Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Rap sucks

This is a discussion on Rap sucks within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I not know wut dey say in da rap......
Page: 2

Former-Flonne

I not know wut dey say in da rap...

Rap sucks because:

1) MTV + Rap = Kids in the ghetto trying to be real "gangstas", and all that implies.
    2) It perpetuates stereotypes that make the black people look... not very good.
    3) Raggaeton (rap/hip hop mix or sub-genre) promotes, nay, enforces misoginism
    4) Kids dropping out of school because they wanna live "teh life", a fictious creation of MTV and Rap stars

5) Limp Bizkit and all other cross-over bands. I'm all up for mixing but please...
    6) Lil' john and Snoop dog. I rest my case.

bonus
    7) Rap artists in general are hippocrites. They take advantage about the ghettoes and the condition of the modern black man in front of white society for their own purpose (getting rich), and most of them instead of giving back to the community or helping out with scholarships/any form of monetary help, they generally stick to saying "long live the ghetto" or some stupid shit like that and not help at all.

Now, PROOOOSTITUUTEEEE DISFIIIIGURMEEEEENT /headbangs

i hate rap just becasue in their clips they think they are the shit but all they do is speak with the same rythm in the back its just fucked up

Banned

Rap both sucks and can be entertaining at the same time. Examples

Rap sucks = Listen to BabyBash in vent for more than 5 minutes, and you will see why rap is a bane on modern society.

Entertaining = Personally, i like alot of the crossover bands like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and so forth.

bleaF

Originally posted by I_Am_On_Ares
    old rap rocks, most rap today it basically talking to a beat in a loop and ofcourse dancing chicks with huge tits/ass

a good example is 50cent
    +1 >.<

rap sucks >.<
    there r some good songs but most of them like I_Am_On_Ares said is mostly about chicks with big asses >.<

when i hear my sister listening to that shit i just wanna go into her room and kick her in the face >.<

the English one Senior Member Turbanator's Avatar

Rap is good music, i like to listen too it alot. i prefer old stuff but newer stuff is also cool ( well Some ) but i listen to other music. Damn, I'd Get bored Listening to rap 24/7

late 80's and early 90s rap was the real stuff, most of the modern rap is terrible. I listen to the music because I like it, I don't try to live the thug life and act like I was born and raised in south central like some people do. Rap artists don't tell ppl to act like that or go shoot people, so it's not their fault kids are being idiots and trying to act out their music.

SpellBound

I agree with alot of the points previously posted. Most mainstream rap I'm not a fan of because its all the same shit with a different beat and song title. The rap I listen to actually has a point to it, if you want some good underground rappers that actually rap about something worth hearing look up Immortal Technique or Sage Francis. Apathy is another good one too. Just my opinion on the matter

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

some rapers are really good, the way they mix the flow with the message they try to give out, plus the rythm and the concept of their lyrics. But unfortunatelly, most of the rapers are just in there for the cash, so their lyrics are trash, their rythm is copied and their whole ideals are BS. I listen to rap, but i only like few of the songs of it, and despite that, it is a cultural quality that mainly persists on african americans, so even if u nor I like it, it shouldn't be generalized as bad music.... is just different.

Banned

Originally posted by Dro
    so even if u nor I like it, it shouldn't be generalized as bad music.... is just different.
    Noone is "generalizing" it, they are all mearly stating their personal opinions. And again, the rap music (if it can be called that) in my opinion, is pretty much crap, minus a few groups. The so called messages they are trying to put out in them, is something honestly i can live without. Couldnt care less what happens in their "hood", or how many hoes they have, or how much bling bling their cars have. Most of the rap genre today is nothing more than bragging about how rich one person is, or how "OG" they are (when most of them havent stepped foot into a real ghetto other than maybe to refill their limos gas tank).
    Again, my opinion, not a Generalization.

Edit: Oh, and leave it up to Dro to spell it rapers. Thinking of little boys again? :/

Banned

i like music where i can imagine a storyline, or i can have a different beat every few seconds, having metaphors into music is good also, giving credit to other places of the world and making your own words and style of music and not copying another artist or group. not the same one over and over again, with the same words over and over again, eminem rapping about his life and what people think about him is good rap, people rapping about how much sex they get is bullshit and gay its only for entertainment, none of its real.

When rap dies I, and many other people, will die happy.

v0k

Alright enough rap bashing :P

I think to say any genre of music is "bad" is just ignorant, who knows there might be someone or some style out there you havnt heard of and would really like! Anyways, alot of mainstream rap is more about the culture than the music, so i suppose it would be a bad example, but there are alot of other artists that dont get radio play because they're outside of the box and i enjoy them more than anyone else, but then again I can appreciate the struggle that some of these rappers have gone through, and even though some of them still pretend to be living that lifestyle alot of them dont if you really listen to the music and they're just trying to relate to thier audience, alot of whom are in poverty, living in the ghetto etc. anyways, enough of my rant, think what you want

to each his own

NooBZilla

rap is whack, half of the lame bull stories rapper tell you are 90% crap, they make it seem hardier then it probably really was. Rap gets boring when all they do is rap about the same thing over and over with the same beat.

Banned

Originally posted by v0k
    I think to say any genre of music is "bad" is just ignorant,
    So anyone that has a personal opinion, or thinks for themselves, is ignorant? oky men.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast