Side jobs and supplemental income, what do you do?

This is a discussion on Side jobs and supplemental income, what do you do? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; We have a "what do you do for a living" thread, but what do you do, besides what you do? ...
Page: 1

Default Side jobs and supplemental income, what do you do?

We have a "what do you do for a living" thread, but what do you do, besides what you do?
    I'm looking to start making some hobby income. I have a cushy desk job and I need some more fulfillment. Not hurting for money or anything, but just want to "work for myself" a little on the side.
    Anyone here share that mentality? Who here makes money on the side, and how do you do it?

I sell gold bars on midgard, I have a web store on my website where I sell some health products, and I'm investing alot of time in social media like youtube (the goal is after a year or two to be getting decent money from it). I'm also looking into products I can import that will sell well on trademe (new zealand version of ebay). It's not easy though, some days I will spend 6 hours + working on videos (and other things like website, blog posts, reddit, forums, other social media like facebook instagram, comments on youtube etc). But I I really like making videos and I figure I could spend 6hours+ a day working a job I don't like or spend 6+ hours doing this and developing a solid long term passive income.