto 2GB RAM)

Ace Aspire One= DDR2 533 MHz ( Upgradeable upto 1GB/1.5 GB RAM)[/b]
    Do you know where i can buy cheap ram?

I bought the Inspiron 9200 5 years ago and it still runs in top condition and I've never had a problem with it. I kept abusing the dell waranty and got everything replaced atleast 4-5 times (motherboard, the intel chipset, video card, sound card hard drive, keyboard, hard drive, lcd screen, exterior case and the bottom black case). It even looks brand new. My friend told me to upgrade the memory. Right now I have 1 gb of memory. Is it worth upgrading the computer's memory on this computer?

I bought the Inspiron 9200 5 years ago and it still runs in top condition and I've never had a problem with it. I kept abusing the dell waranty and got everything replaced atleast 4-5 times (motherboard, the intel chipset, video card, sound card hard drive, keyboard, hard drive, lcd screen, exterior case and the bottom black case). It even looks brand new. My friend told me to upgrade the memory. Right now I have 1 gb of memory. Is it worth upgrading the computer's memory on this computer?[/b]
    It depends on what you are using it for... You can upgrade your laptop to maximum of 2Gb RAM after that you are pretty much done. If you are using your laptop for designing or any other CPU/RAM based applications then it does not worth to upgrade but to buy a new one.

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

I bought the Inspiron 9200 5 years ago and it still runs in top condition and I've never had a problem with it. I kept abusing the dell waranty and got everything replaced atleast 4-5 times (motherboard, the intel chipset, video card, sound card hard drive, keyboard, hard drive, lcd screen, exterior case and the bottom black case). It even looks brand new. My friend told me to upgrade the memory. Right now I have 1 gb of memory. Is it worth upgrading the computer's memory on this computer?[/b]
    www.NewEgg.com

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

RAM the shit out of him!

wait... this is about gay sex right?

Banned

RAM the shit out of him!
    wait... this is about gay sex right?[/b]
    wheres the little boys?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast