Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Rift: Release March 1st, 2011

This is a discussion on Rift: Release March 1st, 2011 within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe That`s what many WoW players said themselves, until they tried out one of the betas. I ...
Page: 3

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    That`s what many WoW players said themselves, until they tried out one of the betas. I actually find it funny. Every other MMO that gets released WoW players always bash on it and keep stating that it`s like a clone of WoW... but with Rift, they start off the same, however they change their minds right away. Coincidence? I wouldn`t think so.

Either way, I`m really loving the forums. In Aion (the last MMO I`ve played), even from the start, the forums were full of WoW fanboys, and flamers... just not a nice sight. However, on these forums, I don`t see any negative remarks at all. Either the moderators are really doing their job, or this is actually a community of some mature people finally.

Either way, WoW fanboys are welcome, but just because you think this might be that much better then your new shitty Catalysm expansion, and only way to stop people from joining the game is to shit talk about it, then nothing more to say then there just might be some envy involved. Either way, try it out for the 2-3 day beta, and if u really think this will be just another MMO, and then comment on with negative remarks, that is unless you change your mind like many WoW fanboys have tried it out for the first time... or if ur a true fanboy, then ur probably just narrow minded thinking that WoW will last you until you become a grandpa, and in that case you`ll just be too stubborn to try it out.

Overall, I just can`t wait for some MMO to beat WoW in susbscriptions, hoping this one will (towards the future), if not any other,... and then I want to see what the fanboys will do. Either way, if you still think that this is similar to WoW, then you`re sadly wrong... you out of all people coming from a PvP game (KO), would love this as it`s more PvP based,... something WoW doesn`t have... (raids, yay.... so fun /sarcasm_off).
    WoW does have PVP, it just depends on what your into, the game is so vast theres a million things you can do, you can raid, do dungeons, quest, battlegrounds, arena matches, level up professions etc. I took a look at a video of the game, i wasn't too impressed, if i try it then sure perhaps i would like it but lets face it, the game, eventually, wont have a big fan base just like any other of the recent MMO's that came out.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    WoW does have PVP, it just depends on what your into, the game is so vast theres a million things you can do, you can raid, do dungeons, quest, battlegrounds, arena matches, level up professions etc. I took a look at a video of the game, i wasn't too impressed, if i try it then sure perhaps i would like it but lets face it, the game, eventually, wont have a big fan base just like any other of the recent MMO's that came out.
    We`ll see, so far just Amazon has 200k pre-orders... and that`s not even the main site. And let me say, only bad thing I`ve seen with Rift is the attempt to advertise.... and that`s really not a bad thing,... looks like they`re just saving money on advertisement and letting the word to mouth get out, as it is atm exponentially increasing among the population. With that said, you can`t say they`re cheap, they`re smart, I mean afterall they did spend close to 100 million dollars developing the game. Overall, as I said, keep trying to attract people to the decade old WoW, but sorry, I seek for excitement and something new... not something i`ve played for the past 6 years.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

100 mil? Wtf?

Rift is warhammer without the pvp. They even use the same devs and support personel and the same fraking game engine. ENGINE YO?!

theres a million things you can do, you can raid, do dungeons, quest, battlegrounds, arena matches, level up professions etc.
    I only count 6.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

If any1 need more vip keys let me know. I stacked some of em up.

oh and rift beat aion preorders oeoeoe

Got in Beta aswell, abit weird cuz I wrote ''Well I love monkeys'' on the what can you say about yourself form. Are they getting ready to stress test the servers or something?

Yup it seems as they`re going to stress the last 3 betas. Cause honestly for the past 3 days, I think they dealt out at least 10k+ BETA keys with just creating topics on the forums. There is going to be tons of people this beta.

25 more hours to go.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Next beta session tomorrow, gogo

30 minutes ... haven`t been this excited since the last new server in USKO opened up

30 minutes ... haven`t been this excited since the last new server in USKO opened up
    4 minutes! I can't wait to try it ^^

Fucking over impressed... level 10 and just too fucking amazed. I just want them to show how many users are on... I swear it`s at least a million users. Just the NA servers (about 20) are all full and have queues.

Fucking over impressed... level 10 and just too fucking amazed. I just want them to show how many users are on... I swear it`s at least a million users. Just the NA servers (about 20) are all full and have queues.
    Yeah, servers were/are pretty full. I was on the European servers and most servers, if not all, were full when beta 5 opened yesterday

I have just PvPed for about 9 hours straight non-stop.... I haven`t done that ever since I played KO in high school.

edit: Goal was to get 1000+ kills today... achieved , time to zuzu a bit
    Last edited by tHeUnBeAtAbLe; 01-26-2011 at 04:26 AM.

I have just PvPed for about 9 hours straight non-stop.... I haven`t done that ever since I played KO in high school.

edit: Goal was to get 1000+ kills today... achieved , time to zuzu a bit
    That's nice to hear I PK'ed sometimes in KO too, but since that time I have actually avoided PvP because it felt boring (mainly reffering to WoW, but also games like Silk Road, Aion and some other MMOs)

BETA finished... amazing game . On my cocky note,... literally about 90% of my warfronts I had the most kills and most DPS ... with almost 2.5k kills and a bit above 20k favor points in just 3 days .

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Ranger is fucking amazing in warfronts. pvped nonstop for couple of hours

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast