Sick Days

This is a discussion on Sick Days within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Does feeling totally under the weather justify a day off work? I dont like having sick days but im bunged ...
Page: 1

Does feeling totally under the weather justify a day off work? I dont like having sick days but im bunged up with cold/headaches/generally feeling shit.

What would other people do in this situation? Hate having sick days going down on my record!

just go to a doctor and get it writen then it dont matter if u do take a sick day and u dont give a writen doctors slip saying ur sick it can usually affect ur job history

Not going to the doctors for a cold/flu! Nothing they can prescribe for it, plus dont need a doctors note unless its 7+ days off work

yes you dont need but its still will look good and cold/flu can lead to 1000 other things getting checked up aint going to hurt and it gives u an excuse for calling off

i worked a union job for about 4 or 5 months in that time i only showed up like 20 days rofl altho i was 14 at the time and they'd only allow me to work weekends which is why i called off always

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

If i was one of your co-workers I would love for you to take a sick day so I could stay healthy, I hate being at school and the person right beside you looks like he/she is about to die from being sick, but come to school anyway

where i work, you get like 7 sick days a year and if you dont use them by the end of the year, u lose em, so everyone usually takes a week off in december.
    i know you live in the Uk so you probably get 2-3 months off for sick days so ya i'd go for it