Should I?

This is a discussion on Should I? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; well after I got my new computer, last year, i ordered my free copy of Windows Vista Home Premium. So ...
Page: 1

sime217

well after I got my new computer, last year, i ordered my free copy of Windows Vista Home Premium.

So im wondering now, a year later if I should upgrade to Vista..
    I heard that Vista isnt so great, so im unsure.

Should I upgrade or should I not?
    What are the advantages/disadvantages of Vista versus XP?
    Do all games/programs work on Vista?

Thanks

if u have dual core + 2gb ram..
    or atleast +2gb of ram

then go vista
    vista will suck atleast 700mb ram for its system.. but if you have ram to spare, its worth the trade

1 more thing... the 1st time u install and run vista... leave it on for a day or something, because all of those indexing and updating.

Banned Senior Member

When I first installed Vista, it didn't take much time at all, and I used it the moment I hooked it up to the internet without any problems with indexing/updating

When I first installed Vista, it didn't take much time at all, and I used it the moment I hooked it up to the internet without any problems with indexing/updating[/b]

Me either. Btw, you don't need to have an insane computer to run Vista. I have a Pentium 4, 3.0GHz and 1gig of RAM and run Vista Ultimate without any problems. Only time it lags is when I am running Dream Scene and playing a game. Dream Scene by itself though, doesn't lag my computer at all.

sime217

well thanks, it installed.
    it took almost 3 hours.
    its not that bad the layout and appearanence are pretty cool.

it took 3 hours to install vista only? o.O that insane , and i'm late or i'd say stick with xp for the moment till ms release the first service pack for windows vista, i have two hard drives one have xp and the other have vista, last time i run vista was two months ago, vista is sucks at the moment

Banned

yes - if basically almost all programs are compatible for vista
    no - if not alot of programs are compatible for vista

Baxxor

Xp - great when you play games, wont lagg if u got a decent pc and dont require that much that vista does
    Vista - sure it got great looks and all but at the moment it isn't that great for playing, really good if your only gonna surf and such

So in the end Xp is better for playing at the moment, vista is better for a "normal" home PC when your only gonna use Word or shit.

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

computers are like air conditioners, it stop working when u open the "windows"

sime217

not funny

not funny[/b]
    also doesn't make any sense cuz you need to open the window to put the air conditioner in