Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should I buy an iphone 3G?

This is a discussion on Should I buy an iphone 3G? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I'm getting one. Already have the money set aside. Gonna be down there on July 11th to pick one up. ...
Page: 2

I'm getting one. Already have the money set aside. Gonna be down there on July 11th to pick one up. Might even go at midnight if they do one of those midnight release things.
    Actually it is a two year contract, just like every other contract that AT&T does. And yes, the data plan was increased to $30/month for the smallest package, which includes unlimited data transfer and 75 SMS text messages (Not sure about 75, might be more)[/b]
    But you have to remember, he's Canadian. As am I.
    We have yet to see an unlimited data plan, and an iPhone is just a BAD idea without one.
    If I was American, I would definitely get one.

But you have to remember, he's Canadian. As am I.
    We have yet to see an unlimited data plan, and an iPhone is just a BAD idea without one.
    If I was American, I would definitely get one.[/b]

Ah, indeed. I forgot that you guys were Canadian. Well, from an American standpoint, it's a great deal lol.

TunaFishyMe

if i can get an unlimited plan for ~ 50-70 bucks...im in...dont know if thatll be possible...
    otherwise, ill just buy it and use it as a regular phone...i can buy it without dataplan right?

if i can get an unlimited plan for ~ 50-70 bucks...im in...dont know if thatll be possible...
    otherwise, ill just buy it and use it as a regular phone...i can buy it without dataplan right?[/b]
    Should be able to. You could do that on the first generation iPhone. And if you live in a primarily-wired city, might be more cost effective since you can still just use WiFi to get internet connectivity. And it's even faster than 3G.

nathan16

im definately going to get an iphone i think they will be a good buy

TunaFishyMe

thats what im planning to do, just use wifi...but it blows for the gps cuz if im driving, theres no way i can continuously log onto unsecure networks lol. but i mean, how often would i use gps anyways, not an everyday thing.
    ill probably get the white one if i do get one since i like to be special

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

you should buy a phone and give it to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12