Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Rift: Release March 1st, 2011

This is a discussion on Rift: Release March 1st, 2011 within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally Posted by josri lvling solo is boring to me tho. btw there will be us/eu servers? Yeah from what ...
Page: 2

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    lvling solo is boring to me tho.

btw there will be us/eu servers?
    Yeah from what I heard there will be. And queues as well . I actually miss queues as you then know your playing on a full server, unlike in Aion after that month or 2.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Was thinking about doing what you said and solo lvl to max llv but that seems so boring tho. Dont you wanna do mid pve stuffz

Yeah I really have no idea whats in mid game since I`m still waiting to play for the first time on the 25th... but from what I hear, there is tons of mid level PvP content and PvE I think... so yeah, I`m thinking of staying on that for a bit.... but what I meant was that if there is some sort of ranking to be top in, then just rush that and let the good legions recruit you .

A guy from the forums made an a pretty good promo video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fislS4T9d0]YouTube - Short Rift Promo Video[/ame]

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Ughh, i take it back, if tera doesnt pwn rift, they are doing smth very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Ughh, i take it back, if tera doesnt pwn rift, they are doing smth very wrong.
    Why do you say that?

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Just preordered it waiting for them to gimme beta key ^.^

If any of you who want to try the game out without having to pre-order, here is what you should do. Register to the main RIFT forums, and keep track in the general discussion. Every few minutes someone is giving out TONS of BETA VIP keys, which will allow you to play for the remaining 3 betas before it`s release,... the next beta starting on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    If any of you who want to try the game out without having to pre-order, here is what you should do. Register to the main RIFT forums, and keep track in the general discussion. Every few minutes someone is giving out TONS of BETA VIP keys, which will allow you to play for the remaining 3 betas before it`s release,... the next beta starting on Tuesday.
    Thanks for the heads-up, just got myself a VIP key, now I'm just waiting for Tuesday to give RIFT a try

Quote Originally Posted by RavouS View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, just got myself a VIP key, now I'm just waiting for Tuesday to give RIFT a try
    Yeah if you have the VIP key, apply it, and within a few hours (at least for me) they will give you an EULA that you have to agree to and then you`ll be able to download the client. However of course, you`re going to have to wait until Jan 25th @10am PST to log.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

This game is just another Aion, warhammer , age of conan... it's going to be forgotten or replaced by another new game within a year or two. Play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    This game is just another Aion, warhammer , age of conan... it's going to be forgotten or replaced by another new game within a year or two. Play WoW.
    Yeah ofc, dead aion. 5k ppl playing. Dead game. True story. Wow won.

Why do you say that?
    Pretty humiliating reason why xD Take a look at the origin of the game. I didnt at first and thought this game might have been good. I sux :<

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    That`s what many WoW players said themselves, until they tried out one of the betas. I actually find it funny. Every other MMO that gets released WoW players always bash on it and keep stating that it`s like a clone of WoW... but with Rift, they start off the same, however they change their minds right away. Coincidence? I wouldn`t think so.

Either way, I`m really loving the forums. In Aion (the last MMO I`ve played), even from the start, the forums were full of WoW fanboys, and flamers... just not a nice sight. However, on these forums, I don`t see any negative remarks at all. Either the moderators are really doing their job, or this is actually a community of some mature people finally.

Either way, WoW fanboys are welcome, but just because you think this might be that much better then your new shitty Catalysm expansion, and only way to stop people from joining the game is to shit talk about it, then nothing more to say then there just might be some envy involved. Either way, try it out for the 2-3 day beta, and if u really think this will be just another MMO, and then comment on with negative remarks, that is unless you change your mind like many WoW fanboys have tried it out for the first time... or if ur a true fanboy, then ur probably just narrow minded thinking that WoW will last you until you become a grandpa, and in that case you`ll just be too stubborn to try it out.

Overall, I just can`t wait for some MMO to beat WoW in susbscriptions, hoping this one will (towards the future), if not any other,... and then I want to see what the fanboys will do. Either way, if you still think that this is similar to WoW, then you`re sadly wrong... you out of all people coming from a PvP game (KO), would love this as it`s more PvP based,... something WoW doesn`t have... (raids, yay.... so fun /sarcasm_off).

L2 had 18mil in official servers 3-4 years ago. Bout the same in private servers worldwide.

On the other hand, i remember seeing an analysis about wows REAL numbers. Bottomline was that they either fake the numbers or have fantom servers.

Many people talk about most new MMOs being WoW clones, but are they really WoW clones?
    I wouldn't way so. Why? Because a clone is a copy of the original, with the same skills, graphics, lore etc. That is why I think that there are no WoW clones out there. Sure, there are games which have been inspired by WoW, some more than others, but they are no clones. Like I have stated in some previous threads, WoW was the first game to set the standard for MMORPGs, but I have seen a lot of WoW players say that when WoW came out in 2004 it was utter crap - there were a lot of bugs, glitches etc. but of course it has become better in the 6½ years it's been released. The only reason poeple like you whine over "clones" of WoW is that you actually only want WoW and no other game, because WoW is so polished compared to other games. But give new MMOs some time.
    The point I'm trying to make is, give other games a chance. Sooner or later, you'll lose your precious WoW.

Anyway, I am not to judge other peoples taste in games. Play whatever you like, I don't give a damn, but just let other people enjoy their games without the spamming, trolling, insulting, bashing etc. I know I'll play a game I like if there's an active population, almost no matter how small. Yes Magyk, even if there's "only" 5000, as long as they enjoy the game.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast